2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

7 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Saw the Tour for Puppets. They backed up Ozzy at Joe Louis Arena. Great show.

I didn't get to see them with Cliff.

Lucky dog.

I wonder if Laughton and 32 does it for Ottawa? or do you think they want 12? which is fine too.

3 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Apparently, Columbus offered the 4th pick for the Flyers 12th pick. 32nd pick, and the 2025 1st round pick they got from Colorado. If that's true, I don't know why he didn't take the deal, besides the fact that the ol' boy puppetmasters are still pulling the strings, more than some here think.

Obey your master.🤘

Definitely saying no to giving up either 25 pick to move up in this one.

Have a roster player and 32 or 12 but ****off if another team wants a 2025.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Anthony Di Marco on Twitter says the deal between the Blue Jackets and Flyers, for Columbus's 4th pick, is dead. 

So, what do we do now?

I really think the Sharks should jump in and offer to take that Merzlikins Contract. hell, if they want to dump Laine's 9 million for 2 more years to go sign Gaudreau's UFA buddy Lindholm, i'd do that too lol.

Sharks Give Blackwood (1 year left at 2.3mil) and 11th OA + 53OA for Columbus Getting out of 3 more years of Merzlikins at 5.3 mil + 4OA

Then we Draft Zeev Buium 4th and cross our fingers that on of EJ Emery, Dominic Badinka or Charlie Elick  is still there at 33OA

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Saw the Tour for Puppets. They backed up Ozzy at Joe Louis Arena. Great show.

I saw them in 1992 / 94 at the Allentown Fairgrounds both shows were fantastic! :)

1992 Setlist:

image.thumb.png.b872b5042cf5ce06bcebd33d5d49a01b.png  

1994 Set List:

image.thumb.png.9682da9d69c46deed63247016b43536b.png

image.png.b5740fdf60e5f05cd56d5eb4724cc68e.png

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Then we Draft Zeev Buium 4th

rumor is the Flyers were doing this for him for real what i just heard...so might be why it was dead...

they both want the same guy...

im supposed to go to my in laws tonight for the Canada day weekend.

Little do they know im bringing a quart of Vodka and hijacking their TV at draft time.

No matter what happens with the 11OA pick, this is the first time the sharks have ever drafted #1 OA, its a no brainer slam dunk and im going to be basking in the afterglow.

Speaking of Afterglow, im still laughing at a prank I played 3 days ago. I did the below prank on one of my office buddies. I set a windows update screensaver on his PC for like 4 hours. He never figured it out until someone clued him in after I went home. HOURS. He sat there glowering at the PC, complaining out loud and working off his phone while i tried not to bust a gut.

He was so mad HAHAHAHAHA. I know he's going to get me back. We prank each other relentlessly, but he's a bit embarrassed he fell for this one

Edited by J0e Th0rnton
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

14 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I didn't get to see them with Cliff.

Lucky dog.

I wonder if Laughton and 32 does it for Ottawa? or do you think they want 12? which is fine too.

Was hoping a package of our players for their 1st and we keep 12...but seems unrealistic. None of their players interest me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Little do they know im bringing a quart of Vodka and hijacking their TV at draft time.

Mary Jane is stopping by to let me tell her what she is watching during the draft i hope i am happy afterwards!!!

😵‍💫

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jammer2 said:

Was hoping a package of our players for their 1st and we keep 12...but seems unrealistic. None of their players interest me. 

Agreed .....  I posted something to this effect the other day.  That is why I really wanted the Flyers to deal with Buffalo and try to get their #11 pick along with the Flyers #12 ... I would have been happy.   However with Buffalo trading that pick to SJ and a deal with the Blue Jackets seemingly now dead .... I guess the Flyers are stuck at #12.

I wonder whether Demidov's height and weight measurements at the combine makes him a more realistic fit as a Center and that's why the Flyers are aggressively going after the 4th overall pick to pair him as a c with Michkov and not wing?

Everyone thought he was 5"11 184 (ish) but he came in at 6"0 1/2 192

15 minutes ago, ctid said:

I wonder whether Demidov's height and weight measurements at the combine makes him a more realistic fit as a Center and that's why the Flyers are aggressively going after the 4th overall pick to pair him as a c with Michkov and not wing?

what is this fascination of putting a square peg in a round hole????

Not saying it can't be done ...but yet again the Flyers want to change a players natural position ......   this is not new information here....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ctid said:

An inch difference doesn't mean whether you can play centre or not. It's whether you can actually play centre. Way tougher position to play than wing. 

When you have a guy as talented as Demidov, and he's a wing, it's likely cause he's not comfortable at centre. 

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

And besides, I'm way too excited for this draft to start so updating all news feeds constantly and fishing for any sort of new content :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

image.jpeg.0e1220a8518e49964193ad1396ac405e.jpeg

I'm watching Miracle, with Kurt Russell. Applicable in the sense that'll be another Miracle, if the Flyers don't screw up the draft.🤞My fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Definitely saying no to giving up either 25 pick to move up in this one.

Have a roster player and 32 or 12 but ****off if another team wants a 2025.

Heck, I would give up one of the 24 picks for more 25 picks.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

For me, some destiny changing TV.

Not sure about everyone else lol

Who's Destiny?  Is she cute?

5 hours ago, FD19372 said:

Apparently, Columbus offered the 4th pick for the Flyers 12th pick. 32nd pick, and the 2025 1st round pick they got from Colorado. If that's true, I don't know why he didn't take the deal, besides the fact that the ol' boy puppetmasters are still pulling the strings, more than some here think.

Obey your master.🤘

Three first round picks to move up to #4.  Not only no…but HAIL NO!!  I’m glad that deal fell apart.  That’s way too much to give up.  

• Like 2
  • Good Post 2

20 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Heck, I would give up one of the 24 picks for more 25 picks.

This.  Been thinking along these lines myself.

If Catton or Helenius are sitting there or one of the Dmen fall that's not named Yakemchuk, I draft.  Otherwise, I'm looking to see what I can get for the pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Three first round picks to move up to #4.  Not only no…but HAIL NO!!  I’m glad that deal fell apart.  That’s way too much to give up.  

It is a ton to give up. I'm not disputing that. However, since the Flyers couldn't responsibly stink the rink up this season..I want to a player that can be great alongside of Michkov or at least no matter what we pick, has a great chance to be at least very good in the NHL. I want that #4. Feel free to disagree, but the more we take middle of the round picks, and not top 5.. the more we'll be a middling franchise at best. We got a damn lucky break last year, getting Michkov at 7. Damn Lucky.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

I want that #4.

Me too.

They might not have a chance again.

I'd rather give up 32nd and the Avs pick next season which will be 22nd-32nd.

And maybe a player/prospect now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Me too.

They might not have a chance again.

I'd rather give up 32nd and the Avs pick next season which will be 22nd-32nd.

And maybe a player/prospect now.

But they want #12, #32, and next years Colorado pick...that's way too steep to move up 8 spots.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

But they want #12, #32, and next years Colorado pick...that's way too steep to move up 8 spots.

It's steep, but as OR pointed out, that Colorado pick is going to be a middle to late round pick. None of these picks have much chance of being drastic franchise alterers and improvers, the way the #4 will.

• Good Post 1