Game 1: Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks; 10/11/24: 10 PM, NBCSP, ESPN+

Howie58

24 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Foerster cashes in on a nice passing play. Good feed from Farabee and entry by Brink. 1-1 game.

Yep I think Zamula started that rush... one-touch passes, quick execution - nice to see Foerster score in G1 .

Lucky Ersson was sharp - Flyers need to clean up the TOs in their own end.

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

be nice to see Couturier get involved...

HEY! late call but Cam York did score on that shot ... obvious from the overhead ...

still waiting for Couturier ...

Obvious live. Honestly was instantly screaming at the screen

59 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Wow the season started and I had no idea.

Weird.

i tuned in to the game highlights and was shocked that Laughton wasn’t mentioned until late in the 3rd

also weird

Rick, get off of Coach's computer. You're not fooling anyone.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 3

over all a very good game they played better than i thought they would

no one in this organization can keep up with Matvei's vision

he see so much before it happens so we are going to have to be prepared to see them miss a lot of plays on the ice because the players just aren't prepared now for him and the plays he can make

they need to quickly acquire the talents before we so many plays being left on the ice simply due to the fact they can't keep up with him

• Like 1

Frost has a great opportunity skating with Michkov. Michkov created seams using his foot speed - with and w/out the puck - and it struck me how easy he made it look. The Canucks weren't sleeping but I think MM took them by surprise a bit esp in the 3rd.

Hopefully Frost is inspired by Michkov, seeing a guy doing what he wants to do. Frost has talent but he's still figuring out how to use it. Michkov - on the offense side anyway - is already there.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2024 at 2:46 PM, GratefulFlyers said:

Frost has a great opportunity skating with Michkov. Michkov created seams using his foot speed - with and w/out the puck - and it struck me how easy he made it look. The Canucks weren't sleeping but I think MM took them by surprise a bit esp in the 3rd.

Hopefully Frost is inspired by Michkov, seeing a guy doing what he wants to do. Frost has talent but he's still figuring out how to use it. Michkov - on the offense side anyway - is already there.

Torts is flipping Michkov back to the RW can't believe they asked him to switch wings  and not TK can't believe they pay him all that money and he can't even play the off wing to help a rookie out.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Torts is flipping Michkov back to the RW can't believe they asked him to switch wings  and not TK can't believe they pay him all that money and he can't even play the off wing to help a rookie out.

A possibility:

Michkov was switched and not TK because Michkov CAN.

Reminds me of my dojang days...we had this smallish instructor who was always put in well over his weight class during grapple drills....his speed was not being utilized, but none of the other instructors, bigger, ironically, could deal with some of the bigger students in grapples.
But they put that undersized instructor to work with the big boys because he CAN.

I suspect Michkov, with his skillset, will prove versatile enough, and skilled enough, that it really won't make too much difference which side of the wing he is on....he just CAN.
Even for a non Flyer fan like myself, he certainly will be an interesting follow this season.

If he can do anything for the Flyers like Kaprizov has for the always middling Minnesota Wild, then you've got a guy you can definitely build forward lines around.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

13 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Michkov was switched and not TK because Michkov CAN.

he looked a little off the other night i think it is best to play him where he is comfortable and let him settle down and let the game settle down for him some in the position he is use to he is a left shot so he is just used to playing on his off wing.

When he shows he is comfortable maybe then i experiment with him playing the right side i think Torts noticed this and is why he is switching him back. Good move.

• Like 4