2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

4 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Your statement is wrong. 

@FD19372

Whoa, I'm sorry.  I was hurriedly typing on my phone.   This was supposed to say, "your statement isn't wrong."

• Like 2

So, I'm Buffalo...scoop the playoff warrior Goodrow for free off waivers or give up the 11th pick for Ehlers or Laughton....lol, think we all know the answer.

53 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

11th pick for Ehlers or Laughton....lol, think we all know the answer.

11th to Philly

Ehlers to Buffalo

Konecny to Winnipeg

Framework. More involved?

image.gif

36 minutes ago, radoran said:

11th to Philly

Ehlers to Buffalo

Konecny to Winnipeg

image.gif

11th, Perfetti, cap dumps (Skinner?)to Philadelphia

Ehlers, Laughton to Buffalo

Konecny, Jokiharju to Winnipeg

Everybody wins all around. Buffalo clears cap space by moving on from Skinner and they open up a spot on the defense for one of the guys from Rochester to step up. Winnipeg gets that right winger to play with Scheifele and gets a fairly young defenseman coming into his own. The Flyers get the 11th and a young center to add to roster. They can also keep Skinner or flip him elsewhere.

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

11th, Perfetti, cap dumps (Skinner?)to Philadelphia

Ehlers, Laughton to Buffalo

Konecny, Jokiharju to Winnipeg

Everybody wins all around. Buffalo clears cap space by moving on from Skinner and they open up a spot on the defense for one of the guys from Rochester to step up. Winnipeg gets that right winger to play with Scheifele and gets a fairly young defenseman coming into his own. The Flyers get the 11th and a young center to add to roster. They can also keep Skinner or flip him elsewhere.

I'm totally ok with this ....  Flyers keep #12 and add #11 overall.  From the his Draft year guide ....  RE: Cole Perfetti

"Perfetti’s skating is also among the best in the class and it’s highlighted by his lateral quickness and balance that let him make plays with little space. There’s definitely room to grow as far as straight-line speed is concerned, but that’s not likely to impact his ability to produce offensively. Perfetti’s offensive ability is among the best in the entire class. For a team looking to add a potential top-line scorer, they could certainly do worse than the Spirit forward. He may not be the most well-rounded forward as far as 200-foot ability is concerned, but the offensive instincts should be enough to make up for that."

At the time he needed to improve upon his physicality and defensive awareness.

Skinner is a throw in who I would try to flip.

2 hours ago, radoran said:

11th to Philly

Ehlers to Buffalo

Konecny to Winnipeg

image.gif

Ok. I can get behind this.

7 hours ago, radoran said:

11th to Philly

Ehlers to Buffalo

Konecny to Winnipeg

image.gif

Looks ok...but Buffalo, looking to make the playoffs, could just add Goodrow for free....just placed on waivers. That would throw a wrench in those plans. Let's see if someone scoops him up before 11th spot tomorrow. 

The more I think about it, the more I want Noah Ostlund from Buffalo rather than the 11th pick. If Catton and Lindstrom are gone, Noah meets our immediate needs much more than the 11th pick would provide. Everything I've read about this kid says he has 1C talent. He was the Sabres 1st rd pick in 2022. He has Thompson and Cozens blocking him at the NHL level and Benson and Kuluich (Sabres #2 prospect) and Savoie (Sabres #3) prospect, both centers blocking him. 

Ostlund is the #5 Sabres prospect...keep in mind, hes #5 on the 1st or 2nd best prospect pool in the NHL, depending on who you read. 

Dobber had Ostlund ranked 36 in January, and moved up to 28 in February. Size, skill, skating and scored 26 pts playing against men last year as a 19 yr old. 

This makes perfect sense to me. 

• Like 1

I dont think this is the draft to sit tight and let it fall to you. This is the draft where you get aggressive and reshape your future. Get Catton in the building. Move from 12 to 5-7ish  by using York to move up. Most will laugh at this...but the truth is, York is mid...at best. Drafted to be THE pp QB of the future...nope...he sucks doing that. Great skater....nope...mid. Great in his own zone? Nope...mid. What he can do is eat minutes...which is valuable...to a point. Give me Catton, take away York and let Seeler take his minutes. 

A dependable top 4 Dman should allow you to go from 12 to 5-6. 

If not, wait be patient and if Catton is within 3-4 picks away...trade Farabee and a 2nd to move up. Think outside the box. We get Catton paired with Michkov, we are MUCH closer to a championship than before the draft. If it costs York (aka Mr.mid) or Farabee and a 2nd...💰 well spent!

• Like 1

In review....

1)York and #12 for Catton

2)Konency for Ostlund and a serviceable Dman to replace York.

There you have it...our 1st and 2nd line Centers for the next decade. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't understand the York hate. He's a super smart player and he's a minute-eating defenseman. Those players are incredibly valuable. I guess I have a differing opinion on York.

I admit I'm not a fan of York. I did acknowledge eating minutes is valuable...just very replaceable also. 

Here are the questions that apply to York in my opinion.

1)Is he a top 4 defenseman on a Championship team?

2)Could he play top 4 for Edmonton or Florida, the current finalists?

3)What special attributes does he have besides eating minutes? What skill is he exceptional at?

I dunno...he strikes me as the kind of guy that you win in spite of his play...not because of it. 

