Five Big Questions for 2024-25: A Mid-Summer Take

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

The joke is the constant "Flyer way" that obviously doesn't work. The joke is that the team never goes anywhere anymore. Barely a playoff team. Barely misses the playoffs.

So, you know I know this...

That doesn't mean that EVERY thing the team does reinforces that.

Kolosov wants out not because the Flyers are a bad team, he wants out because he's never going to get an honest chance here.

There's an argument to be made that they screwed up with Kolosov, but only if we think that the third round pick could pan out to be a bona fide NHL goalie.

I get that they want him to familiarize himself with North American hockey, but $80K is peanuts for a pro hockey player. He signed a "$2.7M" contract that will pay him $240k over three years to "learn" and then MAYBE they will extend him IF he is still part of their plans, which he clearly wasn't.

I don't think Briere handled this well, but until Hart vanished they thought G was a spot they had locked down so Kolosov wasn't a priority.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, radoran said:

That doesn't mean that EVERY thing the team does reinforces that.

No, not everything....just most of it. 

There are THREE teams with longer cup droughts than the Flyers...thank God we're still doing things the same way...gotta get that record!

23 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

The timing for Kolosov is bad, especially after ya boy Haysee's- boy -William Gauthier ghosted the team.

the only and i mean only thing that bothers me about this whole sitrep about him is that he is suppose to be really really good (from hockey minds much much better than mine that i follow) and that sucks.

however if he isn't here then i ain't worried about it - it's like a former wife fine then fukoff and i just hope we can recoup anything for him ie another GM steps in and wants to persuade him to come over and start for them or at least backup immediately then flip the Flyers a 3rd or 4th so be it.

23 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Occam's razor man, and though he's one of my favorites here,  i'm not talking about our buddy in the Cackalac. 

thank ya kindly get to watch someone college football today it is turning to my favorite time of the year beating up on Old Dominion today

considering everything that is going on in the world right now at this current time

man do we have it good thanks to all the men and women that do what they do so we stay safe at home and can sit here and chat about a meaningless sports we love to enjoy when we have time

i am thankful for all my friends here because i have almost no one here to talk about hockey

i can count them on one hand and not use 2 fingers...love all you guys and gals here i forget sometimes i don't tell you all that too many here to name without forgetting one or two!!!

Cheers to the start of a beautiful day

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1