2024 Entry Level Draft - Confirmed Flyers pick at #12

11 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

yeah it is just the initial are you interested maybe we can do business phone call.

it has to start somewhere. Bump Seguin down to the 2nd line.

Roberston - Hintz - Konecny

Marchment - Duchene - Seguin

top 6. 

Konecny to Dallas is interesting. 

Is Wyatt Johnston in play there?

9 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

3rd line center

If that's the breadth of your answer, I'm not sure you're even trying.

He's 21 years old, plays center.    On Dallas, he's behind Hintz and Sequin.   We don't have anything close to their equivalent here.

As a third line center, he had 3 points less than Konecny and more than anyone on the Flyers.   He's on a controlled contract for now. 

The correct answer to my even suggesting Johnston was "rux, Dallas would be ridiculously stupid to trade Johnston for Konecny.  Never going to happen."  Not "3rd line center."

It's entertaining that we keep going on about a player that plays 60 feet and has a fancy move and nothing more, but a guy who can play solidly both ways, penalty kills, plays the power play, was tied for 3rd on the team in scoring in the regular season and tied for best in postseason is "3rd line center."

Might want to check whatever you're measuring with.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

The correct answer to my even suggesting Johnston was "rux, Dallas would be ridiculously stupid to trade Johnston for Konecny.  Never going to happen."  Not "3rd line center."

He was dynamite in the playoffs this year.

He found space and made things happen in every series.

I think Dallas tries to keep him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

On Dallas, he's behind Hintz and Sequin.

I'm just listing where they played him last i watched them play in the playoffs mind i'm sure they shuffled lines.

They had Duchene on a sweet deal playing 2nd line center and he needs a new contract.

So maybe they want him playing 2nd line center eventually if they decide not to resign Duchene.

Pavelski had a 67 point season playing on Duchene's right wing but now is retired plug TK in there even i don't care where you put him as long as they take him and give back something of value.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

I don't think they want to trade him for TK but you can get Stankoven or Borque for him or yeah i'm hanging up the phone no sense in giving TK away.

i say if they plan on keeping Seguin and even bringing back Duchene i think the top line of Robertson centered by Hintz and saddled by TK on the other side would be a very good top line.

And i never suggested Wyatt for TK so yeah not sure where you're getting that regardless of regular season production.

No matter what Danny needs to shop around not just hand this guy an 8 year deal because it is the easiest thing to do.

No get creative just Holmgren did when he build the team around him Hartnell and Kimmo back in the day with trades and free agent signings.

many different ways to build a winning team they must use every option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

He was dynamite in the playoffs this year.

He found space and made things happen in every series.

I think Dallas tries to keep him.

Wyatt ain't going anywhere they have a diamond in the rough right now and he has one year left on his contract and is the heir apparent to the 2nd line center spot in my eyes.

In fact maybe if they decide to bring Duchene back it will be for him to be the 3rd line center.

But he too had a good season 25 goals 65 point season so the Stars have options but they need to improve their top 6 power hence the TK suggestion could see him as a 75 or 80 point player playing with Hintz and Robertson.

And they need to improve their top 4 defense to as well. They have some tinkering to do maybe the Flyers could help them who knows...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I forgot about them and Laughton.

Any interest in Benson?

I don't think Benson goes anywhere. Buffalo brass are REALLY high on him. I'd love Benson, but that might end up costing Bonk.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I don't think Benson goes anywhere. Buffalo brass are REALLY high on him. I'd love Benson, but that might end up costing Bonk.

Yeah,  that's fair.  And I'm not interested in involving Bonk, so we seem to be at an impasse.  😎

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Does Bonk have a chance to play in the AHL like they approved Shane Wright to do this past season, since he had an early birthday on January 5th, Bonk's in January 9th.

I think it would suit Oliver best if they can petition the league to get him approved as well.

CHL seems to have shown he has out grown it to me.

2 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Does Bonk have a chance to play in the AHL like they approved Shane Wright to do this past season, since he had an early birthday on January 5th, Bonk's in January 9th.

I think it would suit Oliver best if they can petition the league to get him approved as well.

CHL seems to have shown he has out grown it to me.

