✨🔩2024 Stanley Cup Finals: Edmonton vs Florida: Panthers Stanley Cup Champions 🔩✨ (FLA Wins 4-3)

pilldoc

Who brings home the Cup!  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who brings home the Cup!

• Oilers sweep in 4 (The Oil just obliterate the Cats)
    • Oilers in 5 (McDavid and company have there way with Bob)
    • Oilers in 6 (Cats battle the Oil but in the end McDavid proves why he is a Super Star)
    • Oilers in 7 (What a series! Canada finally wins the Cup ... McDavid given key to city and Bettman is crying!)
    • Panthers sweep in 4 (Panthers stike oil and brush aside the Oilers)
    • Panthers in 5 (Panthers experience a small hiccup but win anyway)
    • Panthers in 6 (Bob is the difference and stone both McDavid and Draisaitl)
    • Panthers in 7 (What a series! Florida denies Canada yet another Cup)
  2. 2. Who wins the Conn Smythe if Oilers win?

• Connor McDavid
    • Leon Draisaitl
    • Zach Hyman
    • Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
    • Stuart Skinner
    • a Panther's Player
    • Other
  3. 3. Who wins the Conn Smythe if Panthers win?

• Aleksander Barkov
    • Sergei Bobrovsky
    • Matthew Tkachuk
    • Gustav Forsling
    • Carter Verhaeghe
    • Connor McDavid
    • other

I feel for the Oilers.
They left it all out there.
And their fanbase. Long suffering...will need to wait some more.

Thing is, as long as McDavid is leading that group, seeing the Oilers in this sort of position for the next few seasons may become the norm.
How many he can his squad can actually win will remain to be seen, but this isn't a one n done for Edmonton.

I can see them back here next season.

• Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, RBGordie said:

It's a bummer when a team that isn't even close to the best team in the league wins the Cup. They don't even have any great players.

A sad day for hockey.

What in the hell are you talking about?

Measured in minutes, how long have you been a hockey fan?

Barkov is probably top 5 in the game. They have a really good team.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh man why are the interviewing Tkachuck? Sheez talk to the guys that have been around the team for more than a hot minute...

I give Bobrovsky a lot of credit after G4, 5 and 6 his confidence must've been shaky. That late sequence with McDavid in front, puck on his stick Hyman on his left - that's usually automatic.

ugh now the Troll man ... what a creepy guy... I know the owners love him...nobody else...

6 minutes ago, RBGordie said:

It's a bummer when a team that isn't even close to the best team in the league wins the Cup. They don't even have any great players. Except Bob the goalie.

A sad day for hockey.

Well, good theory, except that...

They ARE the best team this season.
Division champion...beat three good East teams to get here...and now, took care of the Oilers.

Oh, and look...they are raising what LOOKS like...the Stanley Cup! :shifty: 

3 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

But it needs sanity. It was utterly stupid 

They have no great players except one. They just came up with a bullying shut down defensive strategy that worked.

And the way the standings are set up, the winner is NOT necessarily the best team, which this has proven. 

And the sad part is they created an utterly boring style of hockey. Game 7 of the finals was one of the most boring games I've seen in a long time.

Edited by RBGordie

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to ✨🔩2024 Stanley Cup Finals: Edmonton vs Florida: Panthers Stanley Cup Champions 🔩✨ (FLA Wins 4-3)
8 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

As I said the games into this... The oilers are just too banged-up to win four straight. It's really really hard to do in the finals. Almost impossible.

Better fortune next year, JR.  I suppose I’m also speaking to all of Canada.

I suppose the Oiler’s inability to win their opening home game (Game 3) was the killer, per your analysis.

• Like 2

Kyle Okposo being interviewed.

You know, I get the SC champion is a team. A well operating machine. And it takes them ALL to win.
But Okposo has to be about as decorative to this team as a guy can get.

If the Panthers are a race car, with a bunch of high performance parts, then Okposo is the hood ornament... :rolleyes: 

• Haha 1

It really was a game of inches. If that goal saved by the Florida defenseman..(Mikkola?) we could be talking about OT, and a different outcome. Sure enough, Florida comes back and scores down the other end of the ice. Great series.

• Like 1

Just now, Math said:

Finally, the Stanley is back to the successful State of Hockey that has such a long and storied tradition of hockey.

Well...my home state IS trying to build that reputation apparently! 😆

I remember when teams toured through Miami and Tampa, it was a cakewalk.
Not so anymore.

And now they have the hardware to back that up.

21 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

As I said the games into this... The oilers are just too banged-up to win four straight. It's really really hard to do in the finals. Almost impossible.

You know the team better than me so I'll take your word for it but did they look banged up? Play banged up (besides Draisaitl)? I didn't see a "banged up team" they looked plenty fast to me, great puck control, quick breakouts, no bonehead "out of gas" penalties... a few mistakes on D + Bobrovsky had his A game tonight.

Heck the Oilers came THISCLOSE to taking 4 straight off one of the toughest defensive teams...maybe ever - certainly one of the best to make the Final in a long time.

So if this is the Oilers "banged up" ... Oilers fans have a lot to look forward to is all I can say! 🙂

Edited by GratefulFlyers
  • Like 1