Lots of ex Sabres pitching in

2 hours ago, Buffalo Rick said:

Okposo, our captain for much of season, now going in corners for Florida and Reinhart scores winner!  I’m hoping he returns to Buffalo if UFA?

I'm not trolling, but why would he want to go to Buffalo to play for a perennially bad team and also pay income tax?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

why would he want to go to Buffalo?

How did Buffalo trade away all of these apparently productive playoff performing players and still be mediocre?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radoran said:

How did Buffalo trade away all of these apparently productive playoff performing players and still be mediocre?

445544901_10231184490974196_435044593535

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I'm not trolling, but why would he want to go to Buffalo to play for a perennially bad team and also pay income tax?

They will be better next year.  They just missed end of last, youngest team in league.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Rick said:

They will be better next year.  They just missed end of last, youngest team in league.  

They were close this year, and have a chance next year, but just making the playoffs is a long way from what Reinhart's been used to: Conference and Cup Finals.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

They were close this year, and have a chance next year, but just making the playoffs is a long way from what Reinhart's been used to: Conference and Cup Finals.

I don’t think he can expect Florida to be a finalist every year or even a playoff team.  Lousy fan base so no pressure to spend and it’s not an attractive market.  No way.  They better enjoy this run, it may be the last.  And you must be a nervous wreck with this game 5 looking you down a barrel in Dallas.  I’m not sure Edmonton is strong enough in their goaltending?  If they lose. That will be what’s to blame

On 5/30/2024 at 2:37 AM, Buffalo Rick said:

I don’t think he can expect Florida to be a finalist every year or even a playoff team.  Lousy fan base so no pressure to spend and it’s not an attractive market.  No way.  They better enjoy this run, it may be the last.  And you must be a nervous wreck with this game 5 looking you down a barrel in Dallas.  I’m not sure Edmonton is strong enough in their goaltending?  If they lose. That will be what’s to blame

It's certainly not a traditional hockey market, but they can offer some things that other places can't: great winter weather, anonymity, more take-home pay, and a team with a built-in salary cap advantage.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

It's certainly not a traditional hockey market, but they can offer some things that other places can't: great winter weather, anonymity, more take-home pay, and a team with a built-in salary cap advantage.

And they just don’t show up.  Sure maybe now that they are in conference finals and maybe the favorite to win it all?  It’s never going to be a hockey town like Canada, Buffalo or Minnesota.

44 minutes ago, Buffalo Rick said:

And they just don’t show up.  Sure maybe now that they are in conference finals and maybe the favorite to win it all?  It’s never going to be a hockey town like Canada, Buffalo or Minnesota.

Florida Panthers attendance: 96.8% capacity, right between New Jersey and the Islanders.

Buffalo Sabres attendance: 83.8% capacity, 2nd last in the NHL.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

Florida Panthers attendance: 96.8% capacity, right between New Jersey and the Islanders.

In fairness, they do have to make snowbird Ottawa and Tronno fans feel at home by watching their team lose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JR Ewing said:

Buffalo Sabres attendance: 83.8% capacity, 2nd last in the NHL.

Those stats must be only this year.  Florida has an empty arena when they are not in playoffs.  No way do they draw more than Buffalo and Devils don’t either

1 hour ago, Buffalo Rick said:

What does that mean

The last time any of the teams you mentioned won the Cup. The alleged point of this entire competition thing.

Reference @JR Ewing and his talk about actual income and it's affect on rosters and potentially outcomes.