2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

Under zero circumstances do I take anyone with a back injury, especially if they're a bigger player. Three names that I can think of that were bigger players and were never the same after their back injuries - John LeClair, Martin Hanzal, and possibly Sean Couturier (the jury is still out, but admittedly, it's not looking good). 

• Good Post 2

Grier wants a Dman with this pick. Wouldn't surprise me to see him try to move up again.

We can package 11th + 53rd + Vegas 2025 1st(Hertl Trade) to Columbus for 4th overall. Go For Sam Dickenson or Zeev Buium

Hell, We have the caproom to take that awful Merzlikins contract off their hands too. We need to reach the cap floor. hell, Laine wants out and they are paying him a fortune at 8.7m, we could take him too. Tht would give Columbus room to sign Gaudreau's old pal Lindholm until Fantilli is ready to be #1 C

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Under zero circumstances do I take anyone with a back injury, especially if they're a bigger player. Three names that I can think of that were bigger players and were never the same after their back injuries - John LeClair, Martin Hanzal, and possibly Sean Couturier (the jury is still out, but admittedly, it's not looking good). 

This is why the Flyers medical staff is such a mystery in their lack of quality. The way the NHL endorses cross checks in the back you would think a top notch orthopeadic surgeon would be a must. Personally, I had low back surgery 20 years ago. Three herniated discs. Had the Daze surgery. All done by laser. Disc shave, calcium and rust removal, named after Eric Daze to try and save his quality of life. I only point this out in order to endorse your comments. We only have one spinal column. Once it's damaged it is very rare that it is ever the same again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

This is why the Flyers medical staff is such a mystery in their lack of quality. The way the NHL endorses cross checks in the back you would think a top notch orthopeadic surgeon would be a must. Personally, I had low back surgery 20 years ago. Three herniated discs. Had the Daze surgery. All done by laser. Disc shave, calcium and rust removal, named after Eric Daze to try and save his quality of life. I only point this out in order to endorse your comments. We only have one spinal column. Once it's damaged it is very rare that it is ever the same again.

I know first hand , I hurt my back at 30, a slight herniation of L5, it was all downhill after that. It got worse every year, had to get surgery . Do we know the extent of his back injury? Herniation, strain?  They now have disc replacement instead of just shaving down the herniated disc,which leaves you with less flexibility and chronic stiffness. Tiger Woods got disc replacement and was able to resume his career. If there is any doubt about his back, I would pass, I think next year's draft is supposed to have lots of centers. We will have a top ten pick because we won't overachieve again, our defense is weaker without Walker, we don't have Hart and especially if we trade Laughton and Konecny, then it may be a top five.

Apparently, Columbus offered the 4th pick for the Flyers 12th pick. 32nd pick, and the 2025 1st round pick they got from Colorado. If that's true, I don't know why he didn't take the deal, besides the fact that the ol' boy puppetmasters are still pulling the strings, more than some here think.

Obey your master.🤘

47 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Apparently, Columbus offered the 4th pick for the Flyers 12th pick. 32nd pick, and the 2025 1st round pick they got from Colorado. If that's true, I don't know why he didn't take the deal, besides the fact that the ol' boy puppetmasters are still pulling the strings, more than some here think.

Obey your master.🤘

2025 draft looks pretty deep compared to this year. I'd be hesitant to give up a 1st in 2025 but I might if it got me up to 4OA this year so I can snag Buium or Dickenson

I suspect Grier will be watching Utah and Ottawa for 6th and 7th depending on who goes top 5.

I watched a lot of tape on these guys and I get a lot of exposure to junior hockey working the Moosehead building, so I ask a lot of moose staff off-season for thoughts on prospects lol.

Buium and Dickenson are the best bets for a #1 dman

Silayev and Levshunov are both defense first transition guys who will not Quarterback nor triggerman a pp. High floors, but will be #2 or #3 shutdown guys with less offense.

Parekh is all offense but I would take him.

