Michkov may be here this summer

12 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Do you get 'elite" at 4th?

So who would the choice be by then??

Lindstrom or Demidov???

Are either Elite?? I have to say i'm not qualified to make that call because i don't keep up with scouting like i use to.

But one is a Center who may project to a #1 and the other is a LW/RW who can project to a top like winger. One is a former teammate of their current top stars they have now. A very hard choice.

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

So that must tell you a lot when no one wanted this guy even if they picked up 50% of his salary must mean they want to just move on now....

He's cooked. If he's still in the league in 2025-26, I'll be shocked.

22 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

But they overachieved, and still missed the playoffs. That's how close they are to contending....not very. Of course Briere thinks they could contend in 5 years....every GM thinks that

This is an interesting point. A safe play for a GM. If you aren’t good in five years, you’ll likely to not be here to answer anymore questions about it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yeah is it too much to give up maybe 3 really good players for one elite one though?

Seriously asking?

And giving up 3 assets for one to only have that one bust would be a huge huge set back.

If you make that trade, it needs to deliver 100%. Not close, not sort of. You need to 100% end up with an elite player, and that's just not assured at #4.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, JR Ewing said:

If you make that trade, it needs to deliver 100%

Hell yes it does.

And the Patrick Nolan and other draft picks that didn't come through (which also happens to other teams as well not lost on me) has set them back enough.

So either let the draft fall how it is going to fall or commit and go get your guy. 

But Danny Jones has to knock this out the park miss and it could set you back 2-3 years.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hell yes it does.

And the Patrick Nolan and other draft picks that didn't come through (which also happens to other teams as well not lost on me) has set them back enough.

So either let the draft fall how it is going to fall or commit and go get your guy. 

But Danny Jones has to knock this out the park miss and it could set you back 2-3 years.

Right. It's why you can't pick an injured player, or Eiserman. This is a must succeed pick, and not a luxury one.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

4 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

that's just not assured at #4.

And i meant to add how else will this team get to #4 to even have that chance again though?

We all can most agree they mid as hell and will be hovering around 12-16 for a few years coming even.

But next year's draft is suppose to be deeper...so if they don't like it they may have a chance to pick up something next year to move back...

• Like 1

Shot across the bow incoming .....

Cease and desist with the insulting posts .....  several  have been hidden.  Granted we are all passionate about this team and have ideas on how DB and company should proceed.  Please be respectful to one another ....

Carry on ......

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 3

The official trade between Boston / Ottawa:

The Senators announced Monday that they had acquired goaltender Linus Ullmark from the Boston Bruins. In exchange, Boston will receive goaltender Joonas Korpisalo, centre Mark Kastelic and the Senators 25th overall pick in Friday's NHL Draft

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Colorado did okay in 2017.

Every draft is different. Boston did pretty good at #25 in 2014. We all know Clarke wanted Makar all along, even though he never mentioned it for years after. 😉

The fact that several teams want to trade down tells me how many think there isn't a lot of difference between picking 4-12 or whatever. 

Colorado also knows how to build a winner. 

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Every draft is different. Boston did pretty good at #25 in 2014. We all know Clarke wanted Makar all along, even though he never mentioned it for years after. 😉

The fact that several teams want to trade down tells me how many think there isn't a lot of difference between picking 4-12 or whatever. 

Colorado also knows how to build a winner. 

BITFU and draft. 2 evolutions. And throw in a little shrewd asset management. A concept that continues to elude everyone in Flyerland. They think one more shiny toy and a caveman coach will get us to the promised land. I await this evening with trepidation.