Sutter Boys being shipped off...😫

thegx.ca

Let's look at the timeline...first Treliving...then Sutter...then Toffoli...now Lucic...I think it's clear now that Treliving wanted to keep Sutter and the same team but the owners or Bean wouldn't let him...and Treliving signing Reeves in Toronto supports this I think...Sutter also said Vegas was built for playoffs and was right...it's gonna take awhile for me to get over this even if Calgary can somehow win this season...

Treliving excited about 'snot' Domi, Bertuzzi will bring to Maple Leafs

This makes it more clear that Treliving is a Sutter Boy himself...

Edited by JR Ewing

• 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, NHL HHOF said:

Haha who is this guy...? He says Weegar says Backlund telling Sutter to fck himself...? He says it's been quoted by never tells us where he read or saw this quote...I'm not buying it...all I've seen so far after Sutter left is veteran players leaving or not signing plus a general manager who wouldn't sign either...doesn't make sense what good guy saying...

• 6 months later...

Good day in Vancity but sad day in Calgary as Lindholm leaves to Vancouver...now those canuckleheads got Big Z and Lindy from us hope they don't take Tanny back too😫

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thegx.ca said:

Now Mange...Flame fallout continues😩

I don't understand this trade at all from Calgary's perspective. I read something about them making room to sign Jake DeBrusk, but if so, then why? They produce similar numbers, but DeBrusk gets about 2x as many PP minutes.

I don't think Conroy is off to a hot start.

Edited by JR Ewing
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thegx.ca said:

Now Mange...Flame fallout continues😩

Hang in there man. Solid young depth, adding picks/prospects is a good move.....

• Like 1

On 6/28/2024 at 11:29 AM, yave1964 said:

Hang in there man. Solid young depth, adding picks/prospects is a good move.....

They failed to get Iggy Jr...I'm predicting at least a decade of darkness if not more than what Edmonton went through...

On 6/28/2024 at 7:38 AM, JR Ewing said:

I don't understand this trade at all from Calgary's perspective. I read something about them making room to sign Jake DeBrusk, but if so, then why? They produce similar numbers, but DeBrusk gets about 2x as many PP minutes.

I don't think Conroy is off to a hot start.

Yeah me neither Conroy is blowing up the team he failed to get Iggy Jr I'll never forgive him...

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Brewin Flames said:

Just my opinion but losing KY is not that big of a deal...

I like him, but he's nine years into his NHL career, and has barely been playing for years. The Flames appear to have been patient with him, but are alright with him moving on, and I can't blame them if they were leery about signing him to anything more than a one-year deal.

4 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

I like him, but he's nine years into his NHL career, and has barely been playing for years. The Flames appear to have been patient with him, but are alright with him moving on, and I can't blame them if they were leery about signing him to anything more than a one-year deal.

Careful there, JR...
The guy could go on to play for 9 more teams and make the list of HOF journeymen! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

Well if Calgary couldn't afford to beat 1M/yr honestly it says Calgary owners/management didn't wanted him to lace leave because that Colorado contract is pretty much league minimum...anyways he was good for us before he went for player assistance and I think hell he'll be good for Colorado or wherever else he goes he had his best season with Sutter so not sure why Calgary wouldn't give him a try this year...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thegx.ca said:

Well if Calgary couldn't afford to beat 1M/yr honestly it says Calgary owners/management didn't wanted him to lace leave because that Colorado contract is pretty much league minimum...anyways he was good for us before he went for player assistance and I think hell he'll be good for Colorado or wherever else he goes he had his best season with Sutter so not sure why Calgary wouldn't give him a try this year...

From Darren Dreger:

If he was looking for a slight bump in pay, then the Flames were looking at $2.75M-$3M for two years. I really do like Kylington's skills (terrific skater, transports the puck really well) and it sounds like he worked hard to get back to the NHL, but I mean... He's played in only 33 of the last 164 hockey games that the Flames played, and he's been out of the lineup for the vast majority of his pro career. They haven't been able to rely on him, and that had to play a large part in why the Flames didn't want to re-rack with him on their blueline.

I'd cut Flames management some slack on this one. If it took five weeks into free agency period for Kylington to get signed to a contract of only $1M, then the other GMs in the league weren't exactly tripping over themselves to call him either, so it's not as if the Flames let a sure thing walk away. It would seem that most teams were hesitant, and it's tough to blame them.

21 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

From Darren Dreger:

If he was looking for a slight bump in pay, then the Flames were looking at $2.75M-$3M for two years. I really do like Kylington's skills (terrific skater, transports the puck really well) and it sounds like he worked hard to get back to the NHL, but I mean... He's played in only 33 of the last 164 hockey games that the Flames played, and he's been out of the lineup for the vast majority of his pro career. They haven't been able to rely on him, and that had to play a large part in why the Flames didn't want to re-rack with him on their blueline.

I'd cut Flames management some slack on this one. If it took five weeks into free agency period for Kylington to get signed to a contract of only $1M, then the other GMs in the league weren't exactly tripping over themselves to call him either, so it's not as if the Flames let a sure thing walk away. It would seem that most teams were hesitant, and it's tough to blame them.

But obviously Calgary didn't offer more than Colorado because for Kylinhton to take close to league minimum for a year tells me Calgary didn't offer bit more like $1.25/2 years etc and that's a shame because we've seen what he can do and $1.25+/yr isn't a big risk to take for someone that was a starter...I mean just think Calgary didn't offer him over $1M/yr like they should have to keep him...

9 hours ago, thegx.ca said:

But obviously Calgary didn't offer more than Colorado because for Kylinhton to take close to league minimum for a year tells me Calgary didn't offer bit more like $1.25/2 years etc and that's a shame because we've seen what he can do and $1.25+/yr isn't a big risk to take for someone that was a starter...I mean just think Calgary didn't offer him over $1M/yr like they should have to keep him...

Just because a guy sells his house for a certain price five weeks after he put it up for sale doesn't mean that he didn't get a better offer the day he listed it.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2024 at 4:26 AM, JR Ewing said:

Just because a guy sells his house for a certain price five weeks after he put it up for sale doesn't mean that he didn't get a better offer the day he listed it.

If Calgary made him better offer why didn't he go back to them after getting lower offers from others...? Isn't that allowed?

2 hours ago, thegx.ca said:

If Calgary made him better offer why didn't he go back to them after getting lower offers from others...? Isn't that allowed?

Kylington could have done that, but in the meantime, the Flames signed Jake Bean, another left-handed puck rushing defenseman, to a 2-yr/$1.75M contract. The team already had their left side taken care of, had signed another guy who plays his style of his game, so even if Kylington decided to swing back to the Flames, the music had already stopped and there wasn't a chair for him.

• Like 1