Ya, I'm not sure getting him out of a world class junior system like Londons and onto the Flyers farm team coached by Lapierre is the best move for his development. 

🤔.........🤣

London  will likely be making another run at the Memorial Cup next year....that's not going to hurt Bonks development in any way. I'm fine with him going to the AHL as well, I just don't think he's "above" playing another year...he wasn't even Londons best dman.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Ya, I'm not sure getting him out of a world class junior system like Londons and onto the Flyers farm team coached by Lapierre is the best move for his development. 

🤔.........🤣

London  will likely be making another run at the Memorial Cup next year....that's not going to hurt Bonks development in any way. I'm fine with him going to the AHL as well, I just don't think he's "above" playing another year...he wasn't even Londons best dman.

Sure not against him going back to junior but also wouldn't be mad at the jump to the pro league as well.

But the Lappy thing is real however doesn't seem he is ever going anywhere so yeah he'll be coaching him either way.

I want what is best for his development.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2024 at 2:13 PM, RonJeremy said:

The guy who took the beating was Billy Batts  aka William Bentvina a Gambino guy. No, no you insulted him a little bit...drinks are on the house. 

Tyrese Haliburton: sleeper MVP pick? - Page 2

• Like 1

I've seen a few mocks that have Consta Helenius around at 12.

He's been scoring in that Finnish men's league as a boy. 

His time table for making the NHL might be quicker because of that.

I've also heard that he "doesn't have that top of the line-up skill". 

What I've noticed from Briere/Flahr is they take a big swing and then take a high floor guy.

Is this a year where the high floor guy gets picked 1st and the big swing is taken with the later pick?

I feel pretty strongly that I want #12 to contribute. 

I reckon it all depends on who is still on the board when the Flyers pick.

• Like 1

i just went to one of the first mock drafts on google. Athletic.

They have missed their lucky Finn without Risto.

Yakemchuk went 7th to Flames and well Parekh fell to 13th. Dickinson went 6th to Utah.

12. Philadelphia Flyers: Konsta Helenius, C, Jukurit (FINLAND)

Philadelphia will have an opportunity to draft a highly skilled player, be it Catton, Iginla, Helenius or a defenseman like Parekh/Buium if they slide a bit. The Flyers’ system is craving a premium young center talent and Helenius can be that for them.

31. Philadelphia Flyers: Dean Letourneau, C, St. Andrew’s College (HIGH-ON)

There were so many scouts going in to watch Letourneau this season that it feels almost inevitable he’s going to be a late first-round pick. He’s a big gamble, because while a big man who can skate, he played at such a low level that scouts have a lot of questions about how much offense he truly has. It makes for an ideal risk for a Flyers team with multiple high picks.

Mydraftsite this next one

Philadelphia.gif.a7dfc6e7f74aeace1722245991dc2189.gif

Ht/Wt:6' 3"/205 lbs
Position:LHD
Team: London (OHL)

Philadelphia.gif.29f89935187347e6d1c98dd1add66591.gif

Ht/Wt:5'10"/174 lbs
Position:C
Team: Lokomotiv (MHL)

Hockeywriters the next

Berkly-Catton-Chiefs-1200x800.thumb.jpg.85754aa9006af3dc556de5d5dc936d1d.jpg

12. Philadelphia Flyers: Berkly Catton, C, Spokane Chiefs (WHL)

Let me get out ahead of this one and say that I think Berkly Catton is closer talent wise to the fifth overall spot than this spot, and him sliding to 12 is a bit more of a prediction than an expectation. Undersized forwards who play high-skill games slide in the draft, that’s just a fact at this point, the only question is how far will he fall? Zach Benson fell to 13th overall in the 2023 Draft, though size was an even bigger concern in his case.

30. Philadelphia Flyers (via. Florida Panthers): Dean Letourneau, C, St. Andrew’s College (PHC)

Despite taking an extremely uncommon development path for a top prospect (playing for St. Andrew’s College in the PHC), Dean Letourneau has a good chance to be a first rounder this season because of his pro skills and massive frame. Letourneau stands at 6-foot-6 (though some claim he looks even taller in person), and his hands are so strong close to his body/skates that you may hear some Tage Thompson comparisons. Letourneau has a long way to go before he’s a player of that caliber, but the potential will certainly excite many NHL teams.

