Philadelphia Flyers offseason 2024

And Chicago has Bedard/Moore/Levshunov/Korchinski/Nazar/Boisvert. 

As for Flyer fans not putting up with a bad team for so long, San Jose has ended up AHEAD of the Flyers more times than vice versa over the last decade, and Chicago of course has won 3 cups in this millenia.

But then, we have slogans...New Era of Orange!...Vengeance!....Eternally Mediocre!

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

And Chicago has Bedard/Moore/Levshunov/Korchinski/Nazar/Boisvert. 

As for Flyer fans not putting up with a bad team for so long, San Jose has ended up AHEAD of the Flyers more times than vice versa over the last decade, and Chicago of course has won 3 cups in this millenia.

But then, we have slogans...New Era of Orange!...Vengeance!....Eternally Mediocre!

You are absolutely right. There are a bunch of teams like NJ,SJ, Chicago and Anaheim who were as bad or worse than us over the years that are now loaded with high end prospects, while we have only one . We have been "rebuilding/retooling" since 2011 and we haven't made much progress. No first or second line center, no #1 offensive or defensive standout defenseman and questionable goaltending. 

• Like 3

Yeah, I would like to know where the people who do not want a rebuild because "the Flyers could get stuck in years of losing" have been for the last 15 years.

These teams have been better than us for most of the last 15 years and will likely be better than us again very soon.

The difference:  when their cycle had run its course, they planned for the future, sold off the old assets to maximize a return and built what they think is a new foundation.  No talk of competing during a rebuild.  No fake Flyers machismo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

I would like to know where the people who do not want a rebuild because "the Flyers could get stuck in years of losing" have been for the last 15 years.

They've been watching their MVP Hall of Fame Captain.

The delusion is strong.

:hocky:

16 minutes ago, radoran said:

They've been watching their MVP Hall of Fame Captain.

The delusion is strong.

:hocky:

Don't forget the greatest building block the Flyers have ever had....Haysee....we had Haysee to help us forget how lame this franchise has become. Or at the very least be the face of How being a lazyass can make you rich and the face of a franchise...at least until common sense prevails and you get kicked off yet another team.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

huh-what.gif

😵‍💫

HA! lol, I know, longshot....Ruxpin "mispronounced" patently and patiently.  I was just adding another "famous" mispronunciation...can't all be winners  🤪

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheesesteak said:

HA! lol, I know, longshot....Ruxpin "mispronounced" patently and patiently.  I was just adding another "famous" mispronunciation...can't all be winners  🤪

It you can convince those who still refuse to see the patiently obvious on this subject

Man, I cannot believe I did that.  I don't mispronounce or misspell the two, but in my defence, I had and still have a weird virus going on that I'm really a bit cognitively impaired.  Since last Tuesday.  I've probably done others, but there's at least two other occasions I've meant one and typed the other -- probably some I haven't caught.  At least I didn't say "haven't cot."

Edited by ruxpin
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Man, I cannot believe I did that.  I don't mispronounce or misspell the two, but in my defence, I had and still have a weird virus going on that I'm really a bit cognitively impaired.  Since last Tuesday.  I've probably done others, but there's at least two other occasions I've meant one and typed the other -- probably some I haven't caught.  At least I didn't say "haven't cot."

I'm surprised you didn't accidently sign on as radoran! 😉

• Haha 1

On 8/25/2024 at 11:43 PM, radoran said:

Would you like to be San Jose right now?

Sure they have more hot prospects than they Flyers. Lots of teams do. But there's not many "can't-miss" prospects and the Flyers have one of them.

And even though none of them have won anything in the NHL, and even knowing how few "can't miss" guys there are in any draft, when it comes to other teams' picks it's always, "SEE? They got their #1 this their #1 that."

The Flyers need more high-end talent but maybe not so much. The one spot that's a total blank right now is top-line center. The rest is, or at least could be ... coming along. 

Edited by GratefulFlyers

Still all up in the air...??????

I even seen it mentioned i forget by who saying they should just keep 3 goalies on the roster just to make this kid happy.

Thoughts on 3 goalies?? Anyone.

On 8/28/2024 at 5:00 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

If broberg can get a 4.5 million dollar offer sheet, Swayman's agent's fax machine must sound like an 80s pinball machine right now.

I guess he's holding out on the bruins

my favorite.   the ma-MUSH-Ka!

443_addams-family-pinball.jpg

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1