Edited by jammer2

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I dont think this is the draft to sit tight and let it fall to you. This is the draft where you get aggressive and reshape your future. Get Catton in the building. Move from 12 to 5-7ish  by using York to move up. Most will laugh at this...but the truth is, York is mid...at best. Drafted to be THE pp QB of the future...nope...he sucks doing that. Great skater....nope...mid. Great in his own zone? Nope...mid. What he can do is eat minutes...which is valuable...to a point. Give me Catton, take away York and let Seeler take his minutes. 

A dependable top 4 Dman should allow you to go from 12 to 5-6. 

If not, wait be patient and if Catton is within 3-4 picks away...trade Farabee and a 2nd to move up. Think outside the box. We get Catton paired with Michkov, we are MUCH closer to a championship than before the draft. If it costs York (aka Mr.mid) or Farabee and a 2nd...💰 well spent!

I would rather give up Drysdale, at least York can play defense.  Our defense is weak and I'd rather give up the guy who cant stay healthy and can't play defense. I don't disagree that so far York is plain vanilla but he's probably our best defensive dman. Bonk can replace the offense that Drysdale has yet to provide. I would also hope to keep the #12 and make a trade for a pick around 9-11. Then hopefully we can get Catton/Helnius and Yakemchuck.  I also wouldn't mind trading the 32 pick plus something else to move up and get a power winger like Sennecke. We have enough trade chips, Laughton,TK, Drysdale, Farabee to attempt this as long as other teams are willing . If we came away with a  Catton or Helenius, Yakemchuck and Sennecke, that's a tremendous draft. Then next year we can draft another center, hopefully a big center.

5 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I would rather give up Drysdale, at least York can play defense.  Our defense is weak and I'd rather give up the guy who cant stay healthy and can't play defense. I don't disagree that so far York is plain vanilla but he's probably our best defensive dman. Bonk can replace the offense that Drysdale has yet to provide. I would also hope to keep the #12 and make a trade for a pick around 9-11. Then hopefully we can get Catton/Helnius and Yakemchuck.  I also wouldn't mind trading the 32 pick plus something else to move up and get a power winger like Sennecke. We have enough trade chips, Laughton,TK, Drysdale, Farabee to attempt this as long as other teams are willing . If we came away with a  Catton or Helenius, Yakemchuck and Sennecke, that's a tremendous draft. Then next year we can draft another center, hopefully a big center.

Seeler plays better D than York and has proven he can play top 4 minutes (with the right partner). 

Catton is special....dont care about his size.

I'm not trading York or Drysdale to move up in this draft. This draft is rated all over the place, and a guy like Catton may well fall into our lap at #12. I doubt it, but it's possible. It's certainly a draft where the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best players in it could be picked much later. 

I'm all for trading for more draft picks. I'm not for trading assets and picks for one pick...unless that pick is Celebrini...and that ain't happening.

6 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Seeler plays better D than York and has proven he can play top 4 minutes (with the right partner). 

Catton is special....dont care about his size.

Seeler had one good year after being a minor leaguer or 7th dman for 10 ten years.  He had a career season in his UFA contract year, I'm not sold on him. He very well could return to mediocrity after the big payday like most do.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm not trading York or Drysdale to move up in this draft. This draft is rated all over the place, and a guy like Catton may well fall into our lap at #12. I doubt it, but it's possible. It's certainly a draft where the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best players in it could be picked much later. 

I'm all for trading for more draft picks. I'm not for trading assets and picks for one pick...unless that pick is Celebrini...and that ain't happening.

I wouldn't trade them to move up, but I would trade Drysdale for a top 10-11 pick, so I can get a center and a dman that can actually play defense. 

Edited by RonJeremy

51 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

If Seeler is in your Top 4, you need a better Top 4.

Seeler was "Top 4" on a mediocre bubble team that missed the playoffs.

Most of the guys on this roster won't be here when they are truly competitive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

If Seeler is in your Top 4, you need a better Top 4.

Seeler was "Top 4" on a mediocre bubble team that missed the playoffs.

Most of the guys on this roster won't be here when they are truly competitive.

Seeler and Walker were THE reason they were even a bubble team. Yeah, Seeler needs the right guy to play with...but you ice 7 Seelers against 7 Yorks and the Seeler team wins...and the fans cheer every shot block like its a goal. York does not play Flyer hockey....hes mid. 

9 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Seeler and Walker were THE reason they were even a bubble team. Yeah, Seeler needs the right guy to play with...but you ice 7 Seelers against 7 Yorks and the Seeler team wins...and the fans cheer every shot block like its a goal. York does not play Flyer hockey....hes mid. 

The big question is who are we gonna pair with Seeler? I don't see Risto elevating Seelers game the way Walker did.

19 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

York does not play Flyer hockey.

I'm not even sure what Flyer hockey is anymore....but I'm pretty sure I don't want anyone on my team playing it. 😉

9 hours ago, jammer2 said:

could just add Goodrow for free....just placed on waivers.

Because he isn't worth that contract is mostly why not exactly free. Well unless they buy him out.

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

I'm not even sure what Flyer hockey is anymore....but I'm pretty sure I don't want anyone on my team playing it. 😉

Flyer hockey has been boring, uninspired and unwatchable for the past 13-14 years . I'd love too see us get an exciting dman like Yakemchuck, the crowd would enjoy him hammering people with big checks and scoring some big PP goals.  If it came down to Catton or Helenius, I'd think Catton would bring more excitement and skill to the team and could be lethal with Michkov and Foerster on the off wing and with Yakemchuck on the  point. If that doesn't fix the PP nothing will.