2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

5 minutes ago, radoran said:

Briere may be trying to pull of the stealth rebuild

Oh lord what is he going to do now that Capfriendly isn't anymore.

The fact that Danny and Jonesy sign on and check where their cap is every day just like us is... Nice.

But that they didn't have someone else literally doing this is down right insane and just to hard to believe...

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh lord what is he going to do now that Capfriendly isn't anymore.

Cappymccapsalot.com to the rescue!

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Rob Ellis from NHL Trade Rumour is reporting that the Rangers are looking at Konecny and that a starting package is being discussed around Perreault and the Rangers 1st. I'm intrigued.

I saw this also. A mid to late 1st and top prospect peaks my interest. Not perfect with Gabe being a RW...but a real nice starting point! Like others have mentioned...get the talent in the building and then make adjustments. 

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I saw this also. A mid to late 1st and top prospect peaks my interest. Not perfect with Gabe being a RW...but a real nice starting point! Like others have mentioned...get the talent in the building and then make adjustments. 

If the Rangers get Konecny that probably won't be anywhere near a mid 1st. It'll be somewhere around our Florida pick. Perrault wouldn't be the worst thing to get, but a RW?  

How a bout a C or D prospect that we really, really, really need. Or what about trading with a team where the pick has a chance of being something good. 

Konecny is the best trade chip we have. RW is the only position of strength we have. Dealing him for another RW and a late 1st doesn't really seem to help us a whole lot. Since Flyer management seems to want to rebuild from the middle of the pack, Konecny is likely our best chance at trying to acquire a potential #1 C or D. Using him for another RW would be such a Flyer move.

I get that it makes us younger, so ya, there could be worse moves. But "could be worse" isn't how you build championship teams. 

teams like Buffalo, NJ, maybe Ottawa might be looking for some now impact, maybe kick the tires on their 1st?

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If the Rangers get Konecny that probably won't be anywhere near a mid 1st. It'll be somewhere around our Florida pick. Perrault wouldn't be the worst thing to get, but a RW?  

How a bout a C or D prospect that we really, really, really need. Or what about trading with a team where the pick has a chance of being something good. 

Konecny is the best trade chip we have. RW is the only position of strength we have. Dealing him for another RW and a late 1st doesn't really seem to help us a whole lot. Since Flyer management seems to want to rebuild from the middle of the pack, Konecny is likely our best chance at trying to acquire a potential #1 C or D. Using him for another RW would be such a Flyer move.

I get that it makes us younger, so ya, there could be worse moves. But "could be worse" isn't how you build championship teams. 

teams like Buffalo, NJ, maybe Ottawa might be looking for some now impact, maybe kick the tires on their 1st?

Package pick #24 and Perreault for the desired pick/prospect/player?

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Using him for another RW would be such a Flyer move.

This. AND to the Rangers....uh no. Has to be other teams in need of his services.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This. AND to the Rangers....uh no. Has to be other teams in need of his services.

See, I hate this nonsense about not dealing with teams in the division. If they offer the best package, then who cares? Hell, if Pittsburgh came with an enticing package I'd consider it as well. It's all about talent collection right now. And any team that deals for Konecny is going to be a bottom third or lower team.  Nobody else is going to give the Flyers a high first and a blue chipper for him. That's the reality.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

See, I hate this nonsense about not dealing with teams in the division. If they offer the best package, then who cares? Hell, if Pittsburgh came with an enticing package I'd consider it as well. It's all about talent collection right now. And any team that deals for Konecny is going to be a bottom third or lower team.  Nobody else is going to give the Flyers a high first and a blue chipper for him. That's the reality.

I would certainly take the best package for the Flyers from anyone...I just don't see THAT package as being all that enticing for Konecny.

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

7 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

And any team that deals for Konecny is going to be a bottom third or lower team.  Nobody else is going to give the Flyers a high first and a blue chipper for him. That's the reality.

The Rangers pick isn't going to be particularly high in the first... And they're not a "bottom third" team.

Is, say, Kaako and the 29th pick enough?

To your point, though, I would see about getting in on a three team Marner deal sending Marner somewhere else, TK to Tronno, and picks and prospects to the Flyers...

8 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

If they offer the best package, then who cares?

At this point it can't be the best package just one of the first ones leaked.

Besides they really don't want to trade this kid to a division rival and help them and face TK for the next 6 to 7 years.

I'd hold off all the way till the trade deadline with this particular player.

And adding another RW is not a win in my eyes by a long shot.

I'm fine agreeing to disagree.

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Is there a team out there that has extra prospects at 'C' that would need a winger? genuinely asking...

