💢 2023-24 Round 2, West Semi Finals: (C3) Colorado Avalanche at (C1) Dallas Stars 💫 (DAL WINS 4-2)

Avalanche at Stars  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Big Boy Makes the West Finals?

• Avs in 4.... Too much firepower, too much everything. Central Champs go out with not even a whimper...
    • Avs in 5... Just like their previous opponent, COL disposes of another so-called contender
    • Avs in 6... Central champs were game, looked good even, but it is Colorado at the end of the day
    • Avs in 7... A rockin series (see what I did there!) that sees COL just edge out DAL
    • Stars in 4... I can hear the DAL fans (and some others too perhaps) now..... Colorado? OOOverrated!
    • Stars in 5... Avs show a bit of spark, spark...but umm, yea, still not enough against the smothering Stars
    • Stars in 6... Some didn't think it possible, but don't tell Dallas that. They oust the Avs in convincing fashion in a competitive set!
    • Stars in 7... A great series with ups n downs all over, but in the end, there can only be ONE Central monster, and it is green in color.

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Of course, one group NOT feeling bad for Dallas at all (aside from still-angry former North Stars fans) are Buffalo Sabres fans.... they of the "no goal" persuasion... :bigteeth: 

They don't like the word hull in Buffalo. If you're boating in Lake Erie, you have to refer to it as a Miller. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Oettinger.
He is STILL mad about not being in the showers right now with his ticket punched to the West Finals!

He just denied the Avs a monster chance again!

Yep. He flat out robbed Lehkonen. Great save.

I said the puck was finding him, and sure enough, Matt Duchesne picks up the loose puck in front and stashes it home past Georgiev.

• Good Post 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 💢 2023-24 Round 2, West Semi Finals: (C3) Colorado Avalanche at (C1) Dallas Stars 💫 (DAL WINS 4-2)
  • TropicalFruitGirl26 unpinned this topic
2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

But wait...goal is being called back because Joe Pavelski yelled "Yo Momma" to Georgiev, causing him to not be able to play his position!! :ph34r:

It was an echo from the Yeti...so therefore it was deemed a good goal. :ph34r: Oh well.

I do believe the series-winning goal occurred right at the stroke of midnight.  (Local Mountain Time.)

Avs be pumpkins.

• Like 2

Just now, FD19372 said:

It was an echo from the Yeti...so therefore it was deemed a good goal. :ph34r: Oh well.

Wouldn't surprise me at ALL at this point, if that was actually in the rulebook, FD... lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SaucyJack said:

I do believe the series-winning goal occurred right at the stroke of midnight.  (Local Mountain Time.)

Avs be pumpkins.

Ya know?
You may be right!

So much for the Cinderella Avs then, eh? :shifty: 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

So much for the Cinderella Avs then, eh?

I’m thinking back two years ago, and how much better and dominating Colorado was.  I had a Facebook cousin all ecstatic when they won the Cup since she’d recently spent several years there.  I remember replying to her how fast her Avs were, how pressured their foes were, how they so deserved the Cup.

They’ve fallen off some in two years.  No way did I get such feelings about them this time around.  

Edited by SaucyJack

"Duchy's ass was over the line," Marchment told reporters after the game. "His feet were outside, but his ass was over the line. So that's the explanation I got."

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

"Duchy's ass was over the line," Marchment told reporters after the game. "His feet were outside, but his ass was over the line. So that's the explanation I got."

Well, then...
That'll teach him to "keep his ass in line" for next series! :bigteeth:

• Haha 2

The Avs had a great season when you consider that they didn't have their Lando or Val. They'll be back. They could use maybe another starting goalie (though I'm not blaming Georgiev for the loss to Dallas) and certainly a productive second line center in the off-season. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SaucyJack said:

I’m thinking back two years ago, and how much better and dominating Colorado was.  I had a Facebook cousin all ecstatic when they won the Cup since she’d recently spent several years there.  I remember replying to her how fast her Avs were, how pressured their foes were, how they so deserved the Cup.

They’ve fallen off some in two years.  No way did I get such feelings about them this time around.  

Yeah they lost key players from when they won last so I don't see them winning again...

I’m not happy seeing either Parise or Suter in this position, but at least Parise got knocked out. Basically hurt the first four years of his 13 year deal with the Wild, and then whines about not wanting to be part of a rebuild when his contract is the reason the GM can’t bring in more talented players. FU Zach Parise. 

Man Dallas is crushing it.rifhr mix of grizzled vets, insane talented kids and a goalies who found his game