2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

Grab that and flip the 11/12 for the 4?

:hocky:

Provided Waddell says yes to the Columbus 2nd pick being conveyed this year......4, 32, 36 and 51 could make for a great haul.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm so torn on what I'd like to see. Part of me really wants a defense that can be deep and Yakemchuk and Elick just make so much sense. At the same time, part of me wants to see the addition of forwards with elite hockey IQ and I'd love to see Berkley Catton or Konsta Helenius at 12 and then someone like Letourneau or Eriksson at 32 and really build a smart offensive group. And now, part of me wants to see them take a guy like Eiserman, who we know has mad offensive skills, but his defense leaves something to be desired. To really complicate things, he's one of the youngest players in the draft, so maybe it's just a slight maturity issue that will be corrected with age. I mean, most young players want to score and defense isn't a priority. However, they get older and realize that defense wins championships and they buy into a defensive game.  

However, I'd like to see what teams would offer for 12. Maybe there's something good. 

I'm just ready for this to be over and to see the draft.

I just hope they check with whomever they draft beforehand that they want to be a Flyer 🙄

• Like 1

Danny:  hi, player X, this is Danny Briere of the Philadelphia Flyers. We think you'd be a perfect fit for the culture of the Philadelphia Flyers. How's your core muscles?  Never mind.  Would you be willing to come to Philly if we drafted you? 

Player X:  nah, I'm good. 

Danny:  F###!  That's what the last seven guys said!

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

11 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Danny:  hi, player X, this is Danny Briere of the Philadelphia Flyers. We think you'd be a perfect fit for the culture of the Philadelphia Flyers. How's your core muscles?  Never mind.  Would you be willing to come to Philly if we drafted you? 

Player X:  nah, I'm good. 

Danny:  F###!  That's what the last seven guys said!

image.gif.18179da33584e5e70ee489fad352f9c7.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

You know, if the Flyers get the 11th for fricken Laughton, I'm good with your first thought of 2 decent players, a forward and a defenseman and pick again at 29.

One of them has to make it without core muscle surgery, a boating accident, a sports car accident, Visa issues, or dying to play in Utah problems, right?

you forgot about concussions ...annoying over dominating  parents and partying like it is 1999. 

This franchise is cursed .........

image.jpeg.61f6040925893366c45732b1aae388b5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

When did Fletcher or Holmgren become GM of Buffalo?

The re-hiring of Lindy Ruff reeks of desperation. Im gonna bet Peluga ordered a win now or else edict to Adams....this could really work to the Flyers advantage!

On 6/16/2024 at 4:33 AM, flyercanuck said:

When did Fletcher or Holmgren become GM of Buffalo?

Utah Hockey Club is open to moving the sixth overall selection.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Utah Hockey Club is open to moving the sixth overall selection.

:PopcornSmiley2:

Laughton for the 6th? 

Do I hear Laughton for Celebrini? 😉

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Laughton for the 6th? 

Do I hear Laughton for Celebrini? 😉

image.jpeg.0d55155f4e8388db521519928e306f17.jpeg

DB: "You want Laughton and in return you will give us your #1 pick"

SJ: "We need Laughton and in return you will get our #1 pick"

DB: "This is the trade you are looking for"

SJ: " This is the trade we are looking for"

"

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Overheard on tour at the Flyers training facility 

Danny Briere:  here we have our best in class medical treatment and training facilities 

Visitor:  who are they? 

Danny Briere;  oh, yeah, people have a hard time recognizing our players without gear. They're some of our best players and prospects.

Visitor:  what are they doing? 

Danny Briere:  they're waiting for their core muscle surgery.  Everyone here gets at least one.

Photoleap_18_06_2024_05_11_11_uiP9R.jpg

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What is Danny up to???

🤔

Voracek is the gift, that just keeps on giving. :eyeroll: Please let's buy Atkinson out, and move on.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Voracek is the gift, that just keeps on giving. :eyeroll: Please let's buy Atkinson out, and move on.

Unlike with Voracek, I was actually an Atkinson fan.   Sadly, he just no longer has it (whatever "it" is).    It's sad.

Your statement is wrong.  Just because of my strong dislike for Voracek I had to post my tepid defense of Atkinson.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

What is Danny up to???

🤔

He's not keen on SJ , is he more keen to be bought out and not playing at all . How about a trip to the AHL. It's not like he's in demand. How about being the popcorn boy in the press box. 

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

Unlike with Voracek, I was actually an Atkinson fan.   Sadly, he just no longer has it (whatever "it" is).    It's sad.

Your statement is wrong.  Just because of my strong dislike for Voracek I had to post my tepid defense of Atkinson.

OK fine. I liked Atkinson too. He's cooked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

He's not keen on SJ , is he more keen to be bought out and not playing at all . How about a trip to the AHL. It's not like he's in demand. How about being the popcorn boy in the press box. 

It's the whole thing about his modified No Trade Clause - he has a 10 team exclusion and San Jose is on it.

I'd take $3.5M to do nothing or $5.2M to serve popcorn in a heartbeat. :hocky:

27 minutes ago, radoran said:

It's the whole thing about his modified No Trade Clause - he has a 10 team exclusion and San Jose is on it.

I'd take $3.5M to do nothing or $5.2M to serve popcorn in a heartbeat. :hocky:

Me too, but I think Atkinson wants to play and if SJ is the only team that wants you, then one year in SJ isn't bad. It's alot better than a winter in Winnipeg. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

It's alot better than a winter in Winnipeg.

Is it though??

Remember regardless of the name of the city it's California.

Jets have a foot in the door of the playoffs they've already wasted 9 years of Hell Boy's career 4 of the last in his prime.

He'll be 37 at the end of his contract if they don't think they can win within the next 3 years they might as well just blow it up then.

Cam might win a RW spot on their club in the bottom 6.

I'd pick up 50% of his contract to help ease that along unless they want to discuss something more around Perfetti coming back i'd listen.

if not i appreciate the business finding a spot for Cam...for whatever you want back 5th or 6th rounder.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Is it though??

Remember regardless of the name of the city it's California.

Jets have a foot in the door of the playoffs they've already wasted 9 years of Hell Boy's career 4 of the last in his prime.

He'll be 37 at the end of his contract if they don't think they can win within the next 3 years they might as well just blow it up then.

Cam might win a RW spot on their club in the bottom 6.

I'd pick up 50% of his contract to help ease that along unless they want to discuss something more around Perfetti coming back i'd listen.

if not i appreciate the business finding a spot for Cam...for whatever you want back 5th or 6th rounder.

I meant from the weather standpoint. After about 20 games when Atkinson has no goals, he can enjoy the nice weather in SJ, rather than freeze his sack off in a place like Winnipeg. SJ is not quite the shathole that LA and SF have become.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Overheard on tour at the Flyers training facility 

Danny Briere:  here we have our best in class medical treatment and training facilities 

Visitor:  who are they? 

Danny Briere;  oh, yeah, people have a hard time recognizing our players without gear. They're some of our best players and prospects.

Visitor:  what are they doing? 

Danny Briere:  they're waiting for their core muscle surgery.  Everyone here gets at least one.

Photoleap_18_06_2024_05_11_11_uiP9R.jpg

Overheard on the loudspeaker .......

Three Stooges - Doctor Digital Art by Brand A - Fine Art America

Edited by pilldoc
  • Haha 2