Philadelphia Flyers offseason 2024

No wonder why Kolosov didn't want to come back. Could you picture being a young goalie and being stuck behind Crap Bag Peterson in Lehigh Valley because the narrative is veterans need to play because they set the tone? Goodness, they should have bought him out when they had the chance.

19 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

No wonder why Kolosov didn't want to come back. Could you picture being a young goalie and being stuck behind Crap Bag Peterson in Lehigh Valley because the narrative is veterans need to play because they set the tone? Goodness, they should have bought him out when they had the chance.

I think Kolosov would be given every opportunity to win the job.  

He didn't want to take it.

There is no illusion about Peterson's lack of NHL upside. I think if AK was watching Cal Peterson he should have been thinking "this job is mine".

The veterans set the tone - who is saying that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think Kolosov would be given every opportunity to win the job.  

He didn't want to take it.

There is no illusion about Peterson's lack of NHL upside. I think if AK was watching Cal Peterson he should have been thinking "this job is mine".

The veterans set the tone - who is saying that?

Take a look at everything this franchise says and does. Veterans are consistently rewarded with starting play and opportunity over younger players. I believe it was both Laperriere and Briere that said they owe it to the veterans to play them a lot because they carry the team's message. I'll look it up, but I'm certain it was them that said it. Even Tortorella said they owe it to the veterans to play them because they've been through everything.

19 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

they found their next victim he just turned 25 who knows if he can be anything more than a NHL backup even

Bjarnasen will be a Phantoms next season for sure so yeah it will shored up soon.

14 cuts Jett still around.

https://flyersnittygritty.com/flyers-cut-day-flyers-trim-roster-by-14-jett-luchanko-makes-it-through-the-first-round-of-cuts/

i hope i can catch tomorrow night's game

:flyer:

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Hopefully, this kid won't be too 'EE-tu brut-al' in net  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

His numbers have never been bad and he's played on TERRIBLE teams. His problem has always been his health. And he's going to a franchise that doesn't have a good track record in dealing with injuries. This has fingers crossed all over it.

10 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

His numbers have never been bad and he's played on TERRIBLE teams.

He has 54 AHL, 3 ECHL, and 2 NHL games in three seasons.

His AHL numbers are not lovely.

Essentially he's the Sharks' Alexei Kolosov, so he's got that going for him - former "top goalie prospect" who hasn't been very good.

And this is coming from someone who really likes Finnish goalies...

25 minutes ago, radoran said:

He has 54 AHL, 3 ECHL, and 2 NHL games in three seasons.

His AHL numbers are not lovely.

Essentially he's the Sharks' Alexei Kolosov, so he's got that going for him - former "top goalie prospect" who hasn't been very good.

And this is coming from someone who really likes Finnish goalies...

All terrible teams he played on. That context has to be considered. It's the injury history that concerns me.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

All terrible teams he played on. That context has to be considered. It's the injury history that concerns me.

Honestly, it's the "not being able to play more than 20 games a year in three seasons for terrible teams" that concerns me.

He put up his best numbers in his 2 NHL games, actually...

:hocky:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Au contraire mon amis, goaltending could be our yellow brick road to the draft lottery. Suck goalies, suck!!

then Petersen should be playing every game he can then if that is the only goal...

...but every player on this roster will have to lay on a coach and talk to a professional at seasons end...

On 9/14/2024 at 12:52 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

You know who else had a quietly good game last night? Spencer Gill. I know he had a couple of points, but he looked so smooth and calm out there. He made smart plays and didn't let anything fluster him. If he adds a few more pounds and continues down a good development path, he could be something really good. That's a guy that Brad Shaw could do a lot of good things with.

Gill inked to a ELC....good new eh?  

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/philadelphia-flyers/latest-news/flyers-sign-interesting-prospect-to-entry-level-deal

Edited by Cheesesteak
added an L to Gil
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

I like it. I'm a Spencer Gill fan. A bigger defenseman who can skate well already, has shutdown capability and has good offensive chops? Plus, he was one of the few that Tortorella singled out and was impressed by. 

People forget that he's only 189 pounds and he just turned 18 a little over a month ago. Give him two years and when he fills out, he's going to get something special. This is a guy that Brad Shaw will really be instrumental in his development. I'm hoping that by the time Gill is ready, Shaw will be the next head coach. I like Shaw. He's got a knack for developing defensemen. 

Yeah, the more the 2024 draft plays out, the more it looks like the Flyers actually had a very solid draft. 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2024 at 4:09 PM, OccamsRazor said:

they found their next victim he just turned 25 who knows if he can be anything more than a NHL backup even

Bjarnasen will be a Phantoms next season for sure so yeah it will shored up soon.

Jesus, why don't they just order Door Dash and sign whatever random driver that shows up?

• Haha 1

I honestly think this should be the approach with a lot of the prospects let them be them and not overlaod them with all this extra duty till they've shown they are ready for it and stop expecting them to be perfect while learning on the job.

Give them room to breathe and grow into what they will be don't force them into something they're not.

• Like 1