Jett Luchanko

Is Luchanko ready for the bigs?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is Luchanko ready for the bigs?

• Hell yes, didja see him do the thing!!!!?!?!??
    • Um, Jamie Drysdale is RIGHT there, send him back to junior.

57 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Presumably because there's pressure from some moronic bean counters at Comcast. 

15 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

It's better for Tortorella, it's a better look

This and this!  For whatever reason, optics mean everything to this organization .....  They just can't have a rebuild like everyone else.  They have to look good in doing so to appease this impatient fan base. 

If the whole notion was to draft a player and plug him in on day one then they should have drafted a more ready NHL player.  That has been my whole argument since draft night. 

Konsta Helenius is more NHL ready then Jett.  Agree at 5'11', and 180 pounds, he isn’t the biggest guy on the block. That said, he has built an identity as a hard worker and seemingly never takes a shift off. That kind of attitude and effort are welcome on any team. Helenius plays a 200-foot game and has a fantastic hockey IQ.  Many draft pundits  rate Helenius, as one of the most well-rounded prospects available in 2024.  He should be able to fit nicely into any second line in the NHL.

Yes ... I get it ... water under the bridge. the draft is over.  However, many on here argued that Jett was a keeper and this is the type of pick that you look long term at, not the immediate future.  Then if that is the case then for some of those very same reasons, as well as some I listed above, are the reasons he SHOULD NOT be on the squad when the season opens.  You simply cannot have it both ways. 

If it was the intent of this organization to have someone on the roster they drafted this past summer, then Jett should NOT have been the pick and a more ready NHL player like Helenius should have been the pick.    It appears that this FO is talking out both ends of the their collective mouths. 

Three years from now we will all be bitching and moaning why Jett never developed as a player.  You simply cannot develop offensive skills while getting minimum PP time if any at all and 3rd line minutes.  If he must be on the roster, then fine, give him 9 games to get his feet wet then ship him back to Guelph.

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

It appears that this FO is talking out both ends of the their collective mouths. 

Not the end of the digestive tract I would have chosen, but you do you.  😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Three years from now we will all be bitching and moaning why Jett never developed as a player

Sorry for multiple quote responses from the same post. 

Three years from now we'll be cheering as our broken superhero savior is traded for a broken defenseman who immediately goes on LTIR for longer than a Netflix series.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Sorry for multiple quote responses from the same post. 

Three years from now we'll be cheering as our broken superhero savior is traded for a broken defenseman who immediately goes on LTIR for longer than a Netflix series.

1) no worries 😉 

2) rather, rinse, repeat…..

I will add this team will also be on yet another GM …. Still hoping to find the magic beans (sarcasm font)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

1) no worries 😉 

2) rather, rinse, repeat…..

I will add this team will also be on yet another GM …. Still hoping to find the magic beans (sarcasm font)

I'm guessing Hartnell...because his game was all about brains! 

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm guessing Hartnell...because his game was all about brains! 

Why? Is Voracek still caught in the loop of that pesky revolving door at Tim Horton's?

I mean, if they're going for stupid, go all in.

On 10/4/2024 at 4:33 PM, pilldoc said:

Why the need to rush this kid??? 
I am only ok with this if it is for 9 games only.

do they know they could have used his 9 games for when/if he joins them after their CHL season is over??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

do they know they could have used his 9 games for when/if he joins them after their CHL season is over??

They have to "go for it" at the beginning of the season. They'll be out of contention by the end. Besides, waiting til then wouldn't mess with his development. It's the Flyer way.

Like it said in The Standard ..."The sweater means something more in Philadelphia😆

Who writes this crap? 

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 2

I agree 100% with @BobbyClarkeFan16

This is Torts being Torts.

It feels selfish to me. 

He doesn't know how long he will be the coach, but he wants to coach that kid (Luchanko) before he quits or gets fired.

I hope Danny and Jonesy step in here especially if they want more from the pick than what he's showing right now.

He's going to be an NHL player.

What kind of player do they want him to be? 

Someone needs to stop the madness. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 3