๐ŸŽฟ 2024-25 GENERAL NHL SEASON GAMES THREAD ๐Ÿ”Š

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Haha...
OEL not happy with the call against him.
Tryna play the tough guy and take someone with him to the box.

I don't know that there has been a more overrated, bloated, wtf are you smokin defenseman, since Kevin Shattenkirk or Tomas Kaberle, than Oliver Ekman-Freakin-Larsson!

OEL was good a long time ago. Like back when the sharks were contenders long ago.

ย 

5 on 3!

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

OEL was good a long time ago. Like back when the sharks were contenders long ago.

ย 

5 on 3!

ย 

I never was on the OEL bandwagon. Ever.
Even early in his Coyote days, I felt the media gave him way too much attention for what I saw on the ice.
Then it was always, "Yea, but he plays on the Coyotes, he needs help"

He goes elsewhere, to different teams, and he is still the same soft, overrated, mostly braindead defensively, anemic offensively d-man I remember way back even during the Jurassic Shark Era...ย :biggrin:

Ooof...probably a growing pains thing, but the Canadiens are doing a terrible job supporting their own players on wall battles.
They certainly are competing, but looks to me there are times when someone on the Habs needs to come in and do a double team on a Leafs player or at the very least, get in passing lanes in case the Toronto player wins the wall battle (which is happening quite a bit the last several minutes), and they just aren't doing that.

A coachable thing, I do believe.
And fortunately for Monteal, the Leafs were not able to make good on those Montreal mistakes....even making errant passes that sees them lose the offensive zone.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Suzuki-Caufield

Could they be the up n coming Montreal version of Kane-Toews?
They sure look like it sometimes!

Nahhh. I like both, but nahhh

ย 

I don't see the Selke winning defense or high end offense. i can see Caufield being a 40 goal scorer.

ย 

Why are the Habs fans booing Pacioretty? YOU traded him for Suzuki lol. its not like he held out and left in a huff

End of 2, still 1-0 Montreal.

Good news for MSL's bunch?
They are still leading 1-0.

BAD news for MSL's bunch?
They are still leading ONLY 1-0.

They keep letting these Leafs hang around the scoreboard, they are asking for trouble.
Habs needed a separator goal in that second period!

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

End of 2, still 1-0 Montreal.

Good news for MSL's bunch?
They are still leading 1-0.

BAD news for MSL's bunch?
They are still leading ONLY 1-0.

They keep letting these Leafs hang around the scoreboard, they are asking for trouble.
Habs needed a separator goal in that second period!

ย 

Peeking in on NYR-PIT during the intermission in Canada, and wow...
Rangers continue to pummel the Penguins on the scoreboard.

4-0 now midway through the second....and from what I just heard from the broadcast booth "another rush goal".
That tells me the Pens' defense is just not showing up tonight leaving Jarry high and most likely, dry...

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Peeking in on NYR-PIT during the intermission in Canada, and wow...
Rangers continue to pummel the Penguins on the scoreboard.

4-0 now midway through the second....and from what I just heard from the broadcast booth "another rush goal".
That tells me the Pens' defense is just not showing up tonight leaving Jarry high and most likely, dry...

i wanted to see how the pens reclamation projects like Puljujarvi and Cody Glass went.

not well from what i can tell LOL

16 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Why are the Habs fans booing Pacioretty? YOU traded him for Suzuki lol. its not like he held out and left in a huff

ย 

Because it's by far the worst and most insufferable fan base in the NHL.

ย 

I used to spend around $200 to watch the Stars in that arena and leaving this building as the winner is worth every single penny.ย 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ryan Reaves and whomever he was just skating with....glorious scoring chance...and didn't get it.
I am shocked, quite frankly.ย :shifty:

Remember when John Scott scored on the breakaway goal at the all star game?

He was voted to go as a troll joke, but you could almost hear him as he lumbered towards the net.

"I'M DOING IT! I'M DOOOOING IT"

ย 

ย 

• Haha 1

Habs do it...wow!

Samuel Montembeault does something no one has been able to do in some time: shut out the Leafs.
Nice win for the Habs, 1-0, but its gonna be tough sledding if they think they can win over the course of a season that way.

Leafs, frankly, shot themselves in the foot more than a few times....kudos to Montreal for not giving anything up, despite some mistakes, but Toronto SHOULD have gotten at least two or three goals this game had they been sharper.

Tuning in a bit on the CGY-VAN game...looks like there was some sort of hellacious collision between JT Miller and Kevin Rooney with Rooney getting the worst of it.

That collision, of course, incites a scrum between all players on the ice, but no penalty was called.
Looked like just an unfortunate collision with Rooney getting sideswiped while he and Miller were battling for the puck.

We will see if anything does come of this though.
Sometimes can never tell with the NHL officiating...

Canucks strike first.ย 
After all that craziness from the previous hitting situation, Calgary ended up with the extra penalty (all roughing minors to all players), Van gets the PP, and capitalize on it with 1 second left on the man advantage... Daniel Sprong with the tally.