So as we can see that is twice now that Letourneau has been mentioned.

Had to research the guy. He is 6-7 C right shot.

Hhhhmmmm seems Flyers don't have great luck with them big guys.

NHL.com mock

12. Philadelphia Flyers

Kimelman -- Tij Iginla: The Flyers need to find more skill, especially at center, after trading forward Cutter Gauthier, the No. 5 pick of the 2022 draft, to the Anaheim Ducks for defenseman Jamie Drysdale on Jan. 8. Iginla checks both boxes. He might not have the dynamic skill that pulls people out of their seats, but his playmaking ability, vision and hockey sense make him a special player.

Morreale -- Carter Yakemchuk: The 18-year-old is positionally sound, knows where to go to make himself available, has an advantageous reach and is good in battles along the boards. The right-handed shot was fifth among WHL defensemen with 71 points in 66 regular-season games.

This was only top 16 picks.

Eliteprospects mock only top 16

12. Philadelphia Flyers - Konsta Helenius, C, (Liiga)

Helenius, known for his attention to detail and smart play, is selected for his potential as a highly useful two-way center.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

this upcoming season you want them on the Flyers??

36 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No one we draft should be on the Flyers this year unless Celebrini falls to 12th, which is never going to happen.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not necessarily, I don't want the person to "patrick"

If #12 turns into a 2C for years and years...I'm good with that.

Also, if it's between Helenius and Catton I hope they pick Catton.

That's what I'd like to see.

Many of the mocks have Catton going early. 

The mock that has Dickinson around at 12 must be high AF

Edited by mojo1917
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I've seen a few mocks that have Consta Helenius around at 12.

He's been scoring in that Finnish men's league as a boy. 

His time table for making the NHL might be quicker because of that.

I've also heard that he "doesn't have that top of the line-up skill". 

What I've noticed from Briere/Flahr is they take a big swing and then take a high floor guy.

Is this a year where the high floor guy gets picked 1st and the big swing is taken with the later pick?

I reckon it all depends on who is still on the board when the Flyers pick.

Helenius would be the safe pick and is a good two way player , he could end up being a more skilled version of Laughton.  Like a fancy station wagon. He is solid all around but has no standout attributes. He is typical of what the Flyers have always drafted in the past, there are a couple of big wingers like Greentree and Sennecke who have more high end skill but are more of a risk. One of them could make up for the loss of Gauthier.  Im hoping we trade up for Dickinson or else Yakemchuck  or Ingila falls to us. After that is rather take the runt Catton over Helenius. They keep saying we need higher end skill, so I hope we go for the skill with the first pick.

6 hours ago, RonJeremy said:

Helenius would be the safe pick and is a good two way player , he could end up being a more skilled version of Laughton.  Like a fancy station wagon. He is solid all around but has no standout attributes. He is typical of what the Flyers have always drafted in the past, there are a couple of big wingers like Greentree and Sennecke who have more high end skill but are more of a risk. One of them could make up for the loss of Gauthier.  Im hoping we trade up for Dickinson or else Yakemchuck  or Ingila falls to us. After that is rather take the runt Catton over Helenius. They keep saying we need higher end skill, so I hope we go for the skill with the first pick.

He's nothing like Laughton. His numbers are on par with what Laine did in Liiga. His style of play of closer to that of Alexander Barkov. Helenius is good - real good. And another kid that just turned 18 not long ago, so another growth spurt and he's closer to six feet already. He's already 185 pounds so he's got a solid frame already. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Why?

Pete Compost🐦 on X: "@MarinaPurkiss Will they be buying new clown suits or  will they just use the old ones? https://t.co/vAzHneCPru" / X

OR, when you throw away a draft pick to bring in some broken down/lousy/washed up player you HAVE to bring him back to get value out of that draft pick that you never should have thrown away in the first place to prove you're not as stupid as your predecessor.... who used to do the exact same thing.

Ancient Philly Proverb.

And here we have Flyer management heading out with their groundbreaking cutting edge philosophy on how to build a champion....by trading picks and prospects for players born during this fashion era.

44 Colorful Pics Prove That 1970s Men's Fashion Was So Hilarious ~ Vintage  Everyday

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1