βœ¨πŸ”©2024 Stanley Cup Finals: Edmonton vs Florida: Panthers Stanley Cup Champions πŸ”©βœ¨ (FLA Wins 4-3)

pilldoc

Who brings home the Cup!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who brings home the Cup!

• Oilers sweep in 4 (The Oil just obliterate the Cats)
    • Oilers in 5 (McDavid and company have there way with Bob)
    • Oilers in 6 (Cats battle the Oil but in the end McDavid proves why he is a Super Star)
    • Oilers in 7 (What a series! Canada finally wins the Cup ... McDavid given key to city and Bettman is crying!)
    • Panthers sweep in 4 (Panthers stike oil and brush aside the Oilers)
    • Panthers in 5 (Panthers experience a small hiccup but win anyway)
    • Panthers in 6 (Bob is the difference and stone both McDavid and Draisaitl)
    • Panthers in 7 (What a series! Florida denies Canada yet another Cup)
  2. 2. Who wins the Conn Smythe if Oilers win?

• Connor McDavid
    • Leon Draisaitl
    • Zach Hyman
    • Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    • Stuart Skinner
    • a Panther's Player
    • Other
  3. 3. Who wins the Conn Smythe if Panthers win?

• Aleksander Barkov
    • Sergei Bobrovsky
    • Matthew Tkachuk
    • Gustav Forsling
    • Carter Verhaeghe
    • Connor McDavid
    • other

Lot of pressure now on the Oilers but there's plenty to go around. Florida guys aren't immune. They know win 1 in Edmonton and head back home with the Cup waiting in their building. That's pressure too.

Β 

Never thought I'd see Skinner outplay Bobrovsky - sort of: Skinner zero soft goals, Bob with 1, and lose 4-1.

Β 

McDavid and Draisaitl combined one point...not a stretch to imagine that changing in G3.

Β 

But imho Draisaitl shouldn't get to play G3 or G4. Not every "jump" is intended to be part of the hit...you go in hard sometimes you leave your feet a bit. But Draisaitl clearly, purposefully jumped into SB and led with his elbow. Can the NHL really just let that go?

• Like 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to βœ¨πŸ”©2024 Stanley Cup Finals: Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs. Florida Panthers (A1) πŸ”©βœ¨ (FLA Leads 2-0)
8 hours ago, radoran said:

Β 

You win two at home and we're even up.

Β 

Simple as that.

Β 

:hocky:

Β 

Rick Bowness, get out of Radoran's body !

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 11:38 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Well as the old saying goes it's not a series till someone loses at home!!!

Β 

True true... after tonight it'll be 2-1 or 3-0... pretty much a must-win for Edmonton.

Β 

The Panthers play an aggressive, high-risk game offensively; the Oilers are probably the best team in the NHL to exploit it.

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 8:35 PM, Podein25 said:

What the holy fcuk did I just hear Luke Gadzic saying in the postgame about the Draisaitl hit?!

Β 

He questioned whether it was even a penalty lol, said something like "got his hands up a bit" lol

Β 

Forearm shiver with force from a 6-4 220 lb monster of a guy, wearing hard plastic armor on said forearm, aimed squarely at the chin, landed perfectly with force. Nothing to see here.Β 

Β 

Unreal

Β 

For his entire run on the Sportsnet panel, Gazdic might as well still be wearing his Oilers jersey.

Β 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Β 

True true... after tonight it'll be 2-1 or 3-0... pretty much a must-win for Edmonton.

Β 

The Panthers play an aggressive, high-risk game offensively; the Oilers are probably the best team in the NHL to exploit it.

Β 

Β 

Β 

There's a reason they make 'em play the games, but it's going to be really difficult for Edmonton. Things are really flipped between last year's Finals and this season's... Last year, Florida was really banged up, and this year they're pretty healthy. This year, half of the Oilers aren't practicing, and haven't been for well over a month.

Β 

• Like 2

We’ll see if Barkov plays I haven’t heard anything except he did practice and made the trip so I assume that means he didn’t suffer a concussion.Β 
Β 

AFAIK the Oilers aren’t missing anyone from their lineup. Nurse and Kane will both play.

32 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

We’ll see if Barkov plays I haven’t heard anything except he did practice and made the trip so I assume that means he didn’t suffer a concussion.Β 
Β 

AFAIK the Oilers aren’t missing anyone from their lineup. Nurse and Kane will both play.

Β 

-Barkov took part in the morning skate this morning. I expect he'll be in the lineup.

-Kane and Nurse missed today's skate, but Kane hasn't practiced this calendar year, so take that for what it's worth.

Β 

---edit---

Barkov will play tonight.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/panthers-captain-aleksander-barkov-play-174406103.html

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Thanks 1

Ouch... a 4 on 4 goal from FL...nothing Skinny could do on that one... that's gotta hurt in the final minute esp after all the time they spent in FL zone...

Β 

still we know the Oilers can break it open anytime ... it's just... they better do it tonight.

Β 

Edited by GratefulFlyers

FL really better .... ha Never Mind they score!

Β 

gonna say they need to tighten up defensively - if possible (getting beat by speed mostly but also some missed coverage) - and then Tarasenko buries it in close... that was a biggie...

Wow another.... good for Bennett made up for that blown coverage on Foegele's goal. Great pass Tkachuk.

Β 

Oilers really need to start shooting the puck more more more... get some bodies in front of Bobrovsky and hammer away... next goal has to be theirs...

Β 

Edited by GratefulFlyers

Ummm…worst lead in hockey?!

Β 

P.S. Florida did think it so Barkov decided to bag another. Β 4-1, hooboy…

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Haha 1

Uh I meant the next goal has to be theirs...

Β 

man the Oils are really burying themselves ... 4-1 feels miles further away than 3-1.

Β 

But... still a lotta hockey to play... an entire 20 plus a few minutes left in the 2nd...

The Washington Capitals and St Louis Blues can thank their lucky stars that no team of the caliber of this season’s Florida Panthers existed in the 2018 or 2019 playoffs.

Β 

Otherwise these two clubs would still be searching for their first Stanley Cup.

• Like 1

oh come on Perry... complaining that hard? Literally sat down on top of Bobrovsky's back.Β 

Β 

lame-ass hooking calls make these games tough to watch sometimes...

Β 

Edited by GratefulFlyers

I've been watching this game on and off, but I gotta say....it just looks like the Panthers are running through the Oilers!

Edmonton is showing fight for sure (in fact, they have this entire series), but Florida is just too damned deep....if one guy doesn't get you, the other will, and even when Edmonton breaks Florida down, Bobrovsky is there to clean up the mess.

One more period to go and I think we all know Edmonton is capable of exploding on the scoreboard, but CAN they really?
At times, the Oilers looked mentally beat down out there as well as physically.

And of course there is the matter of the game after this one.
IF the Panthers win this, no need to crown them just yet, but damned will they be in the proverbial driver's seat!

Period 3.
Let's see what the Oilers have....

• Like 1

Steve Levy on ABC just told us something that had not registered with me, ever:

Β 

26 years since a Cup Final sweep.

Β 

That would be 1998..my Capitals the last club to be swept. Β (By Detroit.). Alas…maybe Edmonton takes that place in a few nights?Β  Β 

• Like 2

Just now, GratefulFlyers said:

that's it... Bobrovsky and the Panthers are 1 game away

Β 

Panthers now have to deal with the 'hardest game to win'...Game 4.

But hey, better to be in their shoes trying to do that, than in Edmonton's looking to win 4 straight!

• Like 1