Michkov may be here this summer

14 hours ago, radoran said:

Michkov should make Konecny available, but I have a feeling they will be excited to have TWO talented right wings with no one to pass them the puck.

:hocky:

Good teams have many good players. 

I think maybe this development changes the narrative around TK and the extension. 

Danny didn't poker face up too well when asked about Michkov.  His comments about not being a competitive team yet were made after being asked about MM.

I hope people don't freak out about MM's ELC, it's going to be high. For the same reason Fedotov's was high.  

Reimbursing the player for buying out a contract isn't cheap. I'm sure it is built into these Russian deals. 

Edited by mojo1917

Just now, mojo1917 said:

Are you going somewhere?

Eventually.

"Dosvedanya" means "until we meet again" or "revisit this" among various meanings based upon the inflection and facial expression of the speaker, as Russian tends to be.

We'll see how they decide to go. The New Era is still being built, comrade.

:hocky:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I hope people don't freak out about MM's ELC, it's going to be high. For the same reason Fedotov's was high.  

Reimbursing the player for buying out a contract isn't cheap. I'm sure it is built into these Russian deals. 

I am not sure what you mean.  The ELC is dictated by the CBA.  Thankfully the Flyers can't pay him whatever they want (or the salary would be $11M).  Michkov's salary won't be an issue for the first three years he is here.

• Like 1

@SCFlyguy

I mean, the 19-year-old isn't buying his way out of anything. Where's he getting the money?

The Flyers will have to build reimbursement bonuses into his ELC.

So, while the CBA sets the terms of ELCs This one is going to be near the high end of those ranges because of doing business in Russia. 

I don't know what will happen, I'll wait and see what actually happens before I make any judgements.

I don't share your level of skepticism about what's happening. And that's fine. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CoachX said:

Let’s not get carried away

I want something to get happy and excited about, for this hockey team. Let me have that. 

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

There's nothing wrong with paying elite talent.

The Flyers problem is they pay mediocre talent elite money in hopes that makes them elite. It doesn't.

By the way, speaking of paying mediocre talent, we're still paying Bryz, until 2027. I know he's far from the only example of the Flyers doing this, though. They have a shameful tradition in arrogance and stupidity, in doing this.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

The Flyers problem is they pay mediocre talent elite money in hopes that makes them elite. It doesn't.

Exactly. Paying high end talent what they're worth is a problem 100% of GMs are happy to deal with.

• Like 4

I just hope this is the missing piece to help send them towards eventually winning it all.

GQ25UKPXAAA7rQR.jpg.e10ac037a54bd3b23bb80b8b7f42c8d3.jpg

All i want before i leave this earth. A Stanley Cup win for the Flyers. 

• Like 1

Is this a rebuild? Is Michkov here? If the answer to both is yes, then do what ever it takes to get Lindstrom. Kopecny, Drysdale, the 12th and 31st for Caleb. First line center fo a decade.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Kevin Hayes is the text book definition of that. The two UFAs were Panaran and Hayes. The talent level was night and day. It was like, I'd like the Porsche but I settled for the Pinto.

Edited by RonJeremy

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

Kevin Hayes is the text book definition of that. The two UFAs were Panaran and Hayes. The talent level was night and day. It was like, I'd like the Porsche but I settled for the Pinto.

Hayes was the Pinto that had already been rear ended. 

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm preparing for something stupid to happen. 

You most likely don't have to wait too long.

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

4 hours ago, FD19372 said:

I want something to get happy and excited about, for this hockey team. Let me have that. 

By all means. Please be elated and enjoy 🍻

but Lindros? That’s a stretch for me. Tap the brakes a bit. Even though it ended awfully he was a talent that we haven’t seen since. If he played in todays NHL, where his melon didn’t have a bullseye on it, I could see a statue outside the complex

• Like 4

Hopefully we'll see more of Briere's vision at the draft this week because if the plan is Michkov is going to be the saviour and they aren't going to continue to build, then they're setting him up for failure.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

44 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Hopefully we'll see more of Briere's vision at the draft this week because if the plan is Michkov is going to be the saviour and they aren't going to continue to build, then they're setting him up for failure.

I pray every night that Danny B doesn't overvalue his assets and miss out on acquiring picks and prospects for the future. If he manages like they are a piece or 2 away then MM should just stay in Russia. We shall see in the next few days. 

Lets Go Oilers.