Kolosov ???

Lunatic

36 minutes ago, Lunatic said:

Just reported that Kolosov is in the air and headed back to join the Flyers training camp.  For Real? 

Appears the agreement is that he will play some exhibition and some AHL but will be loaned back to the KHL if he doesn't stick with the Flyers.

If this isn't a case about two-way $$$, I don't know what is.

This makes me wonder about the EM (can't spell or remember the dude's name...) signing?  I thought he would be paired with Petersen.  Now we have a fifth wheel.  Can they bury someone in the ECHL?  By the way, I think the EM signing probably lit a fire under Kolosov's ass...i.e., you aren't indispensable and nobody will trade for you unless you're stateside.  

This is a distraction.  Let's hope Ersson and the Big Russian turn into a more than passable pair.  

after his shenanigans, Kosolov had better be the real deal, as I imagine his leash is going to be pretty short, and the kid they just signed, I'd like to see more of him, from what I could see from the highlights, he looked pretty poised.

Edited by flyerdog
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

not even excited about a kid who doesn't want to prove himself

Who said that?

Kid may not be excited about proving himself and still not being able to get the job they offered him.

If someone offered you $270,000 and you were only able to get $50K, I think you'd look at that "opportunity" differently.

Especially on a staff where a guy is being paid $500,000 to play terribly and start in front of you and another guy who got $350,000 without proving anything at all.

YMMV

:hocky:

Briere played this very well, actually. If Ersson/Fedotov stink and if Kolosov tears it up in the AHL, he gets his shot. If Ersson/Fedotov turn into a great pairing and if Kolosov does well in the AHL, one of them became trade material to land some more pieces. If all three stink, Kolosov returns to Russia, never to be seen or heard from again. 

Either way, the ball is now in Kolosov's court. Briere has taken the heat off himself and the franchise (for now). 

5 hours ago, radoran said:

Your faith in Ian Laperriere's ability to effectively develop players is legendary.

I don't have faith in Laperriere, at all. I rip on him all the time. But some players are developing in spite of him (Tuomaala and Andrae are two good examples of that). If Kolosov is as good as he thinks he is, he could tear it up down there. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, radoran said:

Your faith in Ian Laperriere's ability to effectively develop players is legendary.

But not terrible.

Brink, York, Lycksell, Andrae, Ersson and maybe Ginning and Attard have all benefited from their time in LHV.

Who knows what the outcome for a player like Ollie Lycksell is if he just tries to jump from the first Swedish league to the NHL. He's at least gotten to the point where he's pushing for a roster spot.

I don't think Lappy's ever going to be a head coach in the NHL; but it seems to me if the job is to restore guy's confidence and/or get them to realize their full abilities, he's doing mostly okay.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't think Lappy's ever going to be a head coach in the NHL; but it seems to me if the job is to restore guy's confidence and/or get them to realize their full abilities, he's doing mostly okay.

Merely reacting to BC's comment about Kolosov tearing it up in the AHL given his well documented skepticism of Lappy.

9 hours ago, radoran said:

Just making sure mojo did

🤣

It's funny and all.

BCfan has made clear his disdain for Lappy.

I don't know if I think he's doing a poor job. 

If I had a nickel for every longstanding trope delivered in this forum-I'd have a couple of bucks for sure. 

There comes a time when I get tired of reading how everything is terrible and I feel the need to speak up.

This was one of those times. 

carry on.

yes Ian Laperrier is a douche and i hate him and everything else. 

• Like 1