Game 41: Montreal Canadiens at Philadelphia Flyers; 1/10/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Greetings:

The home team is favored (-170) on the basis of strong defense and goaltending.  It is predicted to be a low-scoring affair (6 goals):

https://statsalt.com/games/nhl/1-10-2024/montreal-canadiens-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-5026/

Montreal is a better faceoff team, but we are better defensively:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/mtl-vs-phi/2024/01/10/2023020635

As the handicapper notes, MTL took two of three last year.  They skate well.  Can our D and G contain them?  And will the team rebound from a sloppy game against the Pens?  Of note:  MTL has taken four of the last five at WFC.  

Edited by Howie58

53 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I have a feeling this will happen more often in the second half.  

Noah Cates will be coming back soon too so Cam Atkinson better get ready to make Andrew Macdonald secret popcorn recipe soon....read up on it Cam it's coming!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Noah Cates will be coming back soon too so Cam Atkinson better get ready to make Andrew Macdonald secret popcorn recipe soon....read up on it Cam it's coming!!!

So @OccamsRazor shall we start referring to Cam as Orville Reddenbacher or Jiffy Pop for the remainder of the season? 🍿

• Haha 2

Well, it wasn't the first minute, in the first two. Then another weird one. Glad that Tippett made it close. Still, you see a very challenged Flyers offense. We aren't generating quality chances. Hopefully, it picks up.

• Like 1

Well, JD gets an important first point and in a PP goal to boot. If I heard straight, this is the first time they've gotten PP goals in 3 straight games in over a year.

• Like 1

that result was just.

The Flyers are better and were better tonight.

I love when the Flyers beat that team.

In spite of my love of that road kit, I really hate most of those players and that organization as a whole.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Weird…My stream had the Flyers broadcast crew.  The stream froze for a minute and came back with the Canadiens French speaking broadcast crew.  No clue what they’re talking about! 😂

I guess you got the RDS feed. I've watched the game and Pierre Houde is actually very good as he's been following the Habs for almost 30 years. That being said, I hate when he yells at every Canadiens goal like if they have just won the Stanley Cup and this really gets in my nerves. Hope you caught the game after the two Montréal goals.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Weird…My stream had the Flyers broadcast crew.  The stream froze for a minute and came back with the Canadiens French speaking broadcast crew.  No clue what they’re talking about! 😂

that is weird. I have the same issue with the voices in my head

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, off_the_post said:

How many posts did the Flyers hit last night? Like 4 or 5?  I don't recall that many in a game before. 

Well, I mean, you would know, amirite?

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

that result was just.

The Flyers are better and were better tonight.

I love when the Flyers beat that team.

In spite of my love of that road kit, I really hate most of those players and that organization as a whole.

yup it's great, it's going in the right direction, im loving it.

• Like 1