💢 2023-24 Round 2, West Semi Finals: (C3) Colorado Avalanche at (C1) Dallas Stars 💫 (DAL WINS 4-2)

Avalanche at Stars  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which Big Boy Makes the West Finals?

• Avs in 4.... Too much firepower, too much everything. Central Champs go out with not even a whimper...
    • Avs in 5... Just like their previous opponent, COL disposes of another so-called contender
    • Avs in 6... Central champs were game, looked good even, but it is Colorado at the end of the day
    • Avs in 7... A rockin series (see what I did there!) that sees COL just edge out DAL
    • Stars in 4... I can hear the DAL fans (and some others too perhaps) now..... Colorado? OOOverrated!
    • Stars in 5... Avs show a bit of spark, spark...but umm, yea, still not enough against the smothering Stars
    • Stars in 6... Some didn't think it possible, but don't tell Dallas that. They oust the Avs in convincing fashion in a competitive set!
    • Stars in 7... A great series with ups n downs all over, but in the end, there can only be ONE Central monster, and it is green in color.

12 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Wow....it took a one timer and the clock down to 0.5 seconds to beat Oettinger!
Crazy, stuff!

The site needs another “like” emoji that means “yes, so nutty” 🤪 like this one!

Posted (edited)

At some point, they had to score on the PP... The 1-1 is ok, given the scoring chances in this first period. 

So far, Makar is on pace to play 30:00, MacKinnon 27:00. That's huge.

Edited by Math

3 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

The site needs another “like” emoji that means “yes, so nutty” 🤪 like this one!

I am sure I can persuade the site owner to rip some off from some candy bar websites 😄

5 minutes ago, Math said:

At some point, they had to score on the PP... The 1-1 is ok, given the scoring chances in this first period. 

So far, Makar is on pace to play 30:00, MacKinnon 27:00. That's huge.

"Play'em till the wheels fall off them then!"

I wish the Capitals had never taken Darcy Kuemper off the Av’s hands after they won the Cup 2 years ago.

It seems longer than two years.

3 minutes ago, SaucyJack said:

I wish the Capitals had never taken Darcy Kuemper off the Av’s hands after they won the Cup 2 years ago.

It seems longer than two years.

Many Minnesota Wild fans felt Darcy Kuemper was a 'good enough' goalie for a team looking to make the playoffs or at least be competitive.....but not good enough to lead the team to a Cup.

Just so happened he was at the right place at the right time with Colorado AND, he did play out of his mind that year in extended starts, but that was the anamoly.
Washington grabbed fools gold when they 'stole' him from the Avalanche, unfortunately.... at least fool's gold in the sense if the Caps were looking to get back to the mountaintop, Darcy wasn't gonna be the guy.

He would have had to duplicate his season with the Avs AND have an equally powerful Caps offense, equivalent to Colorado's, in front of him, and that simply wasn't going to happen!

Nice lift of the puck by Heiskanen right near the net to score that goal for 2-1.  (If that was a Cap player, the puck would have just easily slid into the goalie’s pads.)

With six and a half left in the second, the Stars take the lead after all that pressure buildup.

Let's see if they let up (huuuuge mistake if they do!!), or just keep going for the jugular in an attempt to bury the dangerous Avalanche for good!

Very bad positioning of the Avs players there, as they were all standing still on their blue line when Robertson entered with speed in the zone and go for a 2-on-0.

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

He would have had to duplicate his season with the Avs AND have an equally powerful Caps offense, equivalent to Colorado's, in front of him, and that simply wasn't going to happen!

yeah what a waste of $26.5 mil over 5 years.  I saw a Hockey News article saying the Caps are trying to offload Kuemper.  Maybe the Avs want him lol?

• Haha 1

• TropicalFruitGirl26 changed the title to 💢 2023-24 Round 2, West Semi Finals: (C3) Colorado Avalanche at (C1) Dallas Stars 💫 (DAL Leads 3-2)

Prediction Mikko Rantanen wins it for the Avs (hopefully) or, Joe Pavelski wins the series for the Stars.

