2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Just wait until they reach for their guy at 12. I'm looking forward to people losing their crap...lol

I'm concerned about these Hage reports. That's a HUGE reach at 12. 

Edited by jammer2

11 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Agreed. Was thinking the same thing. Also not fan of taking Brandsegg-nutsack, or Greenleaf at 12...and they might just go for one of those 3. If they do have to reach, then I prefer a Stolberg. But just pick a Catton/Helenius/Yakemchuck if they stay at 12. Dont reach.

• Like 1

For those wanting info ......

Michael Hage ...

https://thehockeywriters.com/michael-hage-2024-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/ 

I don't like this line .... "He could blossom into a second-line center who can play on both the penalty kill and the power play one day."

If Hage was just a little better defensively, he’d be going higher, in my opinion. He generates scoring chances with great stick work and makes plays at a high speed. I just think he needs to improve at giving a full effort in his own zone to round his game out a bit, but I think he has a good base that will make him a solid college player for a few years.” 

Steven Ellis, Dailyfaceoff

If I am drafting at #12 overall this is NOT the player I want.....

Edited by pilldoc

50 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I don’t know anything about him except he is ranked as the 10th best North American player available on NHL.com.  I assume this is a Central Scouting ranking.  He was #19 in the midterm.  That’s a pretty good jump.

https://www.nhl.com/events/draft-coverage-central

Edited by AlaskaFlyerFan

21 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

4 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

For those wanting info ......

Michael Hage ...

https://thehockeywriters.com/michael-hage-2024-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/ 

I don't like this line .... "He could blossom into a second-line center who can play on both the penalty kill and the power play one day."

If Hage was just a little better defensively, he’d be going higher, in my opinion. He generates scoring chances with great stick work and makes plays at a high speed. I just think he needs to improve at giving a full effort in his own zone to round his game out a bit, but I think he has a good base that will make him a solid college player for a few years.” 

Steven Ellis, Dailyfaceoff

If I am drafting at #12 overall this is NOT the player I want.....

You all know that Hage was rated the 10th best North American skater, right? 

As well, he's not the only 18 year old to hear about defense. Most of them need to improve. However, the kid played with a heavy heart this year when his dad died. I think he's a great character kid. But that's just me.

• Like 2

Just now, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

However, the kid played with a heavy heart this year when his dad died. I think he's a great character kid.

Did not know that .... that is sad.  Hard to really rate these players when we don't see them live.  All we have is what is written up.  You are correct, a vast majority of drafted players need to work on defense.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I'm okay if the plan is to trade back and pick up a 1st round next year. 

I can't say i can think of a player in that proximity worth another team doing that for, though.  But let me dream for a minute.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 2

I wonder how the Devils feel about Scott Neidermayer making the pick for the Ducks.  Alright, I don't wonder that much. Carry on. I know he won a Cup with them in 2007, but still...

Edited by FD19372