Sabres show life. Beat Florida

Buffalo Rick

On 10/13/2024 at 6:33 AM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Didn't Florida play their backup goalie and lost Barkov to injury?

OK, you want to talk about injuries?  We have Paterka out with concussion.  He may be our best offensive player before its all said and done. Luukenen is still better than Levi.  And we had the kid Levi in goal.  The schedule maker has finally given us a break, the next three are all game we can winl

17 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Either way, Levi and my fantasy team liked this result a LOT 😀

If you are going to add one more Sabre to your fantasy team make it Paterka.  He should play his first game tomorrow.  This kid is a star in the making.  Id say only Tuch and Thompson would possibly produce more points than Paterka.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Rick said:

If you are going to add one more Sabre to your fantasy team make it Paterka.  He should play his first game tomorrow.  This kid is a star in the making.  Id say only Tuch and Thompson would possibly produce more points than Paterka.

In fantasy hockey, unless there is a real compelling reason to add more players from one team, it is usually best to hedge your bets with different players from different teams...avoiding the 'all eggs in one basket' thing.
And I already have the two goalies, Levi and Luukkonen, plus Dahlin. I think that is enough Buffalo on my plate.

Not saying Peterka isn't worth having on the team, but, right now, no room for him, and, he still has to prove he can put up the numbers on a consistent basis that fantasy owners need to justify keeping him on a team.

If Peterka is the real deal, then sooner than later fantasy owners will look for ways to get him on their team....and plotting ways to pry him loose from those who may have already picked him up.
Right now though, he won't be an option for me, as I am currently happy with my forward ranks, plus, I already have three Sabres.

EDIT:
Just realized...he already is on a team. Drafted on Day 1, so there...someone thinks he will do well this season.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

In fantasy hockey, unless there is a real compelling reason to add more players from one team, it is usually best to hedge your bets with different players from different teams...avoiding the 'all eggs in one basket' thing.
And I already have the two goalies, Levi and Luukkonen, plus Dahlin. I think that is enough Buffalo on my plate.

Not saying Peterka isn't worth having on the team, but, right now, no room for him, and, he still has to prove he can put up the numbers on a consistent basis that fantasy owners need to justify keeping him on a team.

If Peterka is the real deal, then sooner than later fantasy owners will look for ways to get him on their team....and plotting ways to pry him loose from those who may have already picked him up.
Right now though, he won't be an option for me, as I am currently happy with my forward ranks, plus, I already have three Sabres.

EDIT:
Just realized...he already is on a team. Drafted on Day 1, so there...someone thinks he will do well this season.

If we are to make the playoffs the next three teams on our schedule are all teams we should beat.  The Penguins and Blackhawks being two.  Florida is obviously much better than both.  Columbus is the other but they can be tough at times.  I believe Paterka will produce.   I am hoping they keep him with Jack Quinn, another kid that I  have faith in.  They can be the next Pommenville and Roy