Michkov in Philly

I think this is great.

Slogans and ******** aside. 

This is easy to get excited about.

I really like that he's here now.

I think his "early arrival" will be helpful to him as far as figuring out life in a new country, and allowing him time to pal around with the Farabee crew with low stakes. It should ingratiate him to Torts, I like that he wanted to get on the ice. 
This may seem stupid but I like that he's wearing a Phillies cap, whether that was his idea or not, I like that he seems to care about how we think of him.

For me it projects the image that he wants to be here and he wants it to go well.

I don't care if he went to the Bryce Harper school of pandering, I don't think it's a bad thing to ingratiate oneself to their city, especially this one. Show us you care.

If the organizational results are similar to Harper's Phillies story, the love will come and it will be reciprocated x 1000 from the fans. FWIW I think Harper is down for this jawn now.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

allowing him time to pal around with the Farabee crew with low stakes.

Kegstand time show him how we do it in the states!!!!!!!!!

Keg Stand GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Frat boys unite!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Should have put an Eagles hat on him instead....

In time he will know. Season is almost upon us. Got to ease him in...

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't care if he went to the Bryce Harper school of pandering, I don't think it's a bad thing to ingratiate oneself to their city, especially this one. Show us you care.

I could give 2 shits if anyone thinks he is pandering....i'm impressed he is so smart and gets it. He wants to be loved and he is doing exactly what he should and he will be adorned for it. I feel like he understands and he too wants his place amongst us. And we know we will welcome him with open arms.

And then if he gets this club to winning and showing they are turning it around and are heading in the right direction he will quickly become a fan favorite!!!

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Kegstand time show him how we do it in the states!!!!!!!!!

Keg Stand GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Frat boys unite!!!!!!!!!

He's Russian, they drink vodka like water. 

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

He's Russian, they drink vodka like water. 

exactly why he needs a conversion.

American beer will quickly help him get his weight up and long as he is lifting.

but it must be done in moderation...IPAs will also require some time to enjoy.

In Philly topped off on Mind Eraser (our term in high school for Vodka) will not be a good combo.

We don't need him wandering into Kensington area learning to zombie walk...

:cheers:

Edited by OccamsRazor
fix boo boo

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

will quickly help him get his weight up

By looking at him, I'm not sure how much weight he needs to put on...maybe some muscle. But he's far from scrawny. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

By looking at him, I'm not sure how much weight he needs to put on...maybe some muscle. But he's far from scrawny. 

muscle is exactly what i'm talking about when i was 20 and lifting weights and eating so much protein yet still couldn't add size and muscle once i started hitting the beer more frequently i started adding weight to my frame my metabolism was so high it made it very hard.

Beer changed all of that and with that i mean disciplined drinking not driving cars and what not.

Still lifting still watching my macros making sure i hit my protein requirements and carbs to fat ratios yet getting them calories to be able to utilize all them calories the beer was the game changer.

There is a reason the A5 Wagyu beef is administered beer during their development stages. As a must to you must keep the fat intake low because we don't want him to be adding fat as well....just muscle.

Once you reach 24-25 no more need to add the beer to gain the weight so this must be then kept to a minimum by then.

I know easier said than done sure well he'll have to navigate this waters own his on then or best under stays how it all done by then.

2 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

How is his english ?

None existent from what i gather but that will change soon he is supposed to be taking some classes from what i read.

We'll see how that goes....it will help him chase the women....

1 hour ago, Brewin Flames said:

How is his English ?

It seems like he understands some. But he does not speak it.

The Flyers had a translator for him during the presser. 

The Flyers said they will provide a tutor for him. 

Interestingly Briere mentioned he didn't speak English when he was drafted and said the 'hockey talk" was helpful for him to get a grasp on the language.

Michkov said he wants to learn the language so he can interact with the team, press and fans.  

He seems pretty smart, he kept saying he wants play good hockey and win-- and that's catnip for this fanbase.

Edited by mojo1917

So someone kick me in the rear ...why do I torture myself and look at the numb nuts on FB.  I kid you not there are a handful of "Flyer" fans who want Michkov to start out with LHV in the AHL so he can "bulk" up.   Granted he could stand to gain a few pounds .... bot he and Bedard stand 5'10" but Bedard has 13 lbs on him....185 to 172.  He will do just fine.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 3:34 PM, CoachX said:

Can he hit .275 and play center field?

can he also play FS or LB?

Edited by flyerdog
  • Like 1