HF.net 2024-25 League Season

hf101

Hey all, I'm planning to commit to running this league for next season with either 12 or 14 teams max.  There are a couple of managers that have expressed that they want to sit out this season.  I believe the league will continue to have full scoring categories, maybe with less IR spots, maybe take a look at roster size, and movement.

For some strange reason we lost the league history and I have to invite everyone.  Please state if you wish to be invited to play in season 2024-25.

Also please state any changes that interest you.

Thanks,

hf

I'm in !

I'm perfectly fine with the current format, roster size and spots. Maybe two comments/suggestions:

• Dropping the GWG category. It's more of a random stat because one goal counts for one goal, whether it's scored at the beginning of the game or at the end of it.
  • Maybe start the playoffs one week earlier: During the last week of activity, while being longer, teams tend to rest and sit players, which may cause to some bias.

I guess the plan is to send a Doodle to find the best tentative date for the draft. I know some managers play in other league and with the season start coming soon, spots are quickly filling.

Thanks !

• Like 1

I'm In

I like the current format but also agree with Meth to 

• Maybe start the playoffs one week earlier: During the last week of activity, while being longer, teams tend to rest and sit players, which may cause to some bias.

Also make any changes necessary to prevent Dave from winning again LOL.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• hf101 changed the title to HF.net 2024-25 League Season

Invites have been sent this morning.  Currently set as a 14 team league. 

Set the date for playoffs 1 week earlier, Added 1 Center position and removed 1 IR spot.  We can discuss for sure the changes.  Or any other changes we should make.

10 hours ago, Math said:

I'm wondering if Oct. 1st or 2nd (at any time) would be ok for most of you... 

I set the date of the draft to Oct 1 at 8PM EST.   If this is a conflict for anyone we can look for another time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, molonosoff said:

Sorry about not seeing the invite.  Last season the draft order was set.  Are we doing the same this year or will it be random?

I believe we will go back to random draft order with a snake draft.  Expecting the league to be 12 teams once Tony joins.