2024 NHL Draft: Live Draft Thread Discussion

Day 2 begins soon and I'm just as invested today.

I'd like to see the sharks fill up some RHD spots now, preferably defense first Dmen.

EJ Emery going 30th last night made me go "awwww", but I quickly poured another drink and started looking at the list of D left.

I have a wicked hangover today but pick 33 OA is upcoming!

Dominick Badinka or Charlie Elick fits the bill here.

Dominik Badinka, 6 ft 3, 185 lbs, RHS, physical, high-effort and high-intelligence NHL shut down defenseman with good skating and breakout passing

Charlie Elick, 6 ft 3, 202 lbs, RHS potentially top four NHL D, Shut down D with speed and physicality. little offensive potential.

Then we pick again at 53, 

If Aron Kiviharju is still around I'm on the fence. Last time the sharks picked up a guy who was once top 5 ranked before injury was Jeremy Roy. That didn't work out well. I'm now shy at looking at prospects with injury history.

Guys who may be around

Matvei Shuravin, 6 ft 4, 172 lbs, LHS, Shut-down D, strong skater, offensive potential, bad shot

Will Skahan, 6 ft 5, 215 lbs, LHS, physical shutdown D, very good skater, great positioning, great vision, but limited in creativity with puck, hard but inaccurate shot.

Henry Mews, 6 foot 0, 189 lbs, RHS, Offensive D, exceptional skater, but can unravel when faced with adversity

Leo Sahlin Wallenius, 6 foot 0, 180 lbs, LHS, offensive D, non-physical, inconsistent

Cole Hutson, 5 foot 10, 165 lbs, LHS, Great at zone entries, but avg skating/undersized puts a big question mark on him, despite tourney success and relation to Lane H.. Ranked all over the place.

Leon Muggli, Mobile shutdown D

Harrison Brunicke , two-way, big & mobile, 2nd pair D

Adam Kleber ,6 foot 6,  physical, solid defense, some offensive instincts, good but slower skater

Jesse Pulkkinen, Overager, Offensive D, good skater, error prone (but improving)

Daniil Ustinkov, defensive D, good passer, no red flags

Veeti Vaisanen, defensive D, exceptional skater, some hidden offensive potential

Let's gooooooo! 

Man, I haven't been this excited about a draft since 1998
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Igor Chernyshov is still available???

That's tempting, can't lie.

I wonder if we can afford to wait to get some Right hand Dmen till later.

And hot damn, they did it!

I thought he went last night but I was drunk.

Welcome to the sharks Igor!

Now who will we get with 53

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Day 2 begins soon and I'm just as invested today.

I'd like to see the sharks fill up some RHD spots now, preferably defense first Dmen.

EJ Emery going 30th last night made me go "awwww", but I quickly poured another drink and started looking at the list of D left.

I have a wicked hangover today but pick 33 OA is upcoming!

Dominick Badinka or Charlie Elick fits the bill here.

Dominik Badinka, 6 ft 3, 185 lbs, RHS, physical, high-effort and high-intelligence NHL shut down defenseman with good skating and breakout passing

Charlie Elick, 6 ft 3, 202 lbs, RHS potentially top four NHL D, Shut down D with speed and physicality. little offensive potential.

Then we pick again at 53, 

If Aron Kiviharju is still around I'm on the fence. Last time the sharks picked up a guy who was once top 5 ranked before injury was Jeremy Roy. That didn't work out well. I'm now shy at looking at prospects with injury history.

Guys who may be around

Matvei Shuravin, 6 ft 4, 172 lbs, LHS, Shut-down D, strong skater, offensive potential, bad shot

Will Skahan, 6 ft 5, 215 lbs, LHS, physical shutdown D, very good skater, great positioning, great vision, but limited in creativity with puck, hard but inaccurate shot.

Henry Mews, 6 foot 0, 189 lbs, RHS, Offensive D, exceptional skater, but can unravel when faced with adversity

Leo Sahlin Wallenius, 6 foot 0, 180 lbs, LHS, offensive D, non-physical, inconsistent

Cole Hutson, 5 foot 10, 165 lbs, LHS, Great at zone entries, but avg skating/undersized puts a big question mark on him, despite tourney success and relation to Lane H.. Ranked all over the place.

Leon Muggli, Mobile shutdown D

Harrison Brunicke , two-way, big & mobile, 2nd pair D

Adam Kleber ,6 foot 6,  physical, solid defense, some offensive instincts, good but slower skater

Jesse Pulkkinen, Overager, Offensive D, good skater, error prone (but improving)

Daniil Ustinkov, defensive D, good passer, no red flags

Veeti Vaisanen, defensive D, exceptional skater, some hidden offensive potential

Let's gooooooo! 

Man, I haven't been this excited about a draft since 1998

I want to see how close to this list the players go. So far 3 for 3 in my rankings LOL

1 minute ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The No-Names (Utah) are trying to build a contender!

Right before his NTC kicks in too. That's got to be a kick in the nuts. You sign an 8 year 8.5million a year deal in a no tax state and then get moved right before the NTC kicks in on year 2 of 8

Maybe Tampa will resign Hedman and Stamkos. That's a lot of cap space

11 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

LOL

The sharks just bought out Knizhov....who wore #71

That's kinda cold, but knizhov was barely an NHLer

There is your #71 Macklin

The Sweater they gave him yesterday was 71, wasn’t it?