2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

25 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, you're likely not getting that pick AND any decent prospect...but the pick I could see a team or two doing for Konecny. Maybe Buffalo...New Jersey could use a RW like Konecny , and may want someone who could step in right now. They looked like they were on their way up, then took a step back this year. That's a team to talk to.

New jersey is a great example of a team where you might get the top 10(ish) pick.  Ottawa and Montreal could be possible.  I don't think either team is as bad as their goaltending and some injuries have made them. Neither are contenders, don't get me wrong, but they're examples of teams who could potentially believe they're a good player away from being a good player away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

New jersey is a great example of a team where you might get the top 10(ish) pick.  Ottawa and Montreal could be possible.  I don't think either team is as bad as their goaltending and some injuries have made them. Neither are contenders, don't get me wrong, but they're examples of teams who could potentially believe they're a good player away from being a good player away.

Sens or Habs could think they are a few players away...but that is just dumb management. If you can fleece them Danny...have at it!

There are other issues in play and I hope DB is exploring all avenues. Teams may not want to give up top 10 picks but if you can  take back a bad contract and bundle some later draft picks something could happen. He did a deal like this last year with the Kings. Montreal and Ottawa might bite, and perhaps Utah may want to make a splash . First they have to commit to a tear down and we are all skeptical of that happening. As has been noted, I would not give up an asset like TK for the 30th pick and a prospect. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

they're examples of teams who could potentially believe they're a good player away from being a good player away.

Have you heard of this "Matvei Michkov" person?

🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Sens or Habs could think they are a few players away...but that is just dumb management. If you can fleece them Danny...have at it!

Completely asinine on their part  i agree.  But they might...

6 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Completely asinine on their part  i agree.  But they might...

Never rule out a GM being stupid, or desperate. Some get the edict...make the playoffs or else *(probably what is going in Buffalo)...some know the move is not best for the organization...but its best for their employment status. 

7 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Never rule out a GM being stupid, or desperate. Some get the edict...make the playoffs or else *(probably what is going in Buffalo)...some know the move is not best for the organization...but its best for their employment status. 

Really good point. 

And Buffalo is probably the flagship example. 

They'd be my target. I think Konecny may be attractive to them and i don't think he moves the needle. So, lottery pick-eligible pick coming back

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Konecny+ (what) gets you krebbs and the first? 

Who else would you target besides Krebbs?

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I'll get back to ya...stuck at work till 6am.

9 hours ago, jammer2 said:

but that is just dumb management

There's a reason certain teams are never very good (cough Flyers cough) and it starts and ends with dumb management. Buffalo, Ottawa and Montreal have all had it. Every year there are head scratcher trades. Usually, we're on the giving ends of those...it would be nice to receive the odd time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Krebs has only scored a  grand total of 20 goals in three NHL seasons. I don't think we want him? Now is this his fault or the fault of Buffalos coaching staff. I don't know if we need any more projects, we are not exactly known for developing our own guys either. 

Edited by RonJeremy

Here is a nice draft stat...

In the 21st century, only 4 players have scored 50 goals and passed 100 pts in their respective draft years...

1)Crosby

2)P. Kane

3)Bedard

4)Catton

We NEED to make this happen! Does this list guarantee success? Of course not, but it certainly should give some pause for thought...cause that is some impressive company for Catton. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, flyer4ever said:

There are other issues in play and I hope DB is exploring all avenues. Teams may not want to give up top 10 picks but if you can  take back a bad contract and bundle some later draft picks something could happen. He did a deal like this last year with the Kings. Montreal and Ottawa might bite, and perhaps Utah may want to make a splash . First they have to commit to a tear down and we are all skeptical of that happening. As has been noted, I would not give up an asset like TK for the 30th pick and a prospect. 

The Timo Meier trade set the market. And nobody is giving up a top ten pick for Konecny. That's the reality of it. Look at most of the forwards that have been moved in the past five years and I think the only top ten pick that was moved would have been the Ottawa pick to Chicago for Debrincat and the Senators completely **** the bed with that deal. 

