✨🔩2024 Stanley Cup Finals: Edmonton vs Florida: Panthers Stanley Cup Champions 🔩✨ (FLA Wins 4-3)

pilldoc

Who brings home the Cup!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who brings home the Cup!

• Oilers sweep in 4 (The Oil just obliterate the Cats)
    • Oilers in 5 (McDavid and company have there way with Bob)
    • Oilers in 6 (Cats battle the Oil but in the end McDavid proves why he is a Super Star)
    • Oilers in 7 (What a series! Canada finally wins the Cup ... McDavid given key to city and Bettman is crying!)
    • Panthers sweep in 4 (Panthers stike oil and brush aside the Oilers)
    • Panthers in 5 (Panthers experience a small hiccup but win anyway)
    • Panthers in 6 (Bob is the difference and stone both McDavid and Draisaitl)
    • Panthers in 7 (What a series! Florida denies Canada yet another Cup)
  2. 2. Who wins the Conn Smythe if Oilers win?

• Connor McDavid
    • Leon Draisaitl
    • Zach Hyman
    • Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    • Stuart Skinner
    • a Panther's Player
    • Other
  3. 3. Who wins the Conn Smythe if Panthers win?

• Aleksander Barkov
    • Sergei Bobrovsky
    • Matthew Tkachuk
    • Gustav Forsling
    • Carter Verhaeghe
    • Connor McDavid
    • other

1 hour ago, Buffalo Rick said:

Im saying it was more subconscious and once the game was out of reach, they did not cre if it got way out of reach because they know they are up 3-0, and they would prefer to win at home.  No doubt.  And with legal gambling in full swing you dont think there are players  out there on the take?  Maybe not on the level of the 19 White Sox, or black Sox but I am pretty sure some have bitten at offers.  Maybe Bob let a few in?  LOL

Oh, Baby face?  Ha

I can buy into the "defeated" mindset after getting whacked with a few goals quickly.

That can happen to any team.
You let in handful of goals in short order, and the winds in their sails go out in a hurry.
And MAYBE, because they have such a huge lead, that 'defeated mindset' was softened a bit into "we will get them next game".

But that is completely different than "yea, we aren't too concerned with winning this game because we want to win at home".

The 'beaten mentally' scenario happens.
The second scenario is just plain stupid.

I don't think Maurice and his boys are stupid...

No way I'm buying the "Florida wanted to win The Cup at home, so they threw the game" argument, especially when they were outskated and outplayed physically, the way they were in Game 4. I was impressed by the Oilers physical play. I didn't have Bob being chased in Game 4, on my series bingo card, but it happened. Not fair at all, not to give Edmonton credit, for a very well-played game by them. The Oilers played a better, more organized style of game, and executed extremely well. They were a step and a half quicker than the Panthers all night. They weren't trying so many stretch passes to score, and were using a lot of good cross-ice passes to succeed, the entire game. Too many bad things can happen in the next three games for Florida, for them not to have wanted to win it in Edmonton. 

The Panthers are going to go after them hard in the opening twenty minutes tomorrow night. I can almost guarantee it. If the Oilers can survive that, and play at the level they did in Game 5, they have a great chance to return to Edmonton for Game 6.

11 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I can buy into the "defeated" mindset after getting whacked with a few goals quickly.

That can happen to any team.
You let in handful of goals in short order, and the winds in their sails go out in a hurry.
And MAYBE, because they have such a huge lead, that 'defeated mindset' was softened a bit into "we will get them next game".

But that is completely different than "yea, we aren't too concerned with winning this game because we want to win at home".

The 'beaten mentally' scenario happens.
The second scenario is just plain stupid.

I don't think Maurice and his boys are stupid...

Maurice , this is his finest hour for sure.  A team with fair weather fans in a non hockey market about to win it all.  And they are battle tested so I don’t see Edmonton coming back.  Imagine Okposo and Reinhart hoisting the Cup

Edited by Buffalo Rick

Cats -166, Oilers +130 at game start.

My good friends Edward Mountawn and Florence Riddah are very confident that this series goes at least six games so have urged me to put some $$ on that Game Five +130 underdog offer.

Forget I said the Oilers will win just 1. Not so much because of the start they had tonight but because McDavid bumped The Great One to #2 in Single Season PO Assists. Took a couple days for that to sink in for me...what a historic feat it is.

Coming back down 0-3 has only happened once before in the SCF but it'd be fitting if a McDavid-led team was the next. I can't really imagine them pulling it off but a G6 certainly feels within reach.

Edited by GratefulFlyers

6 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

a G6 certainly feels within reach.

The odds-meisters say so.  Up 2-0 after the Bouchard rocket from the blue line, the worm has turned: Oilers -425, Cats +300.  (Yeah triple your $$ if you think Florida has a comeback in them tonight.)

Nice shift in the offensive zone, after the Panthers goal, by the Oilers. Edmonton PP, not what the Panthers had in mind..after an Okposo hooking call.

Well, they say Cats have nine lives...but now they're gonna need at least three more goals, if the Cup gets won tonight. Oilers up 4-2, as right after Corey Perry scores..Evan Rodrigues gets one back.

2 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

Have the Cats emptied their tank for the night with their furious but nonetheless scoreless efforts since the 4-2 goal?

No, not in my opinion. They were dominant in the second period, especially in the last ten minutes. The only thing the Panthers have to do a little differently in the third, is stop shooting themselves in the paw, and stay out of the penalty box. They did a good job of really pressuring the Oilers defense that period. If there's any carryover of momentum, I think the Panthers have a great chance to get the next two goals, and tie the game up at the very least.

Despite how Florida impressed in the last eight minutes of the second period, DraftKings still offers 5.5 to 1 odds that they’ll win.  (Seems more likely than that, as just stated above.)

• Like 1

Note to the Panthers: You have to show up in the first twenty minutes of the hockey game. Credit to the Oilers for not collapsing, after being under siege, for basically the entire second half of the hockey game. They showed a lot of character in a must win road game, 3000 miles or so away. I said Panthers in 6, so we'll see.

What Connor McDavid is doing is the stuff of legends. They're down 3-0 and the best player in the world puts his team on his back and forces game 6 with back-to-back 4 point nights.

He's the best hockey player I've ever seen.

• Like 2

Forgot to note: he set the assist record and then extended it by 2 tonight... Don't look now, but he's also 5 points back of the all-time record of 47 points in a playoff record held by 99. He's once again on a list where the only two other guys are Wayne and Mario, and they did it in a time of much higher offense.

• Like 1