✨🔩2024 Stanley Cup Finals: Edmonton vs Florida: Panthers Stanley Cup Champions 🔩✨ (FLA Wins 4-3)

pilldoc

Who brings home the Cup!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who brings home the Cup!

• Oilers sweep in 4 (The Oil just obliterate the Cats)
    • Oilers in 5 (McDavid and company have there way with Bob)
    • Oilers in 6 (Cats battle the Oil but in the end McDavid proves why he is a Super Star)
    • Oilers in 7 (What a series! Canada finally wins the Cup ... McDavid given key to city and Bettman is crying!)
    • Panthers sweep in 4 (Panthers stike oil and brush aside the Oilers)
    • Panthers in 5 (Panthers experience a small hiccup but win anyway)
    • Panthers in 6 (Bob is the difference and stone both McDavid and Draisaitl)
    • Panthers in 7 (What a series! Florida denies Canada yet another Cup)
  2. 2. Who wins the Conn Smythe if Oilers win?

• Connor McDavid
    • Leon Draisaitl
    • Zach Hyman
    • Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    • Stuart Skinner
    • a Panther's Player
    • Other
  3. 3. Who wins the Conn Smythe if Panthers win?

• Aleksander Barkov
    • Sergei Bobrovsky
    • Matthew Tkachuk
    • Gustav Forsling
    • Carter Verhaeghe
    • Connor McDavid
    • other

10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

If that goal saved by the Florida defenseman..(Mikkola?)

Kulikov I think... but yeah that was an incredible play...he was falling, twisting into a pretzel almost and still found a way to knock the puck out of the crease...game-saving Cup-winning block ...

5 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Kulikov I think... but yeah that was an incredible play...he was falling, twisting into a pretzel almost and still found a way to knock the puck out of the crease...game-saving Cup-winning block ...

Kulikov..yes. Thanks.

Congrats to the Panthers....kind of wish they had blown it, would have been awesome.

But either way we watched hockey history tonight.

You know McDavid is going to get all kinds of grief for not coming out to accept the CS, but i understand.

Edited by Brewin Flames
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

Congrats to the Panthers....kind of wish they had blown it, would have been awesome.

You know McDavis is going to get all kinds of grief for not coming out to accept the CS, but i understand.

Truthfully I would of been a bit surprised had he come out to get it 

41 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

You know the team better than me so I'll take your word for it but did they look banged up? Play banged up (besides Draisaitl)? I didn't see a "banged up team" they looked plenty fast to me, great puck control, quick breakouts, no bonehead "out of gas" penalties... a few mistakes on D + Bobrovsky had his A game tonight.

Heck the Oilers came THISCLOSE to taking 4 straight off one of the toughest defensive teams...maybe ever - certainly one of the best to make the Final in a long time.

So if this is the Oilers "banged up" ... Oilers fans have a lot to look forward to is all I can say! 🙂

Kane - hernia, in such pain that he couldn't even sit on the bench. Not recovered from the gruesome injury he sustained in Tampa last year, and can't feel anything in his left arm from the elbow-down. Should have been shut down months ago, but battled to get them to the playoffs.

Draisaitl - injured in game 1 of the Vancouver series. Speculation is that it's a broken rib(s). Has been wearing a splint on his left hand for a month now. Right about then is when his ability to shoot the puck evaporated, and by tonight, he had nothing. Was caved by Florida's 4th

line this evening.

Henrique - missed the entirety of the second round with a sprained ankle and, according to him, came back about a month early.

McDavid - yeah, I know he did what he did, but he's been hurt all season long. Lost about 10 mph off his shot and then the core injury at the end of the regular season. I think he basically emptied the tank to get the team to game 7.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Brewin Flames said:

You know McDavis is going to get all kinds of grief for not coming out to accept the CS, but i understand.

Just now, Jimtown guy said:

Truthfully I would of been a bit surprised had he come out to get it 

Yea....I would have been surprised as well.
Especially if Connor McDavid finds out this McDavis imposter is coming out to take his trophy.
Connor woulda whooped his arse! :ph34r: 

Congratulations to the Sassy Cats of Methville.

I hope TNT has the finals next year. 

I hate ESPNs hockey coverage.

Just ridiculous, cover the damn sport and cut the sports century treatment. Ray Ferraro is the only worthy member of that  broadcast team.

@RBGordie

Taking sour grapes to a marvelous level of petty, good for you.

That third period was tense as hell, fun to watch, I hope both teams had fun, because I sure did.

I would shoot a guy to get Barkov to play for my team. Good team, fair outcome not an unjust result of a weird but entertaining series.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

You know McDavid is going to get all kinds of grief for not coming out to accept the CS, but i understand.

If I recall Hextall claimed it in 1987.  My parents were trying to console me with that back at the time. 

• Like 1

I have no problem with McDavid ghosting the Conn Smythe.

None.

He was fabulous in the tournament and may have been puking his face off or getting an IV treatment.

He left nothing in the tank.

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 1

Just now, mojo1917 said:

I have no problem with McDavid ghosting the Conn Smythe.

None.

He was fabulous in the tournament and may have been puking his face of or getting an IV treatment.

He left nothing in the tank.

Oilers Nation reported that the core injury he suffered at the end of the season required surgery, but he decided to put it off until after the playoffs.

• Like 1