2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

17 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Jacob Chychrun is in the final year of his deal and plays the left side, where the Flyers are already loaded with defensemen there.

I'd rather take Jacob back he can play the right or the left side and is a year younger than Chabot.

1 minute ago, FD19372 said:

I think the Flyers are going to move up to #7, and draft Michkov's KHL teammate, Demidov.

I'm always nervous about Russian players. For every Ovechkin you have ten Zherdevs,Yakopovs Kovalevs and Bryzgalovs. I've seen so many of these guys with all the natural talent just float and put in the effort only when they feel like it. I really don't know why we would trade up for a winger, when we need centers and defenseman much more. We are strongest on the wings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I'm always nervous about Russian players. For every Ovechkin you have ten Zherdevs,Yakopovs Kovalevs and Bryzgalovs. I've seen so many of these guys with all the natural talent just float and put in the effort only when they feel like it. I really don't know why we would trade up for a winger, when we need centers and defenseman much more. We are strongest on the wings.

There's choices under 30, in free agency, at center.

7 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Michkov's KHL teammate, Demidov.

I don't see him sliding that far to be honest...but we'll see.

All i know if he comes over they have decisions to be made with 13 forwards already under contract.

Guess we'll see they unveil some of what they plan on doing at the draft i guess.

I enjoy them not having any leaks and us just finding out when they see fit for us to know.

I imagine some more secrecy from them for a few more weeks if not longer...need something exciting to talk about recently besides the same ol same ol.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I think the Flyers are going to move up to #7, and draft Michkov's KHL teammate, Demidov.

I doubt he lasts til 7th...but then neither should have Michkov. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I don't see him sliding that far to be honest...but we'll see

Yeah, he's going maybe as late as fourth; top 5, anyway. 

I don't think they're wisely drafting if they take a winger.  In a pretend world, if he's still there at 12, then he's absolutely BPA, and you have to do it.  It creates other options at that point. It probably makes Farabee a forget Flyer. 

I also share your suspicion of high Russian draft picks.  When they're good, they're super good. If they're not..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Me either, but what i do know is, the Flyers cap is kinda foocakta until 2026. That's when Hayes retention and I think Bryz buyout come off also Ellis' contract becomes a moveable entity. I think the money is cheaper than the cap hit at that time, so cap floor teams may be interested. So if a taking back a  not great contract allows for other assets to be acquired. CRAZY Danny's contract emporium is OPEN baby!!!!! all you need is a first-round pick!

I thought the Flyers are going to have almost $35 million in cap space available after the 2024 - 2025 season......

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I doubt he lasts til 7th...but then neither should have Michkov. 

I wonder how much geopolitics will continue to make clubs nervous.  You're right:  that could cause a drop to 7.

I don't know. I really want C/D in this draft, but i suppose there's still next year for that.  I would guess we'll have a single digit first next year

4 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Voracek played off wing and he would skate in circles and never shoot, maybe he can coach the young guys. 😆 

Briere played with Voracek. Nepotism still runs deep on the Flyers. 

Don't give them any ideas! 😁

Wait, should I be laughing? 🤔

• Haha 1

Just now, ruxpin said:

I wonder how much geopolitics will continue to make clubs nervous.  You're right:  that could cause a drop to 7.

I don't know. I really want C/D in this draft, but i suppose there's still next year for that.  I would guess we'll have a single digit first next year

I want the same...but if that talent falls to us you take it. He's not falling to 12 though...that I'd bet the farm on.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

There's choices under 30, in free agency, at center.

Yeah Reinhart is 28, probably wants 10 million for 7-8 years. We don't have the money and he does not fit I'm the age/timeline for the rebuild. We are already stuck with a washed up Coots for 6 more years. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Briere played with Voracek. Nepotism still runs deep on the Flyers. 

Don't give them any ideas! 😁

Wait, should I be laughing? 🤔

You should be quaking in fear. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I didn't think it's a good idea to have players play on their off wing at all. And it's not like it takes a couple of games for guys to adjust. Foerster might have been ok defensively on his off wing, but it took until the second half of the session before his offensive game came around. 

And you especially don't do something like that during training camp or the regular season. You let guys know at the beginning of the off season what the plan is. We should consider it lucky that Foerster has turned out as well as he has because that could have REALLY backfired on the Flyers.

Yeah, some guys can do it, but most struggle. Yeah, you get the benefit of a better shooting angle in the offensive zone, but everything else is more difficult. The defensive zone? Ha! Forget about it.

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/philadelphia-flyers/yearly

Just shy of $35 million. They'll be signing some really good players.

By then Uncle Gary will have a plan in place so the Flyers won't able to take advantage of the cap circumvention (Mark Stone rule) and like IR guys like Coots or Tippett or some higher paid player so they will have extra cap space before the deadline. We know it...

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I thought the Flyers are going to have almost $35 million in cap space available after the 2024 - 2025 season......

Kaprizov will be going into the last year of his contract...

..just saying...UFA after 25-26...as of now...another reason why you don't reup with TK right now...

7 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

per Capfriendly, $1.6mm until ‘26-27 but it shows $0 cap hit.  Huh?

Compliance buyout to let the owners get out of stupid contracts they gave out in the name of fiscal stability.

Or something.

On 6/23/2024 at 7:51 AM, flyercanuck said:

I'm going to guess at 19 years of age he's played every forward position. Like I said, if you have to move someone, you don't do it with your highly touted, best prospect we've seen in so long, its pathetic.

His previous team (SKA) was run by an idiot who got the job through nepotism and that worked as well there as it has in Philly. 

Agreed...new country, new language, without friends and relatives. Let the kid have the one thing he knows and run with it. Some things transcend the actual game. Strange unfamiliar stuff everywhere he turns. The kid being happy and emotionally stable is super important. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Yeah, I dont see any world where Demi makes it past Montreal at #5.

• Like 2

On 6/21/2024 at 4:46 PM, RonJeremy said:

Yeah,society in general is a lot different in that respect. There are very few of those tough kids any more, the Tkachuck brothers are classic old school, but not too many players like them are around these days.

Their father was a rich rough nosed hockey player lol

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Yeah, I dont see any world where Demi makes it past Montreal at #5.

Fans in Montreal would lynch the GM after he left Michkov sitting there last year.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Who now can't walk past a Dunkin Donuts without grabbing a quick dozen.

Me. I'm a Krispy Kreme man...DD can't touch their doughnuts in my opinion at all...

• Good Post 1