"Top" Remaining Free Agents On The Market - Summer of 2024

freeagents.jpg.486f76224c30b02505961e0e20b7dd07.jpg

Probably a short lived thread...certainly an ever evolving one....to talk about who is left on the FA market and who would fit best where....and who shouldn't ever, EVER, I mean... EEEEEEEVER get another NHL contract......... ag-ayyyynnnn (you Chris Jericho fans will get that last bit :bigteeth: ).

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

This from dailyfaceoff and AFPAnalytics.

remainingfreeagents.jpg.e691d02da8cedde10a797aaf8032beba.jpg

I would think defensemen Oliver Kylington and Tyson Barrie should find new homes, possibly on contenders pretty soon.

Forwards?
Rumors were the Bolts might seek a reunion (at a low cost of course) with Tyler Johnson....I wouldn't mind it. 
Mike Hoffman looks like he might still have something to offer a contender as a middle six winger.

Maybe Kevin Labanc? He certainly isn't the top sixer it seemed the Sharks were hoping he'd be.
But maybe just a solid bottom sixer? Does he have enough of that style of play to be in that kind of role?

What about Filip Zadina.... at 24 years old and still "on the pile"....is he a bust?

And I would just say NOOOOO to Tony DeAngelo, John Klingberg, and JVR at this point....

Oh no, Jakub Vrána!  Win a Cup at age 22 with the Caps, still only 28, and…and…and…none of the other kids have picked you yet!  So forlorn, just standing there, how times change… 😢 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Oh no, Jakub Vrána!  Win a Cup at age 22 with the Caps, still only 28, and…and…and…none of the other kids have picked you yet!  So forlorn, just standing there, how times change… 😢 

I think a combination of "can't stay healthy" to go along with a good dose of streakiness will do that to a guy...

43 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I think a combination of "can't stay healthy" to go along with a good dose of streakiness will do that to a guy...

No. No. No.

Vrana does not try, he is uncoachable, has talent but is easily the laziest player in the game today. Period. He will go float around next year in the KHL.

Slim Pickens but some somewhat useful players

Barabanov can score a bit, 3rd liner may go to Europe.

Cousins an excellent 4th line in your face center 

Hoffman. I guess 

Tyler Johnson 3rd liner.

Kylington tons of potential surprised he is still out there

Lankinen a useful spare goalie

Kubalik 3rd liner, 15ish goals

Pacioretty if you are desperate 

Really, lots of JVR, Staal, clutterbuck, Martin Jones, okposo, shattenkirk none are really NHL material but all could stumble into one more year on a very bad team but most won't be back.

My top 3

Cousins

Kylington

Tyler Johnson.

In that order

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

This from dailyfaceoff and AFPAnalytics.

remainingfreeagents.jpg.e691d02da8cedde10a797aaf8032beba.jpg

I would think defensemen Oliver Kylington and Tyson Barrie should find new homes, possibly on contenders pretty soon.

Forwards?
Rumors were the Bolts might seek a reunion (at a low cost of course) with Tyler Johnson....I wouldn't mind it. 
Mike Hoffman looks like he might still have something to offer a contender as a middle six winger.

Maybe Kevin Labanc? He certainly isn't the top sixer it seemed the Sharks were hoping he'd be.
But maybe just a solid bottom sixer? Does he have enough of that style of play to be in that kind of role?

What about Filip Zadina.... at 24 years old and still "on the pile"....is he a bust?

And I would just say NOOOOO to Tony DeAngelo, John Klingberg, and JVR at this point....

I love Oliver Kylington. Such a smooth fast skater. if he were a Right hand shot, i would be all over that.

Klingberg, Barrie and DeAngelo are all Right hand shots, but nobody wants them for good reason. they are no longer good players and in most cases, make you worse.

Schultz im surprised didn't get a 2 year deal with the sharks yet lol

Zadina is a bust. Even when he was a moose, i was like "yeah he's good, but doesn't blow me away" and i wasn't high on him.

Labanc sucks. He's a top 6 or bust guy, and sucks defensively and puts in minimal effort.

Edited by J0e Th0rnton
  • Like 1