Edited by BobbyClarkeFan16
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Ok...Buffalo has a LOADED prospect pool. First, NHL talent, we are not getting any where close to Tage Thompson or Dylan Cozens. They are basically untouchable building blocks. Their #2 and #3 prospects are also Centers. Kuliuich and Savoie are highly thought of prospects. The price tag on them would be high. 

Really interesting is their #5 prospect Noah Ostlund. He was their 2nd 1st rd pick in 2022. He had 26 pts in 36 games playing against men in Finland. He has 1st line NHL skill. THIS should be our target. Top 6 Cs are spoken for in Tage and Cozens. Savoie and Kuliuch are behind them. Ostlund has amazing skill but has 4 guys in front of him. Konency for Ostlund could very well work for both teams. 

• Good Post 1

18 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Having just jettisoned Chuck Fletcher, I don't think any Flyers fan will be doing this and many are still expecting it until we see otherwise. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cheesesteak said:

Having just jettisoned Chuck Fletcher, I don't think any Flyers fan will be doing this and many are still expecting it until we see otherwise. 

We are shell shocked. What can go wrong will go wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

We are shell shocked. What can go wrong will go wrong. 

There is no truer statement than this .........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, flyerdog said:

I'm not liking that in more and more mock drafts I see, Helenius is going higher and higher...

He does not have the size, but his playing style = poor man's Sundin. 

I'm so torn on what I'd like to see. Part of me really wants a defense that can be deep and Yakemchuk and Elick just make so much sense. At the same time, part of me wants to see the addition of forwards with elite hockey IQ and I'd love to see Berkley Catton or Konsta Helenius at 12 and then someone like Letourneau or Eriksson at 32 and really build a smart offensive group. And now, part of me wants to see them take a guy like Eiserman, who we know has mad offensive skills, but his defense leaves something to be desired. To really complicate things, he's one of the youngest players in the draft, so maybe it's just a slight maturity issue that will be corrected with age. I mean, most young players want to score and defense isn't a priority. However, they get older and realize that defense wins championships and they buy into a defensive game.  

However, I'd like to see what teams would offer for 12. Maybe there's something good. 

I'm just ready for this to be over and to see the draft.

20 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm so torn on what I'd like to see. Part of me really wants a defense that can be deep and Yakemchuk and Elick just make so much sense. At the same time, part of me wants to see the addition of forwards with elite hockey IQ and I'd love to see Berkley Catton or Konsta Helenius at 12 and then someone like Letourneau or Eriksson at 32 and really build a smart offensive group. And now, part of me wants to see them take a guy like Eiserman, who we know has mad offensive skills, but his defense leaves something to be desired. To really complicate things, he's one of the youngest players in the draft, so maybe it's just a slight maturity issue that will be corrected with age. I mean, most young players want to score and defense isn't a priority. However, they get older and realize that defense wins championships and they buy into a defensive game.  

However, I'd like to see what teams would offer for 12. Maybe there's something good. 

I'm just ready for this to be over and to see the 

An article just appeared on Hockey Writers. It named the 4 players that Buffalo could receive in exchange their #11 pick. They were Ehlers, Cirelli, Laughton...forget the 4th. Just a guys opinion...but at least talking about the return for the pick directly in front of us. 

20 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

An article just appeared on Hockey Writers. It named the 4 players that Buffalo could receive in exchange their #11 pick. They were Ehlers, Cirelli, Laughton...forget the 4th. Just a guys opinion...but at least talking about the return for the pick directly in front of us. 

Yeah, wouldn't it be something if they got 11 for Laughton. Helenius/Catton and Yakemchuk?!?! I would be through the roof happy with that. 

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

25 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

forget the 4th. Just a guys opinion...but at least talking about the return for the pick directly in front of us. 

Grab that and flip the 11/12 for the 4?

:hocky:

• Like 1