Wild sign Yakov Trenin, C, 4yr/$14M ($3.5M AAV)

22 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

At least according to Puckpedia, Trenin doesn't have any sort of NTC/NMC...so there's that. 🤪

Until he says the magic words, "he likes it here", and Guerin just tosses it onto the last two years of his deal.  

9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Until he says the magic words, "he likes it here", and Guerin just tosses it onto the last two years of his deal.  

Well, lucky for us Guerin can’t do that. Once the contract is signed neither side can change it. 

I’m not mad about the signing, I just think four years for a fourth liner is two years too long. But without the NTC/NMC at least there is the possibility of moving him out after two seasons…

On 7/14/2024 at 7:27 PM, IllaZilla said:

Well, lucky for us Guerin can’t do that. Once the contract is signed neither side can change it. 

I’m not mad about the signing, I just think four years for a fourth liner is two years too long. But without the NTC/NMC at least there is the possibility of moving him out after two seasons…

I'm not so sure about that.  I had heard when Foligno had agreed to his extension, his contract was amended so the last part of it included a full NTC.  But then again I may be wrong.  

I agree...4 years is crazy for a 4th line guy signed as a free agent.  I'd be fine with it if it was a 2-year deal like Kevin Stenlund got in Utah.  And Stenlund also only took $2 million which to me is a more appropriate $$$ point for a 4th liner IMO.  

I think Yakov Trenin will have a different role here. Enough for him to stay in a 4th line as he played in Nashville and Colorado. At least he will play in a 3rd line together with Khusnutdinov. It could be an interesting trio with Hartman in the middle. Gaudreau is a real candidate for the 4th line, but it would be better somehow to trade him to Columbus, where Evason is a head coach now. Actually, we will play our 1st home opener game of the season 2024-2025 against the Blue Jackets on Thursday, October, 10, 2024.

• 3 weeks later...

An hour ago was published a very nice article by Kalisha Turnipseed by analyzing a possible Trenin's fits into a Wild different offensive lines. It sounds he could play a big role in a Wild's playoffs contending for a long waiting more successful result. Hope, that will happen soon:

https://hockeywilderness.com/news-rumors/minnesota-wild/yakov-trenins-defensive-prowess-can-make-the-wild-more-consistent-r30180/