Philadelphia Flyers offseason 2024

One of the media guys reported Emil Andrae bulked up over the summer - should have a good shot at making the team this fall.

I took a fresh look at the names on D today ... once you get past York/Sanheim (and Seeler) it's all basically ???

York/Sanheim

Seeler, Drysdale

Eric Johnson as a 7th ....

Ristolainen... is he playing for the Flyers this year?

After that it's prospects and AHL guys

Maybe Hunter McDonald has what it takes, if not this year then next season. The Flyers need his heaviness and aggression. He might be the only Flyers' D-man with any snarl ... unless maybe Oliver Bonk I don't know his game at all. Attard, Ginning, Zamula are decent skaters, puck-movers but none are porch-clearing types.

2 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

One of the media guys reported Emil Andrae bulked up over the summer - should have a good shot at making the team this fall.

I took a fresh look at the names on D today ... once you get past York/Sanheim (and Seeler) it's all basically ???

York/Sanheim

Seeler, Drysdale

Eric Johnson as a 7th ....

Ristolainen... is he playing for the Flyers this year?

After that it's prospects and AHL guys

Maybe Hunter McDonald has what it takes, if not this year then next season. The Flyers need his heaviness and aggression. He might be the only Flyers' D-man with any snarl ... unless maybe Oliver Bonk I don't know his game at all. Attard, Ginning, Zamula are decent skaters, puck-movers but none are porch-clearing types.

Michkov era is off to a good start!

:flyer:

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Tuomaala also had a great game last night. He was absolutely flying out there last night and his wrist shot is lethal. I hope he gets a chance in Philadelphia, but I think he's going to be a trade candidate.

This right here is exactly what they are missing Rizzo gets the goal sure but the Flyers need D men who can get quick shots through traffic on the goalie so they can get to the rebounds.

Bonk brings exaclty what i am talking gets it through and Rizzo is their to take out the trash.

Was killing them to not be able to get shots through must less on target always high ans wide.

This will do wonders for the offense and the struggling power play.

Hope Bonk makes it hard for them to send him back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I hope he gets a chance in Philadelphia, but I think he's going to be a trade candidate.

Unless it's an over pay this would be a bad move to move a prospect now that he is finally got his game where it needs to be.

But if it is a nice return and/or for a piece they need back then i understand.

Whatever is best for the Flyers.

You know who else had a quietly good game last night? Spencer Gill. I know he had a couple of points, but he looked so smooth and calm out there. He made smart plays and didn't let anything fluster him. If he adds a few more pounds and continues down a good development path, he could be something really good. That's a guy that Brad Shaw could do a lot of good things with.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

He was a big swing pick, no?

Might bust or top out as an AHL player but, he’s got some skills and attributes that could make him a top 4 player. 

Gill? No. He was a second round pick this past year who actually had first round grades. He just slipped for no apparent reason. He was a really good draft and trade acquisition (the Flyers traded up with Nashville to get him).

• Like 3

14 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Gill? No. He was a second round pick this past year who actually had first round grades. He just slipped for no apparent reason. He was a really good draft and trade acquisition (the Flyers traded up with Nashville to get him).

Plays a good all around game...6'4" is a nice size, especially when we have so many not so big guys on the backend. He'll have to fill out of course, but not a bad pick at all.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Plays a good all around game...6'4" is a nice size, especially when we have so many not so big guys on the backend. He'll have to fill out of course, but not a bad pick at all.

Also a bonus that he's a right handed defenseman. I agree that he'll need to fill out. 210 to 220 should be his ideal weight range.

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

What about Hunter McDonald? 

I can’t remember who I heard talking him up not for this season but maybe next?

Too me he is the perfect fit to play along Drysdale he can help erase his mistake very sound positioning and brings that thump around the crease when needed when defending.

16 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Another look - Michkov celebrating with a heavy slap/bang on the glass ...

Michkov 1st goal in the O&B

These guys are building chemistry every time they skate!!!

the look good with Desnoyers too who's brother is going to be a very good prospect in the next draft.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Too me he is the perfect fit to play along Drysdale he can help erase his mistake very sound positioning and brings that thump around the crease when needed when defending.

You could also say the same for Adam Ginning. He's similar to McDonald and they're going to need to do something with him. 

• Like 1