Michkov may be here this summer

Can't wait. Now i have to purchase the hockey package for next year.

City will be so excited to have him over finally. Flyers don't like to wait for ****.

Well, Fedotov can give the dude some brotherly support. The PHLY gang thinks this was known for some time but the team held off until the dots were crossed.  

It will be interesting to see if this intensifies the search for a playmaking center.   We will find out in coming weeks.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

It will be interesting to see if this intensifies the search for a playmaking center.   We will find out in coming weeks.  

Let's just hope they keep the eye on the prize...don't go signing a 30 year old C to win now. We already have that bad contract. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

BREAKING NEWS:

Matvei Michkov bench by John Tortorella for opening night with Michkov's family in attendance!!

The Flyer way got to start em off on the right foot!!!

You suck!!!!

LOL

😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Let's just hope they keep the eye on the prize...don't go signing a 30 year old C to win now. We already have that bad contract. 

Agreed 100 percent. But Briere and others in the front office are pulling fir the long term. Maybe they've learned from past mistakes.

• Like 2

This is a club with $800k of cap space. Obviously that will clear up once Johanson and Ellis get moved back to LTIR. However, the best thing the Flyers can do is......nothing. Personally, I'd play Michkov alongside Couturier and Farabee and let him do his magic. Couturier is clearly the defensive conscience and Farabee gets a chance to ramp up his offensive game. The next line to keep together is Foerster - Frost - Tippett. Those are the only concrete lines that remain. Laughton will probably be gone, so that means Cates fills the left wing spot. I suspect Krebs is the player from Buffalo that comes for Laughton and the right wing will probably be Brink. That leaves a final line of Lyksell - Poehling - Hathaway. Run with it. 

Notice there is no Konecny. That's by design. I'm convinced that they move him. If they wanted him signed, they would have done so by now. The Flyers didn't mess around in terms of long term deals and they try to knock those out quickly. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I suspect Krebs is the player from Buffalo that comes for Laughton and the right wing will probably be Brink

Krebs for Laughton straight up?

So if he comes over you have 3 wingers you need to find another location for it seems before even talking about who could even be called up.

So one or 2 need to go if they can find a taker for Atkinson at half price should help.

Or decide to ride with 14 forwards and 7 D.

Gurianov even makes more sense as a left shot than Cam i am not lobbying to bring him back just making a point.

you already have Foerster and Tippett playing on their off wing. Only so many spots for a RW to go.

6 hours ago, FD19372 said:

This is on par, dare I say maybe better, than the day Lindros became a Flyer. Michkov is that good, IMHO.

Let’s not get carried away

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Can't wait. Now i have to purchase the hockey package for next year.

City will be so excited to have him over finally. Flyers don't like to wait for ****.

Trade him now, his value will never be higher

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Uggh... 1

1 minute ago, CoachX said:

Trade him now, his value will never be higher

Nah can't trade him he is that swagger they are missing anyone else but him...

2 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Michkov coming over shouldn't alter the rebuild, but of course it will.

Michkov should make Konecny available, but I have a feeling they will be excited to have TWO talented right wings with no one to pass them the puck.

:hocky:

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Michkov coming over shouldn't alter the rebuild, but of course it will.

I think it may change how they operate at the draft. 

Maybe more big swings on players with center potential. 

I think it would be foolish to not let his presence affect the rebuild. 

I think it changes the Konecny math, maybe allows the best trade piece to be used. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I think it changes the Konecny math, maybe allows the best trade piece to be used. 

It should.

Dosvedanya.

😎

• Like 1