2024 Free Agency time!

Posted (edited)

Sharks current need are Right handed D, which almost none are available!

Almost anything is an improvement on our Right D side. Currently rocking Jan Rutta, Vlasic playing his off side and Matthew Benning or Ty Emberson lol

We have NOBODY who can play on the PP.

Stay away from Barrie, DeAngelo or Klingberg Grier!

Justin Schultz maybe?

Matt Roy?

And some guys we can get on 1 year deals to flip for picks at the trade deadline. I hear Duclair wants to come back lol

GRIBGNCaYAAsDTB.jpg

Edited by J0e Th0rnton

Just now, J0e Th0rnton said:

Sharks sign Tyler Toffoli. 4 years at $6mil a year

I like it. nothing long term. We need goal scorers as most of our players are playmakers, not finishers

Yeah, same here. I think that people wildly under-value the presence of having some actual grown men on the roster during a rebuild.

• Like 2

Just now, JR Ewing said:

Yeah, same here. I think that people wildly under-value the presence of having some actual grown men on the roster during a rebuild.

Granlund, Will Smith and Eklund are both playmakers first. having a good old goalscorer will be beneficial.

I still want us to lose and get a high pick 2025, but I don't want the kids coming in and getting caved in every game like last season. it was historically bad.

Stamkos and Marchessault to the preds im hearing.

4x8mil for Stammer. 5x5.5 mil for marchy

AND Brady Skjei.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't know the contract terms, but I really like the player and the needs he addresses.

---edit---

Pierre LeBrun brought the terms: $4M x 2 years. That's more than palatable for a badger who can skate and score goals. Leon finally gets a scoring winger.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

holy crap. I know the cap went up, but they gave Skjei 7x7million

It's like Preds management woke up and smoked about a kilo of crack.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I don't know the contract terms, but I really like the player and the needs he addresses.

---edit---

Pierre LeBrun brought the terms: $4M x 2 years. That's more than palatable for a badger who can skate and score goals.

that's actually sweet term and dollar value.

that's actually sweet term and dollar value.

He gets to put $8M in his pocket and not lose to the Oilers in the playoffs for the fourth year in a row.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I want Justin Schultz. 1 or 2 year deal.

that or for this Trouba waivers thing to be real. Sharks would claim so fast LOL

i want to avoid Barrie, Klingberg and DeAngelo at all cost.

Edited by J0e Th0rnton

36 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Of course...you just don't want them signed til they're 40 while being grossly overpaid.

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

Of course...you just don't want them signed til they're 40 while being grossly overpaid.

Right. They need to be signed to reasonable contracts, which should be the goal no matter the age of the player.

So with the Vancouver and Boston signings, the teams essentially traded Elias Lindholm and Nikita Zadora to Boston...
For Danton Heinen and Jake DeBrusk to the Canucks.

Right off the top of my head reaction is... Boston wins that "trade", although if Jake DeBrusk can fully get his orca out of his butt, he may have a much higher ceiling than any of those players.

Posted (edited)

That Arvidsson signing could go either way, @JR Ewing

On the one hand, Arvy is a very good performer....when healthy....and, earlier on in his career, I even compared him as being the Swedish Nikita Kucherov.
Of course, Arvy isn't quite that, but still...

On the other hand...injuries have been his nemesis the last couple seasons, and his defensive game isn't exactly something you would showcase to young upcoming two way forwards.

I would be rooting for Arvy though.
Was hoping some time ago that either the Wild or Lightning could somehow get ahold of him....before the parade of injuries that is.

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

As for Stammer in Nashville.... I think imma gonna be sick for awhile.
Really thought he could retire a Bolt for life.

I will get over it.... after seeing past heroes of mine leave the team and do well elsewhere, one kinda gets a bit numb to that sort of thing, but still...
The ONLY real way this becomes truly disgusting is if the Predators, either this coming season or next, fall out of contention, decide to do a full on rebuild, and Stamkos gets traded to somewhere like Boston, Toronto, or Florida, where he will likely torch his former love, the Tampa Bay Lightning.

• Sad 1

Toffoli will probably not be worth $6M in that last year, but we’ll have guys like Musty, Halttunen, Chernyshov, etc. pushing for top-6 spots by that point on ELCs so Toffoli at $6M in a third line role won’t be a problem.

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

That Arvidsson signing could go either way, @JR Ewing

On the other hand...injuries have been his nemesis the last couple seasons,

That's why he's only costing $4M/yr. This is a decent gamble, imo.

and his defensive game isn't exactly something you would showcase to young upcoming two way forwards.

Viktor Arvidsson doesn't get the least bit sheltered by his coaches, spending most of his time playing against the opposition's best players, but look at what happens he's on the ice:

image.png

When a guy plays tough comp, and scoring chances against, dangerous chances against and the goals against go down, you're not talking about a bad defensive player, even if too many people conflate hitting with defense. Usually, it just means the other team has the puck too damned often.