10 hours ago, jammer2 said:

He is a right wing but a left handed shot, so we could move him over to LW. Konecny is our top trade chip and we really want a center. We probably won't get one in the upcoming draft, unless Yakemchuck is gone and Catton or Helunuis drop . Maybe a bottom five team wants Konecny and gives us their pick and then we take Lindstrom. 

1 hour ago, flyerdog said:

Is there a team out there that has extra prospects at 'C' that would need a winger? genuinely asking...

Buffalo is pretty loaded at C prospect-wise.

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

And luckily, Konecny was on the verge of being Justin-Williamsed as a mild disappointment rather than the irreplaceable true Flyer he is today when he signed his last deal and so doesn't have a No Movement Clause.

He signs for 8Y/$9M July 1. Book it.

:hocky:

• Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Buffalo just unloaded Mittlestadt  for Byrum,Krebs has been a massive disappointment . Word is they are looking to draft Catton or Helenius. So I don't think they are gonna deal whatever good centers they have left and I don't see why we woukd want Krebs and his four goals. So I have no idea who else has centers we would want. 

Edited by RonJeremy

8 minutes ago, radoran said:

And luckily, Konecny was on the verge of being Justin-Williamsed as a mild disappointment rather than the irreplaceable true Flyer he is today when he signed his last deal and so doesn't have a No Movement Clause.

He signs for 8Y/$9M July 1. Book it.

:hocky:

So just as the Flyers become a good team, he and Coots can both be useless.

3 hours ago, radoran said:

The Rangers pick isn't going to be particularly high in the first... And they're not a "bottom third" team.

To your point, though, I would see about getting in on a three team Marner deal sending Marner somewhere else, TK to Tronno, and picks and prospects to the Flyers...

I should have specified bottom third. I meant bottom third as in 22 - 32 in terms of the draft, not bottom third as in 1 to 11.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Buffalo just unloaded Mittlestadt  for Byrum,Krebs has been a massive disappointment . Word is they are looking to draft Catton or Helenius. So I don't think they are gonna deal whatever good centers they have left and I don't see why we woukd want Krebs and his four goals. So I have no idea who else has centers we would want. 

Ya, I'd have to dig through everyones prospects to give a solid answer...I was just going off the top of my head. I also figured Buffalo has to be getting pretty tired of drafting high every single year and never getting better, so maybe pull the trigger on a really good, not too old player. 

Edited by flyercanuck

42 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, I'd have to dig through everyones prospects to give a solid answer...I was just going off the top of my head. I also figured Buffalo has to be getting pretty tired of drafting high every single year and never getting better, so maybe pull the trigger on a really good, not too old player. 

If someone like Catton or Helenius fall to Buffalos pick, maybe they would want a spark plug like TK for their pick and we can draft a center with their pick and with our pick we grab Yakemchuck.  This scenario would require some luck. I just wonder if TK is worth a bit more than a #10? I would think an additional second round pick the next year would be fair?

• Like 1

I just think, contract wise, cap space wise, the Flyers are in a very fragile position. Signing anyone long term that does not have 5-7ish years of real prime left reeks of potential disaster. The smart play is to error on the side of caution. Move Konecny to get younger and continue the build. 

I agree with BC here...no rebuilding team is gonna pay to get Konecny AND pay his requested salary. It literally needs to be someone on the cusp of a Cup like Dallas or NYR etc. Buffalo may be the exception due to continually picking high and failing. 

Rads idea of a 3 way deal to get the desired outcome is really good. Leave no stone unturned. 

Sometimes, what you see is not what you get...case in point Coots. This Flyers management group is about to show if they are really smart or just pedestrian. 

• Like 2

I'll be shocked if the Flyers do trade TK.  But I'll also be happy because it'll show everyone they are really building to win a Cup, & not just trying to improve just for ticket sales.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, radoran said:

I think he meant "bottom third in the first round," meaning pick 21-32.

I took it your way initially and realized...

I agree with him, though, that no one with a 1-10 pick is trading that and a prospect for Konecny.  I don't think he's the player (at age and upcoming contract) that a 1-10 picking team builds around. Or we'd be keeping him ourselves.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

I think he meant "bottom third in the first round," meaning pick 21-32.

I took it your way initially and realized...

I agree with him, though, that no one with a 1-10 pick is trading that and a prospect for Konecny.  I don't think he's the player (at age and upcoming contract) that a 1-10 picking team builds around. Or we'd be keeping him ourselves.

Ya, you're likely not getting that pick AND any decent prospect...but the pick I could see a team or two doing for Konecny. Maybe Buffalo...New Jersey could use a RW like Konecny , and may want someone who could step in right now. They looked like they were on their way up, then took a step back this year. That's a team to talk to.

• Like 2