2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

3)What special attributes does he have besides eating minutes? What skill is he exceptional at?

I always hesitate to disagree with you, but I actually think his skating and his puck smarts in the defensive end is above average, as is his hockey IQ.  The power play quarterback was silly marketing.   He's good back there, but they also need more talent upfront before it matters (an opinion that probably supports trading him for that, but I would not).  The problem is he has a sneaky shot, but he doesn't have the type of shot that makes a PK defender back off so that it buys time for York to create.  No one will (or should) confuse him with Lindstrom or Bourque, or even John Carlson.   But I still think he's a 1A or 2nd pair.   I don't move that for a defenseman that might actually (not likely; "might") be available at 12 anyway.   If it's not, I pick from among the other options not named Eiserman.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm not even sure what Flyer hockey is anymore....but I'm pretty sure I don't want anyone on my team playing it. 😉

To me...Flyer hockey is the famous Fred Shero quote "arrive at the net with the puck and in ill humor". 

Its walking the line between intimidating, smash your teeth Hockey with some skill sprinkled in.....lol. If you could combine Bobby Clarke, Dave Brown and Rod Brindamour the outcome would be the living embodiment of Flyer Hockey. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

If you could combine Bobby Clarke, Dave Brown and Rod Brindamour the outcome would be the living embodiment of Flyer Hockey. 

You'd also have way too many arms and legs to be effective.   more appendages than teeth, that's for sure.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

You'd also have way too many arms and legs to be effective.   more appendages than teeth, that's for sure.

The ability to flash an iconic, toothless smile while winking at an adoring nation....CHECK! 

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

Because he isn't worth that contract is mostly why not exactly free. Well unless they buy him out.

True, his stats don't support 3 mill plus...but damn, he showed UP in the playoffs. 16 games, 6 goals (2 game winners) and 2 assists. Cant really ask for more from a 3rd line guy. 

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Hutson at 51 is a really nice value. At that point, the warts are outweighed by specific elite skills. Well worth the gamble there! Helinus and O'Reilly would be a nice 1st rd haul. Another Knight...yes...there is a reason they produce SO many stars...sign me up! 

I see a lot of mocks with Petterson at 31 or 32...thoughts?

Edited by jammer2

18 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Hutson at 51 is a really nice value. At that point, the warts are outweighed by specific elite skills. Well worth the gamble there! Helinus and O'Reilly would be a nice 1st rd haul. Another Knight...yes...there is a reason they produce SO many stars...sign me up! 

I see a lot of mocks with Petterson at 31 or 32...thoughts?

I love the Swedes. Petterssen or Eriksson works for me. These are kids playing against men and holding their own. They're also well developed in all facets of the game. You can never have enough fundamentally sound players in your system/pipeline. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

True, his stats don't support 3 mill plus...but damn, he showed UP in the playoffs. 16 games, 6 goals (2 game winners) and 2 assists. Cant really ask for more from a 3rd line guy. 

Oh yeah he'll find a home but not at that price. Guys like him are good additions to the bottom 6.

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

well seems i was wrong he was claimed by the Sharks the team that gave him his start to the NHL.

Guess they have money to burn and well another good draft pick to acquire later...

9 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

well seems i was wrong he was claimed by the Sharks the team that gave him his start to the NHL.

Guess they have money to burn and well another good draft pick to acquire later...

Had a feeling he would go fairly high...but yeah, had to be a team with money to burn. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Non Flyers but PLD is a Capital...for Kuemper...and NO salary retained by Kings!!

11 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Non Flyers but PLD is a Capital...for Kuemper...and NO salary retained by Kings!!

I'm guessing this is the end for Backstrom. I'm wondering if this also means that Strome is done in Washington....

28 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

PLD is a Capital

WTF are they smoking in Washington?

That is a terrible contract and trade for them.

Good.

Blake got out of that crap deal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

To me...Flyer hockey is the famous Fred Shero quote "arrive at the net with the puck and in ill humor". 