I'm soured on Yakemchuk as his bonehead decision making gives me bust feels

I'm also looking at late 1st rounders hoping Grier picks up more lol.

Ej Emery and Solberg look legit

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

According to the Flyers Twitter page (and to the surprise of no one), the Flyers are buying out the remainder of forward Cam Atkinson's contract, according to Flyers GM Danny Briere.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Obey your master.🤘

I don't know.  If I'm the Flyers, I don't do that.    From reports, Farabee was also involved.    My problem isn't Farabee; I'm fine with him included, but that's too many swings to give up.  Especially if the target is Lindstrom (back).  I think at this point I'd rather wait than trade up for either of Lindstrom or Demidov.   I'd be happy with one of the dmen available there, but I'm not sure I'm spending 3 first round picks on any of them.  Get me Chicago or Anaheim's pick (especially Chicago's) and I'll think long and hard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

I don't know.  If I'm the Flyers, I don't do that.    From reports, Farabee was also involved.    My problem isn't Farabee; I'm fine with him included, but that's too many swings to give up.  Especially if the target is Lindstrom (back).  I think at this point I'd rather wait than trade up for either of Lindstrom or Demidov.   I'd be happy with one of the dmen available there, but I'm not sure I'm spending 3 first round picks on any of them.  Get me Chicago or Anaheim's pick (especially Chicago's) and I'll think long and hard.

I would avoid Lindstrom, especially with that back issue..but I would do that deal to move up for Demidov.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Am I crazy in thinking the Flyers main need are a 1C or 1D and that a winger is less important?

You're not crazy for thinking that, but I think one of those needs can be addressed, later on. I want the best player available at that pick, or for them to move up for who they want. Yes, a #1 center or defenseman is very important, but they have a second pick in the first round.

14 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Center and defense is what we need, no point in having scoring wingers when there is no centers to set them up to score. Frost is the only playmaking center we have.

I think we are a better team moving forward with a new center and defenseman than we are with another winger when we already strong on the wing.

Yup. It's just about impossible to have too many good centres and defensemen.

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Anthony Di Marco on Twitter says the deal between the Blue Jackets and Flyers, for Columbus's 4th pick, is dead. 

So, what do we do now?

They stay where they are and they draft BPA. But there'll be teams looking to move up. Oh, just though I'd drop an interesting tidbit. Apparently, Michael Hage has met with the Flyers numerous times and they REALLY like him. Just something to watch out for.

23 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Anthony Di Marco on Twitter says the deal between the Blue Jackets and Flyers, for Columbus's 4th pick, is dead. 

So, what do we do now?

We go home thankful the Flyers didn't do something insanely stupid.  And now go and make some smart picks.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings
Twisting your mind and smashing your dreams

....ain't this the truth ....... (sigh)

(Master, master)
Where's the dreams that I've been after?
(Master, master)
Promised only lies
(Laughter, laughter)
All I hear or see is laughter
(Laughter, laughter)
Laughing at my cries

:rock:

• Good Post 2

1 minute ago, Cheesesteak said:

(Master, master)
(Master, master)
Promised only lies
(Laughter, laughter)
(Laughter, laughter)
Laughing at my cries

You know we all may get a chuckle out of this .... however... looking at this more closely..

these lyrics literally are spot on.  Well done!

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

7 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

I’ll definitely take Lindstrom as long as they make sure his back is OK. We don’t need another Nolan Patrick situation. Silayev can be our new Pronger, either one will be great for the team. They said we offered next years Colorado pick, the #12 and a roster player, probably Farabee. I think they want our pick which is gonna be a top ten, if that’s the case it’s too much. I also wouldn’t give them Konecny as the roster player. I’d rather trade Konecny for another first round pick and get Catton, Yakemchuck or Sennecke.

25 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

(Master, master)
(Master, master)
Promised only lies
(Laughter, laughter)
(Laughter, laughter)
Laughing at my cries

Saw the Tour for Puppets. They backed up Ozzy at Joe Louis Arena. Great show.

• Like 3