NHL Draft: Round #1 (12th Overall) Flyers select Jett Luchanko, C, Guelph Storm (OHL)

Do you like the pick?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Simple Question: Do you like the pick?

• A resounding YES
    • Meh - Its OK
    • A resounding NO
    • To early to tell

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just pisses me off. WTF are the Flyers even doing??????

They are kicking the can down the road, as usual..with the mantra. "We're getting better, I just know it". "We're going to contend for a Cup" What they really mean is, they'll be ready to contend for a Cup in 2035. 

Edited by FD19372
  • Uggh... 1

3 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Overachieving cost us

This right here.

Not tearing it down and moving assets cost this club big time.

And well here they are....

• Like 1

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

This right here.

The thing is they lucked out and were given a gift and says "nah, we good."

Stupid AF.

This isn't even about the kid they got. Seems like a good kid. But asinine asset management and the "in a tie..." crap ticks me right the hell off.

It wasn't a tie! Not even close!

• Good Post 1

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This right here.

Not drafting all that well nor developing players has cost them big time, also. So has never having enough caproom, to improve the team, year after year. From Nolan Patrick to this kid Luchanko. If he turns out to be a star, I will be man enough to apologize right on this forum.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

"up 5-3, Danny Briere was asked why the Flyers pulled their goalie. 'Well,' he said with no hint of sarcasm or humor, 'in a case of a tie ...'

• Uggh... 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Interesting strategy: base all your scouting on a 4-game sample. Certainly efficient and cost effective, just need one scout!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

That's pretending this should have been a tie. 

I mean, draft the defenseman and decide who to move later. Or by then, Drysdale will be LTIR.

OR trade back. I haven't seen an explanation for that yet, but I'm not exactly expecting one.

In Danny's press conference, he said the options to trade back took them out of Luchenkos range, so they took the Wild deal. That 3rd was used to move up to take Romuski C Gil Spencer. 

59 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

They are kicking the can down the road, as usual..with the mantra. "We're getting better, I just know it". "We're going to contend for a Cup" What they really mean is, they'll be ready to contend for a Cup in 2035. 

By then I can attend the parade in a motorized scooter or wheelchair wheelchair.

11 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Theres no disputing he's a good player. Last night when Philly picked him a good buddy of mine who I've gone to hundreds of Colts games with, until he moved to Cambridge last year and is now a Guelph Storm STH, texted me and said we got a good one. Which is all fine and dandy.

The problem is, we need great ones. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

45 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

The other thing is, we didn’t trade Laughton or TK. 

That's probably a thing best saved for Monday. See who are going to be missing out on guys and then slide in and start making deals. I fully expect Carolina will be all in on Konecny. Could probably work out a real good deal there. Same with Laughton and Buffalo (there's just too much smoke around Krebs and Laughton for this to not go down).

26 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

That's probably a thing best saved for Monday. See who are going to be missing out on guys and then slide in and start making deals. I fully expect Carolina will be all in on Konecny. Could probably work out a real good deal there. Same with Laughton and Buffalo (there's just too much smoke around Krebs and Laughton for this to not go down).

That smoke is coming from the pseudo brains in the hockey office thinking about their next assinine move.

Who is coming back from Buffalo and Carolina that have core injuries and NMC contracts?

Just 1 piece away.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

By then I can attend the parade in a motorized scooter or wheelchair wheelchair.

Surely one or some of you youngsters on this board can just whip up an A.I. cup win for the Flyers and roll it out in 10 years when the dementia has firmly taken hold on us old guys who were there in '74. I fear that is the only way to the promised land for the O&B. Then we can all attend the virtual parade in our dress diapers.

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Agree. So they leave a top defenseman who they were lucky as hell to have drop to them on the table.  It's mind numbing.

A lot of teams skipped Buium. 

If he wasn't their guy, why make the pick?

His skill set is redundant to a 3 guys already in the system.

I do wonder if the Flyers are going to leave the USDT guys alone for a few years after Gauthier?

Maybe he poisoned the well or maybe they're brats, especially the top guys.

I don't know.  Pick Buium and trade him? 

We'll know in 4 years if they blew it.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Just pisses me off. WTF are the Flyers even doing??????

I just thought of a theory....having received a LOT of interest from other teams and knowing a trade would soon come, they drafted a replacement for Laughton.  :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Haha 2
  • Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

according to that movie WAL-E, we'll all be in those floating scooters by then  ♿

• Like 1