Its walking the line between intimidating, smash your teeth Hockey with some skill sprinkled in.....lol. If you could combine Bobby Clarke, Dave Brown and Rod Brindamour the outcome would be the living embodiment of Flyer Hockey. 

Oh sure, I remember Flyers hockey. It's just that it happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. 

There's nobody currently on the Flyers who were alive to see Flyers hockey. Pretty sure they think it means missing the playoffs for 2 years, then out in the 1st round the next. Wash, rinse, repeat.

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

18 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Oh sure, I remember Flyers hockey. It's just that it happened a long time ago in a galaxy far far away. 

It happened before that. 🤣

In my mind I see them making something like a current Carolina team, which would be fun to watch and "has a legit chance."

I also think in their mind Michkov immediately makes them "a playoff team."

To which I'll point out that it took Overchicken more than a decade to win his ONE Cup.

Caps won one. Canes.. might?

I still see the Sharks and the Blackhawks with a better shot of making a Conference Final before the Flyers get out of the second round.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Interesting. Doesn't say for who though 

If I am trading with the Sens then #7 of this years draft has to be in play or I walk away. 

image.png.72ea0856ff182f102cdafd6ec5543aab.png

Obviously Stutzle / Tkachuck / Batherson are not in play.  Really not interested in Shane Pinto who I see as a middle 6 forward.  He was 3rd line with Sens last year.

image.png.6091d31db3eb6f79126abe67c7028e99.png

Sens are not giving up Sanderson or Chabot.  Could Chychrun be on the move and would he part of the rebuild??

No gonna waste my breath on the goalies .......

IMO ....the Sens #6 has to be in play or like I said ....I walk away.

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

IMO ....the Sens #6 has to

What if, and hear me out here, they're able to bring back a legendary name who can really harken back to the glory days of Flyer Hockey and serve as an inspirational figure to the fans and the room?

image.gif

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

What if, and hear me out here, they're able to bring back a legendary name who can really harken back to the glory days of Flyer Hockey and serve as an inspirational figure to the fans and the room?

image.gif

So we're sending the 12th pick AND Michkov for Claude? 

#FlyerHockey

• Uggh... 1

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

image.gif

Rhymes with shoe, wants to play with the red headed wonder he was shipped out of town for? This sounds like Fletcher 2.0 move...lol.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

image.gif

image.gif.2a0b1caf950fc1b9fc585aac72a6d71e.gif

10 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

So we're sending the 12th pick AND Michkov for Claude? 

#FlyerHockey

That would be a typical Fletcher move ....and a royal kick in the nuts .......  

2 hours ago, radoran said:

image.gif

I'm okay with that if the Sens #6 comes with him.

17 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Flyer hockey has been boring, uninspired and unwatchable for the past 13-14 years . I'd love too see us get an exciting dman like Yakemchuck, the crowd would enjoy him hammering people with big checks and scoring some big PP goals.  If it came down to Catton or Helenius, I'd think Catton would bring more excitement and skill to the team and could be lethal with Michkov and Foerster on the off wing and with Yakemchuck on the  point. If that doesn't fix the PP nothing will.

Agreed. One of those three are my top "somewhat realistic" picks at 12. For me it's Catton1, Yakemchuck2, Helenius3. Really close between Yakemchuck and Helenius. Catton is really special. With Yakemchuck I feel he has a ceiling that is off the charts if he hits, but also alot of concern. If he flops then he is an attard/risto type, but if he hits he's got all the tools to be a world beater. Someone said here that he is a Matthew Tkachuck on defense...my question with him is his personality, his mind. Apparently he is not the most confident person (athletic hockey podcast from the combine). And you can have all the tools, but if his head (confidence and decision making) doesn't follow he will never put the tools in use at a level we all wish for. But all that said, I would be over the moon if the Flyers picked him.

13 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Interesting. Doesn't say for who though 

Crap. I fear their 1st rounder is not in play, bit it's a Chychryn deal centered around one of Konecny/Frost/Farabee.