2024 NHL Draft: Live Draft Thread Discussion

The 2024 NHL Entry Draft will be the 62nd NHL Entry Draft. The draft is expected to be held on June 28–29, 2024, at the Sphere in Las Vegas.

image.png.187b151eed7588e535c8d5917516aeff.png

The first round will start at 7 p.m. ET Friday and the second through seventh rounds will start at 11:30 a.m. ET Saturday.

All general discussion goes here .... I will post Flyer specific draft results in the Flyers Forum.

10 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Wow, that’s quite the return for 5 spots in the draft order. 
And for a 21st overall at that. 

has to be jumping some team(s) they know is interested in a player they want.

58 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Wow, that’s quite the return for 5 spots in the draft order. 
And for a 21st overall at that. 

Eh moving up 5 spots cost a late 2nd and 7th I guess.

Wonder what the cost of moving 33rd to 21st would have been.

Could have locked down ej Emery or Solberg 

42 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Eh moving up 5 spots cost a late 2nd and 7th I guess.

Wonder what the cost of moving 33rd to 21st would have been.

Could have locked down ej Emery or Solberg 

Jeezus...you're getting Celebrini AND another top 11 player you greedy f***!    😆

I'm jealous of your draft already! 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm waiting to see if the Wild play it safe this year after getting burnt by Charlie Stramel last season...I'd venture a guess that if they draft Konsta Helenius at 13, there is something in the works to move Marco Rossi...

I'd prefer to see them take one of the two Norwegians, especially the defenseman, but I have a feeling they will take Helenius or the one-dimensional Eiserman...

• Good Post 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Jeezus...you're getting Celebrini AND another top 11 player you greedy f***!    😆

I'm jealous of your draft already! 🍻

I'm looking strictly at dmen for picks after Mackie
Levshunov is going top 3 so......
I like Buium and Dickenson best of the others. Silayev is more a defensive dman, Parekh and offense only dman. And Yakemchuk has some Ristolainen type red flags

After that....if we can pick up more...

top 15-32 picks
17 Stian Solberg, 6 ft 2 205lbs, LHS, greatskater, two way D.

19 Adam jiricek, 6 ft 3, 182 lbs, RHS, to way D, injury history knee

22 EJ Emery, 6 ft 3, 183 lbs, RHS, potential to become elite Shutdown D, with good puck skills. Perfect to pair with your offensive D.

30 Dominik Badinka, 6 ft 3, 185 lbs, RHS, physical, high-effort and high-intelligence NHL shut down defenseman with good skating and breakout passing

31 Charlie Elick, 6 ft 3, 202 lbs, RHS potentially top four NHL D, Shut down D with speed and physicality. little offensive potential.

top 33-60 picks

37 Alfons Freij 6 ft 1, 197 lbs, LHS Offensive D w/ high-risk play-style, can really skate & dangle, but with defensive red flags like shying away from physicality

38 Matvei Shuravin, 6 ft 4, 172 lbs, LHS, Shut-down D, strong skater, offensive potential, bad shot

41 Will Skahan, 6 ft 5, 215 lbs, LHS, physical shutdown D, very good skater, great positioning, great vision, but limited in creativity with puck, hard but inaccurate shot.

42 Henry Mews, 6 foot 0, 189 lbs, RHS, Offensive D, exceptional skater, but can unravel when faced with adversity

43 Leo Sahlin Wallenius, 6 foot 0, 180 lbs, LHS, offensive D, non-physical, inconsistent

44 Cole Hutson, 5 foot 10, 165 lbs, LHS, Great at zone entries, but avg skating/undersized puts a big question mark on him, despite tourney success and relation to Lane H.. Ranked all over the place.

47 Aron Kiviharju, 5 foot 10, 184 lbs, LHS, PMD, injury made him miss most of the season.

48 Leon Muggli, Mobile shutdown D

49 Harrison Brunicke , two-way, big & mobile, 2nd pair D

51 Adam Kleber ,6 foot 6,  physical, solid defense, some offensive instincts, good but slower skater

53 Jesse Pulkkinen, Overager, Offensive D, good skater, error prone (but improving)

54 Daniil Ustinkov, defensive D, good passer, no red flags

59 Veeti Vaisanen, defensive D, exceptional skater, some hidden offensive potential

60 Ben Danford, shutdown D

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Jackets picked up what looks to be a very big centerman.

is he the one with back issues I read about ????