Drysdale needs core surgery in offseason

17 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

You can't have a modern medical and training staff when you have cavemen coaching and administering the franchise. It just doesn't mesh.

But you know what they can have? Their NHLPA union rep have an investigation into why there are so many players on this team that end up with these core/sports hernia surgeries. It's funny that I don't see other teams that have this high of a number of players that have had or are having this surgery. The fact that the union rep is silent is very concerning.

• Good Post 1

On 6/14/2024 at 9:40 AM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

But you know what they can have? Their NHLPA union rep have an investigation into why there are so many players on this team that end up with these core/sports hernia surgeries. It's funny that I don't see other teams that have this high of a number of players that have had or are having this surgery. The fact that the union rep is silent is very concerning.

!00%.

FYI, that'd be Sanheim and Koneckny. 

On 6/14/2024 at 9:40 AM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Drysdale was probably damaged good when we traded for him. Briere should have asked for additional compensation or nullify the trade. Our training staff must still be incompetent if they didn’t catch the injury right away. I can’t think he got this injury in the whole ten games he played for us or whatever it was. We have traded for three injured players , Ellis, Drysdale and Johansen. Great job.

I don't think we can read much into the Couturier or Drysdale surgeries. One is an older, banged up player coming off 2 back surgeries, the other is a young, banged up player who may or may not turn out to be FUBAR.

I don't fully buy the whole "he works them too hard" claim but Couturier shouldn't have played 20+ a night his first year back. By the time he got the C he was toast. God only knows what he's got left for next year...and the 4 years after that....

• Like 2