🎿 2024-25 GENERAL NHL SEASON GAMES THREAD πŸ”Š

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

PP once again for the Habs....this time they get it done!
Cole Caufield with Montreal's first goal of the season, giving his team the 1-0 midway through the 1st

Β 

The sweet sweet saucer OEL tried to block from Slafkovky to Caufield πŸ˜›

I see former Bolt Alex Barre-Boulet is on the Habs.
Wishing him luck. He really tried to stick on the Lightning, but he just may be a sometimes scoring bottom sixer/PK'er when all is said n done.
Plus, the TB forwards group harder to crack than Montreal's.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Β 

Meh...the monkeys will get around to it eventually. :bigteeth:Β 

I can't stay up for the whole game, but i wanted to see some folks and how they look. Hutson may eventually supplant PP1 but kids like him tend to run out of gas at game 20 lol

You HAVE to be looking forward to the 'Celebrini Era' that will start tomorrow, eh @J0e Th0rnton?
Not sure what the Sharkies can accomplish this year standings-wise, but at the very least, they need to re-instill the winning culture and mentality in that locker room.

Chicago for instance, is still doing a heck of a lot of losing, and have been since getting Bedard...yet people keep going on about how they "are going to get better fast"
I see no reason that same mentality can't be started with San Jose and Celebrini.

And it starts in that locker room, the unity, and the will to win on the ice

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I can't stay up for the whole game, but i wanted to see some folks and how they look. Hutson may eventually supplant PP1 but kids like him tend to run out of gas at game 20 lol

Β 

I have to keep reminding myself you are on some Lunar time zone where you are like 2 days ahead in time and everything happens for you much earlier or much later with regards to NHL scheduling! :bigteeth:

You HAVE to be looking forward to the 'Celebrini Era' that will start tomorrow, eh @J0e Th0rnton?
Not sure what the Sharkies can accomplish this year standings-wise, but at the very least, they need to re-instill the winning culture and mentality in that locker room.

Chicago for instance, is still doing a heck of a lot of losing, and have been since getting Bedard...yet people keep going on about how they "are going to get better fast"
I see no reason that same mentality can't be started with San Jose and Celebrini.

And it starts in that locker room, the unity, and the will to win on the ice

Im actually perplexed at how bad Chicago's draft pool is aside from Bedard and Levshunov. Korchinski looks like a bust to me and Moore isn't great. Nazar seemed just ok from what i saw.

Β 

Β 

And yeah, im excited to see Celebrini's debut. Realistically i want us to suck one more year and draft either Matt Schaefer or Logan Hensler. I don't want the kids to get caved in like the sharks were last year, but im ok with growing pain losing. Celebrini already looks REALLLY good to me. Smith will need granlund on his line to take the C pressure off. Smith seemed a step behind preseason

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Im actually perplexed at how bad Chicago's draft pool is aside from Bedard and Levshunov. Korchinski looks like a bust to me and Moore isn't great. Nazar seemed just ok from what i saw.

Β 

Β 

And yeah, im excited to see Celebrini's debut. Realistically i want us to suck one more year and draft either Matt Schaefer or Logan Hensler. I don't want the kids to get caved in like the sharks were last year, but im ok with growing pain losing. Celebrini already looks REALLLY good to me. Smith will need granlund on his line to take the C pressure off. Smith seemed a step behind preseason

Β 

Β 

Β 

Watching some of that Chicago-Utah game (damn that sounds weird!)....and the Blackhawks, well, they just defend really poorly.
Until they get some semblance of team defense with regards to proper positioning and decision making, they will continue to lose no matter how talented a forwards group they put together.

I mean, just some real braindead stuff I saw from Chicago yesterday.
I know they are young, but there ARE some veterans on that team who should know better, and, it is up to the coaching staff to instill NHL caliber defending in all players, and I have not seen that from the Hawks for the last couple seasons.

Hopefully, your Sharks will take the defensive ingredients much more seriously.

• Like 1

Alex Lafreniere scores to give the Rangers a 2-0.
Watching some of this while the Leafs and Habs are on INT.

Boy does Laf need to have a good season....otherwise, the bust label may follow him around.
He is on my fantasy team....and at one point, he was rumored to be traded to the Lightning.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Β 

Watching some of that Chicago-Utah game (damn that sounds weird!)....and the Blackhawks, well, they just defend really poorly.
Until they get some semblance of team defense with regards to proper positioning and decision making, they will continue to lose no matter how talented a forwards group they put together.

I mean, just some real braindead stuff I saw from Chicago yesterday.
I know they are young, but there ARE some veterans on that team who should know better, and, it is up to the coaching staff to instill NHL caliber defending in all players, and I have not seen that from the Hawks for the last couple seasons.

Hopefully, your Sharks will take the defensive ingredients much more seriously.

Our top 2 defensemen are Walman and Ferraro lol.

Β 

I'm not confident

Β 

Walman/Ceci

Ferraro/BenningΒ 

Thrun/RuttaΒ 

Β 

Vlasic(press box)

Β 

When Mukhamadullin is healthy he probably starts AHL until he gets up to speed. But he should replace Thrun.

Β 

Dickenson, Cagnoni and Pohlkamp are D guys in the system I see a future for. Maybe Wallenius once he gets a bit older

Β 

Cagnoni reminds me of Dan Boyle.Β 

Alex Lafreniere scores to give the Rangers a 2-0.
Watching some of this while the Leafs and Habs are on INT.

Boy does Laf need to have a good season....otherwise, the bust label may follow him around.
He is on my fantasy team....and at one point, he was rumored to be traded to the Lightning.

I think Lafreniere is already excellent. What he needs is to replace Trocheck on PP1

Β 

Scoring 28 goals and 57 points with nearly zero meaningful PP time is pretty damn goodΒ 

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I think Lafreniere is already excellent. What he needs is to replace Trocheck on PP1

Β 

Scoring 28 goals and 57 points with nearly zero meaningful PP time is pretty damn goodΒ 

Β 

I know.
I saw his improvements last season, but the NY media sure is tough on their players.
Listening to them, you'd think Laf was akin to David Legwand or something....

• Good Post 1

5 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Back in Montreal....

Christian Dvorak with a bid to beat Anthony Stolarz in net for the Leafs.
Stoly the Goalie, however, said NO!Β 
In French. :bigteeth:Β 

Hutson looks reallllly good

Haha...
OEL not happy with the call against him.
Tryna play the tough guy and take someone with him to the box.

I don't know that there has been a more overrated, bloated, wtf are you smokin defenseman, since Kevin Shattenkirk or Tomas Kaberle, than Oliver Ekman-Freakin-Larsson!