Oilers trade Ryan McLeod to BUF for Matthew Savoie

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

(I still think Flyers should have at least kicked tires with Laughton, but even if they did we'd never know.   It may have been a little more work because the numbers don't work quite as nicely)

Yeah; for all we know, the Flyers tried. The Sabres would probably always have leaned towards McLeod, anyway. He's five years younger and has consistently been one of the four of five fastest players in the NHL, and teams are always trying to get quicker. Laughton has a decent first step, but McLeod is a rocket ship.

Speed. You can’t teach it, it doesn’t go into slumps, and it's useful on offense and defense.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

On 7/5/2024 at 11:26 PM, ruxpin said:

Yeah those are McLeod's numbers i wrote, but I was trying to make a case the Flyers should have at least been in on Savoie.

Nevermind. Lol   I'm sleep deprived. I'm going to bed.   

(I still think Flyers should have at least kicked tires with Laughton, but even if they did we'd never know.   It may have been a little more work because the numbers don't work quite as nicely)

I get it, Flyers didn't have the kind of young, fast bottom six center the Sabres were looking for. How about cutting out the Oilers, dangle the Edm or Colorado 1st rd pick and make a 3 way trade with one of the remaining 29 teams? Solving the 1st line conundrum was a 3 way trade away...I just hope this avenue was explored!

• Like 1