2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

20 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If Catton was over 6 feet he'd likely go 2nd overall. You don't get those guys picking 12th. 

Do they make Lifts for skates? :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, SCFlyguy said:

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Ok , fake NYer.  In your infinite wisdom what centers have better natural playmaking skill? Oh is it Coots,  Laughton or Poehling?  You have been stifled, now go home and get your shine box.

34 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Ok , fake NYer.  In your infinite wisdom what centers have better natural playmaking skill? Oh is it Coots,  Laughton or Poehling?  You have been stifled, now go home and get your shine box.

The point is that they are all not good enough to get where the Flyers supposedly want to go so it doesn't matter who's "better".

You're sitting there arguing of which is the best piece of #### in a field of manure.

Understand just what it is you're shining there.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

The point is that they are all not good enough to get where the Flyers supposedly want to go so it doesn't matter who's "better".

You're sitting there arguing of which is the best piece of #### in a field of manure.

Understand just what it is you're shining there.

Is that not the reality of this team? As of this moment Frost is the best playmaker and one of the most naturally skilled guys on the team. It's like at 3am in the bar, the six actually looks like a ten, because thats all thats there. Until we get better players who can actually contribute now, this fact will not change.  If you owned a Ford and wanted a BMW, do you get rid of your Ford before you acquire the BMW and then have nothing? And no one is trading in a BMW for a Ford, so for now, we are stuck with what we have. That is actually the argument. The truth is not a foolish statement. So let's name our centers right now with a higher skill level than Frost...

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes, I was wondering if I could trade my Ford in for a BMW?  😁

Ford-for-All: These Are the 20 Best Ford Cars of All Time

You can ,I heard Chuck Fletcher is managing a BMW dealership 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

OOHHH 😳

Goodfellas Billy Batts

Edited by Cheesesteak

On 6/3/2024 at 11:09 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Konecny for Stankoven???

Is Pavelski done or coming back for year 40?

I just want to get younger and adding pieces 

But the Stars window is open they still need more off their right side.

More can be added to it for a few players if they want.

spitballin

Well well Joe retired answered my question....Travis pack your bags you like hot dry climate???

See you at the air port Logan!!!

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well well Joe retired answered my question....Travis pack your bags you like hot dry climate???

See you at the air port Logan!!!

It better be a LOT more than Logan Stankoven coming back on that deal.

A. LOT.

🤔

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, radoran said:

It better be a LOT more than Logan Stankoven coming back on that deal.

A. LOT.

🤔

yeah it is just the initial are you interested maybe we can do business phone call.

it has to start somewhere. Bump Seguin down to the 2nd line.

Roberston - Hintz - Konecny

Marchment - Duchene - Seguin

top 6. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

yeah it is just the initial are you interested maybe we can do business phone call.

They do have Benn coming off his $9.5M deal next season and Robertson-Hintz-Konecny c/should be an amazing line for 3-5 years at least.

Just not sure what else they're getting back from Dallas. Get a third team in there!

:hocky:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

Just not sure what else they're getting back from Dallas.

I'd take Nils Lundkvist back in the deal too.

I'd even be willing to work something out if they wanted to free up some cap space maybe they just don't have any draft picks the next 2 years besides a 1st in 2024 or 2025.

So sure maybe you could offer to take Suter's last year on his deal for 3.65 mill.

But as you said what would come back to help with this??

They do have Mavrik Bourque as another young center not sure if they want to move both those kids.

Lundkvist needs a new deal Bourque is in last year of his entry level contract.

Stankoven and Christian Kyrou (2 yrs on ETC) back? Weaponize the cap space for Suter back as a vet for the last year of his deal then maybe move him at the deadline for ????

21 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Reminder: The dude that said that got the hell beat out of him and died horribly. 

I'm just breakin' your balls here...let's have a drink. 

It was a great scene.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I'd take Nils Lundkvist back in the deal too.

I'd even be willing to work something out if they wanted to free up some cap space maybe they just don't have any draft picks the next 2 years besides a 1st in 2024 or 2025.

So sure maybe you could offer to take Suter's last year on his deal for 3.65 mill.

But as you said what would come back to help with this??

They do have Mavrik Bourque as another young center not sure if they want to move both those kids.

Lundkvist needs a new deal Bourque is in last year of his entry level contract.

Stankoven and Christian Kyrou (2 yrs on ETC) back? Weaponize the cap space for Suter back as a vet for the last year of his deal then maybe move him at the deadline for ????

I think this is some creative thinking.

I'm wondering how much the Stars value Lundkvist? 

He was in the DeBoer chateau de bow-wow for much of the last 2 months and did he even play in the playoffs?

Maybe the Flyers would be buying low for a change.

I don't know about Christian Kyrou, but I think Bourque and Stankoven are the same player almost.

I do think this is a place where Konecny could be traded though. Good thinking 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

He was in the DeBoer chateau de bow-wow for much of the last 2 months and did he even play in the playoffs?

he played in 12 of the 19 playoff games they played in.

Not sure how they feel about him or even Stankoven.

But is why i suggested Kyrou in exchange for Lundkvist or argument sake.

But yes they/we must get creative if you want a kid back who could lock down the pivot spot.

Borque is a year older than Stankoven and was also a 1st round pick Logan was a 2nd.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Reminder: The dude that said that got the hell beat out of him and died horribly. 

I found it an interesting character to take on as a persona.

🤣

5 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

E3?

I hope not at all seems like if you are intent on moving Frost there has to be a better option out there coming back. Has to be.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't know about Christian Kyrou, but I think Bourque and Stankoven are the same player almost.

I like Kyrou. That's a really good offensive defenseman with some bite to his game, even though he isn't the biggest. 

I also like Mavrik Bourque. An incredible playmaker with good goal scoring prowess. He also fits the skating, skill, smarts you want from a player. He would be a REAL good fit with Foerster and Tippett. 

I'd also hope the Flyers could secure the Stars first for a second only if the Flyers get the Columbus 2nd round pick this year (which I'm suspecting Waddell will probably do that because he'll want to clear the deck of anything owing from previous management) and the Flyers can give Dallas pick 51. 

30 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sabres Summer Trade Target – Morgan Frost

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/buffalo-sabres/latest-news/sabres-summer-trade-target-morgan-frost

For Peyton Krebs are you fuggin kidding me??

No way Danny makes this move right???

There would be more coming back. And I don't think we'd be looking at a 1 for 1 deal. It would probably be Krebs, Savoie or Kulich and either a 2nd or 3rd for Frost and Laughton. Buffalo wants Laughton badly, so it only makes sense that there will be an overpay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I'm just breakin' your balls here...let's have a drink. 

It was a great scene.

The guy who took the beating was Billy Batts  aka William Bentvina a Gambino guy. No, no you insulted him a little bit...drinks are on the house. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Sabres Summer Trade Target – Morgan Frost

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/buffalo-sabres/latest-news/sabres-summer-trade-target-morgan-frost

For Peyton Krebs are you fuggin kidding me??

No way Danny makes this move right???

I have no problem with it. I think we get something more than Krebs, who i like. 

Maybe get the 4th back, as well. Or Byram?   Benson would be to much, I think. 

Krebs, pick for Frost?  

Yeah, why not.

9 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

There would be more coming back. And I don't think we'd be looking at a 1 for 1 deal. It would probably be Krebs, Savoie or Kulich and either a 2nd or 3rd for Frost and Laughton. Buffalo wants Laughton badly, so it only makes sense that there will be an overpay.

I forgot about them and Laughton.

Any interest in Benson?