Decentralized Draft. What Do You Think?

Should the NHL move to a Decentralized Draft like the NFL?  

1. 1. Should the NHL move to a Decentralized Draft like the NFL?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Posted (edited)

What are your views on the move by the NHL to decentralize the draft from 2025?

If there already is a thread (couldn't find it) then please let me know.

For me I think it's a real shame if they are going to copy what the NFL does. Take the charm out of it. I understand the needs from the teams to operate in secrecy, but I love how the NHL draft has been

Everyone together in one place, the drama with seeing Briere on the phone, people moving around to talk. It's the ultimate behind the scenes for us fans. Also it's nice that newly drafted prospects gets to stand on stage and be welcomed by the main people of their new franchise. We would also lose out on the bloopers (Clarke drafting Giroux, price epic failing in saying Reinbacher etc...).

Pros/cons?

Edited by pilldoc

1 hour ago, ctid said:

What are your views on the move by the NHL to decentralize the draft from 2025?

If there already is a thread (couldn't find it) then please let me know.

For me I think it's a real shame if they are going to copy what the NFL does. Take the charm out of it. I understand the needs from the teams to operate in secrecy, but I love how the NHL draft has been

Everyone together in one place, the drama with seeing Briere on the phone, people moving around to talk. It's the ultimate behind the scenes for us fans. Also it's nice that newly drafted prospects gets to stand on stage and be welcomed by the main people of their new franchise. We would also lose out on the bloopers (Clarke drafting Giroux, price epic failing in saying Reinbacher etc...).

Pros/cons?

It sucks for fans of teams like the Flyers that have only the draft to cheer for (and equally get let down there).  For fans of actual NHL teams, probably not a big deal.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

It sucks for fans of teams like the Flyers that have only the draft to cheer for

Is that so??? So when are we going to have this draft to cheer for?? Haven't we waited long enough???

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is that so??? So when are we going to have this draft to cheer for?? Haven't we waited long enough???

Fair. 

a) It wouldn't bother me.

b) It's always kind of funny just how many non-Flyers threads end up in the Flyers section.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

a) It wouldn't bother me.

b) It's always kind of funny just how many non-Flyers threads end up in the Flyers section.

It's kind of amazing when anything hockey-related ends up in the flyers section 

• Haha 3

I thought there was a thread already, pretty sure i brought the topic up a while ago...

Look at this year's gala...not only did they try not to decentralize, they went out of the way to make it a huge spectacle.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

I thought there was a thread already, pretty sure i brought the topic up a while ago...

Look at this year's gala...not only did they try not to decentralize, they went out of the way to make it a huge spectacle.

I must have missed/forgot it. We'll just move it over to that thread then.

And yeah, I keep forgetting there are other non Flyers related threads. Sorry guys.

Edited by ctid

The one kid almost fell on his face going up the stairs to the stage...think it was the NYR pick Laurenteau. I would miss that kinda stuff. 

• pilldoc changed the title to Decentralized Draft. What Do You Think?