2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

But they want #12, #32, and next years Colorado pick...that's way too steep to move up 8 spots.

That is what i am saying can they not work out a player in place of 12 is all i am saying can Danny work on it up until the time to draft is what i am holding out for him to figure something out.

I trust them to know if it is worth it. If it leads to winning it all it all and hating it at first i can live with it.

Like when Eagles fans were pissed they drafted Brandon Graham over a safety they wanted at the time.

Graham helped win it all so it was a damn great pick forever to me!!!!

But if they hold tight and just take what the draft gives them well i am good with that because good players can be found.

But no matter what happens like @JR Ewing saying they HAVE to hit and nail that pick.

They had Matvei fall to them let's see what falls again is perfectly fine they have many needs.

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

It's steep, but as OR pointed out, that Colorado pick is going to be a middle to late round pick. None of these picks have much chance of being drastic franchise alterers and improvers, the way the #4 will.

It is risky as hell it is 3 years from now you lost your damn job bombing on this decision huge!!!

Just now, FD19372 said:

It's steep, but as OR pointed out, that Colorado pick is going to be a middle to late round pick. None of these picks have much chance of being drastic franchise alterers and improvers, the way the #4 will.

After Celebrini this draft is pretty controversial over who goes where. I'd rather have several shots (and especially next year in a deeper draft) than trust Flyer scouts who have proven they aren't that great to pick the right guy with one pick that cost 3. If it was more clear cut over who the 4th best player is I'd likely be more inclined to make the deal. 

With Flyer luck we'd take Lindstrom there and he'd have back issues his whole career. 

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 2

11 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

But they want #12, #32, and next years Colorado pick...that's way too steep to move up 8 spots.

Of course they could've had a top 4 pick this year & more picks next year if they would've done what they should've last season.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

With Flyer luck we'd take Lindstrom there and he'd have back issues his whole career. 

bro i almost threw up reading that exactly what i was thinking the other day...

just go in shooting for this...

2025-26

Demidov - Draisaitl - Michkov 

what could go wrong???

• Good Post 1

And this was the risk you run when the Flyers vastly overachieved this year.  I am not arguing that it was fun to see them win some games.  However, we ALL knew this team lacks in high end skill.  The only way to find those player are at the top of the draft.  Draft at #12 simply does not get you there.   Now here we are ....all of us scrambling to try to find a way to trade up.  This team should have taken its bumps.   As the old adage goes....not good enough to succeed in the playoffs and yet not sucky enough to get the high end players this team desperately needs .......   Agree with all ... Mitchkov was a gift last year.

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 3

Just now, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Just wait until they reach for their guy at 12. I'm looking forward to people losing their crap...lol

oh you know it is coming ......  we should know in about 3 hours from now.....

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Demidov - Draisaitl - Michkov

At what point do I wake up from this dream .....

I would love to have this happen ....however we all know this is nothing but a pipe dream.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

At what point do I wake up from this dream .....

I would love to have this happen ....however we all know this is nothing but a pipe dream.

Or would we best served to just wait for this

2025-26

Kaprizov - Michkov - Demidov

???

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Or would we best served to just wait for this

2025-26

Kaprizov - Michkov - Demidov

???

An all Russian top line ... who would have thought ....ol' Ed woiuld be rolling in his grave ... LOL

38 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I don't care. It's foolishness. I want volume. We've swung and missed so many times at our only at-bat.  Four first round picks in two years, you're bound to get lucky and get a fourth liner, even if you've already traded him to the Islanders.

After the top three  and possibly after the #1, there is no single player worth that kind of payment.  

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1

Just now, ruxpin said:

I don't care. It's foolishness. I want volume. We've swung and missed so many times at our only at-bat.  Four first round picks in two years, you're bound to get lucky and get a fourth liner, even if you've already traded him to the Islanders.

Yes we have swung and missed. We swung and missed at Nolan Patrick, with the #2 pick, but he had red flags all over him..and of course, the Flyers had to pick him. There are other good...or not so good, I guess, examples of their drafting futility. That being said, I still want to pick in the top 4.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

It is a ton to give up. I'm not disputing that. However, since the Flyers couldn't responsibly stink the rink up this season..I want to a player that can be great alongside of Michkov or at least no matter what we pick, has a great chance to be at least very good in the NHL. I want that #4. Feel free to disagree, but the more we take middle of the round picks, and not top 5.. the more we'll be a middling franchise at best. We got a damn lucky break last year, getting Michkov at 7. Damn Lucky.

Agree in principle, but the trade has to make sense. 

• Like 1