Flyers are in Retool Mode, Not a Rebuild

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

TALK

Unconventional Trade Could Bring Flyers Desired No. 1 Center

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2024/07/11/philadelphia-flyers-trade-robert-thomas-st-louis-blues/

This desperate just like what the Flyers would do to fit their "retool" not rebuild.

Thoughts on this anyone?

Unconventional in the Flyers case would mean "smartly" so, I'm all for it. 🫣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

TALK

Unconventional Trade Could Bring Flyers Desired No. 1 Center

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2024/07/11/philadelphia-flyers-trade-robert-thomas-st-louis-blues/

This desperate just like what the Flyers would do to fit their "retool" not rebuild.

Thoughts on this anyone?

Trading all those assets for one very good, but not great centre would certainly help get the Flyers back into the playoffs, but wouldn't make them a contender.

So ya, I could see them doing it. This has Flyer move written all over it. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Trading all those assets for one very good, but not great centre would certainly help get the Flyers back into the playoffs, but wouldn't make them a contender.

So ya, I could see them doing it. This has Flyer move written all over it. 

Yes this is a desperation move and would certainly show it is a retool not a rebuild.

They just want to be good for one time vs trying to be great for many years.

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes this is a desperation move and would certainly show it is a retool not a rebuild.

By all accounts, it's one guy speculating on a random site on the internet, from the Flyers' perspective about how the Blues really want to make a run now that they've canned Kevin Hayes.

In other news, I read that Scott Laughton might be on his way out - @CoachX said it.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

By all accounts, it's one guy speculating on a random site on the internet, from the Flyers' perspective about how the Blues really want to make a run now that they've canned Kevin Hayes.

In other news, I read that Scott Laughton might be on his way out - @CoachX said it.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Just getting rid of Hayes should get them there. 😆

On 7/10/2024 at 8:30 PM, FD19372 said:

I think a lot of those so-called Facebook fans, are fake, like AI-generated bots or something. No one that's a fan with any interest in them winning a Cup anytime soon, should be happy with this middling crap, they try to pull. 

Well FD19372, the running joke back in the 80's when Harold Ballard owned the Leafs is he could put 20 monkeys with Leafs uniforms on them and the place would still sell out. A good part of the Leafs fan base are delusional but they are definitely committed to the team!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Well FD19372, the running joke back in the 80's when Harold Ballard owned the Leafs is he could put 20 monkeys with Leafs uniforms on them and the place would still sell out. A good part of the Leafs fan base are delusional but they are definitely committed to the team!

Interesting. I wonder why the Flyers have chosen jackasses instead of monkeys?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CoachX said:

Interesting. I wonder why the Flyers have chosen jackasses instead of monkeys?

Did you see what the monkeys did to that poor football?

:hocky:

• Good Post 1

21 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Less poo flinging?

No. The answer is, less banana peels in the front office for the dumb, deaf and blind Old Guard front office puppeteers, to slip on.

#ObeyYourMaster

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

No. The answer is, less banana peels in the front office for the dumb, deaf and blind Old Guard front office puppeteers, to slip on.

#ObeyYourMaster

🙈🍌👴

• Haha 2