Wings trade Walman to the Sharks

Jake Walman was dealt today along with a second round pick that we added in a minor league deal earlier in the day.

Prospect Andrew Gibson, a decent solid 2nd rounder who just signed his ELC was dealt to Nashville for a second rounder and a forward prospect. 

Walman, along with said 2nd rounder was dealt to the Sharks for 'future considerations."

Walman was a decent solid number 4, terrible passer but did about everything else at average or above, did an amazing gritty after scoring in OT earlier in the year. Fun guy, seems to love the game. Gonna be missed but we have Edvinsson and Wallinder who will crack the lineup this year to stay so the logjam had to be cleared.

So the Wings now have a ridiculous 33 million in cap space, we need to sign Raymond, Seider and Veleno. That should leavbe aprox half to spend on free agents. I think the trade of Wallman was to create cap space for a certain free agent that Yzerman has lined up, Pesce comes to mind, Stamkos and Steve go back for a decade, Reinhart in my silliest dreams, lol.

Anyway, it freed up cap space, traded an asset with Edvinsson, a much better one ready to take his place and created more cap room as July first and the frenzy is around the corner. Grier and San Jose added a solid number four who is better than anyone they have on the blueline at this time and got a 2nd rounder for taking him.

On 6/25/2024 at 6:50 PM, yave1964 said:

Jake Walman was dealt today along with a second round pick that we added in a minor league deal earlier in the day.

Prospect Andrew Gibson, a decent solid 2nd rounder who just signed his ELC was dealt to Nashville for a second rounder and a forward prospect. 

Walman, along with said 2nd rounder was dealt to the Sharks for 'future considerations."

Walman was a decent solid number 4, terrible passer but did about everything else at average or above, did an amazing gritty after scoring in OT earlier in the year. Fun guy, seems to love the game. Gonna be missed but we have Edvinsson and Wallinder who will crack the lineup this year to stay so the logjam had to be cleared.

So the Wings now have a ridiculous 33 million in cap space, we need to sign Raymond, Seider and Veleno. That should leavbe aprox half to spend on free agents. I think the trade of Wallman was to create cap space for a certain free agent that Yzerman has lined up, Pesce comes to mind, Stamkos and Steve go back for a decade, Reinhart in my silliest dreams, lol.

Anyway, it freed up cap space, traded an asset with Edvinsson, a much better one ready to take his place and created more cap room as July first and the frenzy is around the corner. Grier and San Jose added a solid number four who is better than anyone they have on the blueline at this time and got a 2nd rounder for taking him.

I m actually surprised. I figured if they were going to pay for a cap dump, Chiarot and Holl would be first to go

Walman looked better than either of those two