Wow...Dallas just got messed over.

That was a clean goal....they say goalie interference on Georgiev, but it was Makar who pushed the Dallas player into the goalie, the Dallas player was clearly out of the blue paint, and was a screen at that point.

That was real messed up, refs....

This series should be OVER!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Wow...Dallas just got messed over.

That was a clean goal....they say goalie interference on Georgiev, but it was Makar who pushed the Dallas player into the goalie, the Dallas player was clearly out of the blue paint, and was a screen at that point.

That was real messed up, refs....

This series should be OVER!

I agree. Makar pushed ...I think it was Marchment, into Georgiev. It should've been a good goal for the Stars.

• Like 1

Teams play on.

Man, if Colorado wins and forces Game 7.....

Were the refs (or the Toronto 'situation room' for th at matter) too scared to call the series on big market Denver, media darlings Colorado...in front of the home fans???

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Teams play on.

Man, if Colorado wins and forces Game 7.....

Were the refs (or the Toronto 'situation room' for th at matter) too scared to call the series on big market Denver, media darlings Colorado...in front of the home fans???

It was actually Matt Duchesne who allegedly bumped Georgiev in front of the net and maybe restricted Georgie from using his stick, but yeah I honestly Dallas got cheated on that one. Lundqvist agreed with the ref. I guess there just wasn't conclusive enough to overturn it.

Maybe the ref was promised a Rocky Mountain High..I don't know.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 1

I think I'm gonna puke...

TNT analysts saying they agree with the refs call....can they BS anymore?
All these rationalizations for "goalie being allowed to play his position", and the skater "needs to make every effort to get out of the way"..... puke, puke, and more puke.
I saw:
Dallas player screening a goalie (legal)...was doing it outside the blue paint (legal)....was not making contact with the goalie UNTIL the Colorado defenseman pushed him in (not the Dallas player's fault...he was legally screening).
OF COURSE someone like Henrik Lundquist is gonna side with the goalie....

At least Anson Carter is making sense...even Paul Bissonette is making sense on this, and lawd knows I think Bissonette is usually full of hot air.

Guess you can't screen goalies anymore.

NHL teams take note:
If you goalie is being legally screened, have your defenseman push the guy into the goalie.
Goal shouldn't count even if they get one past...goalie interference dontcha know...

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I think I'm gonna puke...

TNT analysts saying they agree with the refs call....can they BS anymore?
All these rationalizations for "goalie being allowed to play his position", and the skater "needs to make every effort to get out of the way"..... puke, puke, and more puke.
I saw:
Dallas player screening a goalie (legal)...was doing it outside the blue paint (legal)....was not making contact with the goalie UNTIL the Colorado defenseman pushed him in (not the Dallas player's fault...he was legally screening).
OF COURSE someone like Henrik Lundquist is gonna side with the goalie....

At least Anson Carter is making sense...even Paul Bissonette is making sense on this, and lawd knows I think Bissonette is usually full of hot air.

Guess you can't screen goalies anymore.

NHL teams take note:
If you goalie is being legally screened, have your defenseman push the guy into the goalie.
Goal shouldn't count even if they get one past...goalie interference dontcha know...

Lundqvist was claiming Georgiev was restricted in using his stick. I don't buy it, but the Avs are still alive so I'll take it.

Just now, FD19372 said:

Lundqvist was claiming Georgiev was restricted in using his stick. I don't buy it, but the Avs are still alive so I'll take it.

I think Lundqvist is being restricted from using his objectivity... :shifty:
Is he running for president of the goalie's club?

• Haha 1

The puck seems to like Duchesne tonight. The Avs need to spend a little more time in the offensive zone.

Looks like Zach Parise and Ryan Suter get the last laugh on the Minnesota Wild.

Wild buy them both out, they are being paid NOT to be in Minnesota, and they are both playing for the right to go to the West Finals (one of them will), while the Wild are home washing their jockstraps.

Who said life (and the NHL gods) is fair? :shifty: