Who wins it all in 2024-25?

yave1964

2 hours ago, yave1964 said:

My pick first ..  

Edmonton besting the Devils in five quick games.

I love the moves the oilers made in the offseason McDavid will not be denied 

You believe the Devils are good enough to get to final?  Sabres open with them , I believe back to back games?

4 hours ago, Buffalo Rick said:

You believe the Devils are good enough to get to final?  Sabres open with them , I believe back to back games?

Oh God yeah, I love the Devil's. For sure. 

In their own division Pittsburgh and Washington are slipping, Carolina was gutted in free agency, the rangers are a year older 

Jersey got

Markstrom solves the net

Hamilton returns after missing most of last season

Meier and Mercer started slow but really got going on second half

Peace is criminally underrated and they stole him from Carolina 

Allen is a meh number one goalie but a fantastic number two

Everything went wrong, last year Jack Hughes couldn't stay healthy if he plays 82 solid games he will be a top ten in the league in scoring. I feel they addressed every need intelligently in a regressing division and it is there year.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2024 at 4:25 PM, yave1964 said:

Oh God yeah, I love the Devil's. For sure. 

In their own division Pittsburgh and Washington are slipping, Carolina was gutted in free agency, the rangers are a year older 

Jersey got

Markstrom solves the net

Hamilton returns after missing most of last season

Meier and Mercer started slow but really got going on second half

Peace is criminally underrated and they stole him from Carolina 

Allen is a meh number one goalie but a fantastic number two

Everything went wrong, last year Jack Hughes couldn't stay healthy if he plays 82 solid games he will be a top ten in the league in scoring. I feel they addressed every need intelligently in a regressing division and it is there year.

You make fine points and a lot of sense as always. however I have to point out...

The addition of Chuck Fletcher as a senior advisor gives me hope that this team continues to underachieve.

They play in a mausoleum in the ugliest part of New Jersey. I say that as a person who likes the state.

yuck. 

the last time they "won the offseason" they couldn't suck enough. I'm hoping for that to repeat. 

Josh Harris' group owns them. He's the horrible billionaire no one hates but should, a hedge-fund destroyer of businesses. 

Did I mention I hate them?

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

You make fine points and a lot of sense as always. however I have to point out...

The addition of Chuck Fletcher as a senior advisor gives me hope that this team continues to underachieve.

They play in a mausoleum in the ugliest part of New Jersey. I say that as a person who likes the state.

yuck. 

the last time they "won the offseason" they couldn't suck enough. I'm hoping for that to repeat. 

Josh Harris' group owns them. He's the horrible billionaire no one hates but should, a hedge-fund destroyer of businesses. 

Did I mention I hate them?

Never mind all that. What we all want to know is how you feel about Josh Harris.  I'm dying to know, and you've thus far been silent on the issue.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/27/2024 at 11:24 AM, FD19372 said:

Edmonton wins the Cup over Toronto

I’ve only now come off the floor after falling off my barstool.  (The mere thought of a possibility of the Leafs getting to the final was enough to induce a fainting spell.)

But I’m OK now; minor ER patch up and they sent me home straightaway. 🫡 

(If this prediction does happen, I be listenin’ to some Maple Leaf Radio next spring for all that rowdy fun.  :CelebratingSmiley2:)

• Haha 2
  • Good Post 1