NHL waivers 2024-25

A lot of times at training camp this is normal to see lots of waivers and wonder who will get claimed.

That being said @Brewin Flames am I reading this correctly that the Flames just waived Jakob Pelletier?

WTF does your GM smoke. Like Valamaki, I doubt he makes it through waivers

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

A lot of times at training camp this is normal to see lots of waivers and wonder who will get claimed.

That being said @Brewin Flames am I reading this correctly that the Flames just waived Jakob Pelletier?

Pelletier is too small to play 4th line minutes, and in 37 games has 4 NHL goals .... IDK he reminds me a lot of that Zadina fella.....

Flames also wAived Cole Schwint who came over from Florida as the gem prospect in the hiberdrau and tkachuk deal. 

49 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Pelletier is too small to play 4th line minutes, and in 37 games has 4 NHL goals .... IDK he reminds me a lot of that Zadina fella.....

Flames also wAived Cole Schwint who came over from Florida as the gem prospect in the hiberdrau and tkachuk deal. 

Pelletier seemed to do much better at AHL level than Zadina and was looking good until his injury.

• Like 1

On 10/6/2024 at 3:02 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Pelly cleared waivers...

He's a 5'9 smurf was was invisible during pre-season

Edited by Brewin Flames
  • Like 1

Oilers fans are losing their minds about losing Raphael Lavoie, but I'd guess it's as much because of the Philip Broberg and Dylan Holloway signings as anything else...

-I can't begin to count the number of Raphael Lavoie players I've seen in my years of watching the game. He's a classic fringe player: has an NHL shot, but is a poor skater. The AHL coach gives him loads of PP time, gets 25ish goals out of him, and then fans of the big team are mystified when any number of coaches and managers on the NHL team see him and don't find room for him on their roster.

-24 year olds with 7 NHL games played and zero points can't properly even be called prospects.
-It's never optimal to lose players to waivers. The play would have been to trade him last year, for whatever he could fetch: 6th or 7th rounder... If they could have even done that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Oilers fans are losing their minds about losing Raphael Lavoie, but I'd guess it's as much because of the Philip Broberg and Dylan Holloway signings as anything else...

-I can't begin to count the number of Raphael Lavoie players I've seen in my years of watching the game. He's a classic fringe player: has an NHL shot, but is a poor skater. The AHL coach gives him loads of PP time, gets 25ish goals out of him, and then fans of the big team are mystified when any number of coaches and managers on the NHL team see him and don't find room for him on their roster.

-24 year olds with 7 NHL games played and zero points can't properly even be called prospects.
-It's never optimal to lose players to waivers. The play would have been to trade him last year, for whatever he could fetch: 6th or 7th rounder... If they could have even done that.

OMG this is depressing.

18 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

And now the Golden Knights have waived Raphael Lavioe a day after claiming him.

They looked under the hood lol and found it wanting.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

It's almost as if someone over in Vegas is playing fantasy hockey or something... :shifty: 

What? Did they trade him to ruxpin?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, radoran said:

What? Did they trade him to ruxpin?

No worries ..... he won't be staying long.  @ruxpin will have him gone in 24 hours ...... :smileyandcomputer:  He won't even have a locker assigned to him! :bigteeth:

38 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

No worries ..... he won't be staying long.  @ruxpin will have him gone in 24 hours ...... :smileyandcomputer:  He won't even have a locker assigned to him! :bigteeth:

When he's done scrubbing the toilets, he's out of here.

People in Vegas said he did a wonderful job, and former employers always fully disclose on reference checks.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

When he's done scrubbing the toilets, he's out of here.

People in Vegas said he did a wonderful job, and former employers always fully disclose on reference checks.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeoYetn02tEmlOa7C6HhCaNcj8LklI_BHgLQ&s

On 10/7/2024 at 5:47 PM, JR Ewing said:

I know Lavoie well. I liked him on the Moose. Skates like his boots are made of concrete lol

Hell of a shot though. But he is so streaky

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

I know Lavoie well. I liked him on the Moose. Skates like his boots are made of concrete lol

Hell of a shot though. But he is so streaky

Yup. Colin Chaulk has benched him in Bakersfield a few times in the last couple of years over concerns of "compete level". He says it's gotten better, but it's not something that a pro should be admonished for.

4 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Yeah, he's looking like a classic, one-dimensional tweener

Just wait. Vegas could claim him again and would be free to send him to their AHL affiliate. When this happens, it will be the funniest sh|t ever.