NHL Draft: Round #1 (12th Overall) Flyers select Jett Luchanko, C, Guelph Storm (OHL)

Do you like the pick?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Simple Question: Do you like the pick?

• A resounding YES
    • Meh - Its OK
    • A resounding NO
    • To early to tell

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

In no way do I want to rush players, never have.

Not talking about "rushing" them, talking about timing their contracts.

Having a Buium/Helenius playing next year and starting his ELC honestly does nothing to move the needle. Having a potential #2C be available in two years and just starting his ELC has value in a rebuilding context.

We won't know what the "right" answer was for 3-5 years, barring Helenius being an Aho or Buium suddenly emerging as Heiskanen.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

WTF is a Luchadore? 😁

image.jpeg

I am told, reliably, that this is not, believe it or not, Scott Laughton.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, radoran said:

But do the Flyers need or want "NHL ready" players rightnow? I don't think you they do.

I don't think they to do because then you get into trouble drafting a guy because his floor is higher now and you want the kids with the higher ceilings (IMHO) do it the other way ie drafting for need and you're asking for trouble.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, radoran said:

Having a Buium/Helenius playing next year and starting his ELC honestly does nothing to move the needle. Having a potential #2C be available in two years and just starting his ELC has value in a rebuilding context.

We won't know what the "right" answer was for 3-5 years, barring Helenius being an Aho or Buium suddenly emerging as Heiskanen.

image.jpeg

I am told, reliably, that this is not, believe it or not, Scott Laughton.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Jason Kelce pulls it off better.

Elijah-Smith-and-Jason-Kelce-copy.thumb.webp.441bf06729f32760ee1cb989ba894964.webp

• Like 2

20 hours ago, radoran said:

For sure...I just want the best player once all is said and done. I don't care if it takes years to get there (I had zero issue with drafting Michkov even though a lot of people didn't want to wait for him to come over...for one he was better than almost anyone else in the draft, and second, it would have taken anyone else that long just to make it into the NHL)

If we're rebuilding (lol) there shouldn't be any rush. I'm a patient guy, am all for a total rebuild, which could take years and years and years. Doing it half assed takes forever, because you're never going to win doing it the Flyers way. 50 years later....

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

For sure...I just want the best player once all is said and done.

But it's also the right best players. JVR was the "best UFA available" after Tavares, and the correct answer was to sign neither of them.

Buium and Helenius may be better than Luchadore rightnow but who knows where the kid will be after a couple more years of development?

It's making the rightnow moves that have really hurt the Flyers, because as we all know, they're perpetually really only a move away from true competition.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, radoran said:

Buium and Helenius may be better than Luchadore rightnow but who knows where the kid will be after a couple more years of development?

Exactly he barely made this draft.

I just want Cup if it ain't Cup it don't matter.

As the old saying goes 2nd place is just the first loser.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Exactly he barely made this draft.

I just want Cup if it ain't Cup it don't matter.

As the old saying goes 2nd place is just the first loser.

The Creepiest Thing About You, Based On Your Birth Order

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1